Hi all BB Playbook users,

Listen ya all..., I was toyed with a great app. idea of being able to track all my courier packages supposedly through this app. called "PACKAGE TRACKING HD" which cost $2.99.-

I was very disappointed when I installed on my playbook only to find this app. designer was using this app. as some kind of "front" for his app which basically then mirrored to a totally FREE web courier service called "packagetrackr.com" ........this is much more powerful than this app. which I paid for...

THIS designer DRI App World (Email: DRSarlRIMHKD@digitalriver.com)
    have not been totally honest with the app. description and all of you out there may just fall into the same situation as I did 2 hrs ago!
    04-27-11 04:50 AM
    Disclaimer: I do not have a Playbook, so I can't investigate this myself.

If this is true, I hope he didn't receive a free Playbook from RIM. There were conditions in the contest rules that said the app couldn't simply be a portal to a website.
    04-27-11 05:24 AM
    I'm the author of the application. You can find descriptions and screens here:

BlackBerry App World - Package Tracking HD

caringboy write to me today morning that he has problem with application. I reply him with informations how to resolve problem. He was using blank spaces in his tracking number so application was not able to track his package. After that he wrote to me that he want refund for application because he found the site which allow tracking packages for free. It's not my fault that my application is using many services around the world to track packages. Application is not violating any rules or terms.
    04-27-11 05:32 AM
    dont see the point in this app but fair play to the dev if he can make money of it. the OP seams annoyed and feels like hes been tricked into buying something which he could get for free.

if he really wanted it for free he could've just gone to the couriers website and input his tracking code, hes rocking a playbook!!
    04-27-11 05:57 AM
    @steff2632

That is true. If he want to track his packages he can use website. But it's better now to start complaining because maybe finally I refund him the application. But I'm not going to do that.

In my application there are many carries and not all of them all available on site he wrote.
    04-27-11 06:03 AM
    I'm with the developer on this one. The website looks kind of clunking and difficult to use, AND it does appear his program tracks from more couriers. His program gives you easy to use interface and a central place to track packages and DOES seem to provide value. CAN you get it free if you go to a few different web sites? Sure, BUT if you want a simple central place with which to track your shipping and you do a fair bit of shipping then 2.99 is a VERY good price, IMHO!
    04-27-11 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD