I'm currently porting the Pixlr-O-Matic application so that we can use it on the Playbook, and I'm currently rebuilding the app by reusing Pixlr's elements and not by redirecting it as a link. This will be using AIR engine since it's fast on the playbook when testing it.

Take note that all of the privacy-snooping components have been removed on this app. I was surprised that the Google Analytics component was even able to hide on this app.

Man it was hard to port with all that obfuscation, but I was able to make it at peace, and it just took me 5 hours to rewrite. I'm currently rearranging the UI images for a 1024 x 600 profile since it's currently a whack. I'll upload the bar for free (unlike some $5 pixlr link app I know) once the app is done. Goodluck for me.

Here we go:
    Pixlromatic BAR link
    v 0.0.4
    For all the beta testers out there, goodluck

Here are the current issues:

Base Photo Filter Section: Sluggish because of the ripple. Let me know if you want that removed. Removed.
    All Phases:Focus is off center Fixed
    Border Phase: Some images won't render correcrly
    Camera as source: Some part of the images are cut off when capturing the photo Used 640 x 480
    Facebook Feature: Still disabled for the time being. I'm learning how to use the Facebook API on the Action Script.

Credits to Pixlr.com for having a great app on the web.
    Last edited by peter_betos; 05-08-12 at 06:50 AM.
    05-03-12 01:20 PM
    cool, are you using cascades?
    05-03-12 01:52 PM
    Will be using AIR for this, so far the performance of the app is nearly native-like.
    The window on the background already says what I'm currently using to develop the app
    Last edited by peter_betos; 05-03-12 at 02:23 PM.
    05-03-12 02:08 PM
    WOW! Nice, i was begging for this long ago when PicShop wasnt available i'd love to have it on my PlayBook now.
    05-03-12 02:53 PM
    I'm impressed!

And what caught my attention was the use of AIR. Do you have any advise for a newbie playing with AIR? I kinda know java and C++ but I want to try it out
    05-03-12 06:12 PM
    wouldn't that be copyright infringement?
    Last edited by sergeh; 05-08-12 at 10:31 PM.
    05-03-12 10:17 PM
    This will not be posted on the AppWorld so that I won't claim it as my own. Credits, disclaimer, notices, and warning will be explicitly displayed on the app so that no one would nap this and sell it for $5.

I'll even mention the statement below:

"In case of issues on the app, very deeply persuade Autodesk and Pixlr.com support to port their app on the playbook. Provide them the screenshots to show them that it's easy to port their application on our platform."
    Last edited by peter_betos; 05-04-12 at 02:50 AM.
    05-03-12 10:40 PM
    Thank you for your hard work, been wanting this app for so long!
    05-03-12 11:08 PM
    I'm impressed!

And what caught my attention was the use of AIR. Do you have any advise for a newbie playing with AIR? I kinda know java and C++ but I want to try it out
    Patience, patience, a lot of patience, and oh, patience. Writing an app from ground up would require a planned timeline. Porting, on the other hand, requires patience and all the time in the world.

Since you know JAVA, action script won't be that hard for you.
    05-04-12 12:36 AM
    And here we go:
    Pixlromatic BAR link
    Still in alpha so I would appreciate it if you can provide Thanks for the 2 day port attempt.

Here are the current issues:

Base Photo Filter Section: Sluggish because of the ripple. Let me know if you want that removed.
    All Sections: Focus is off center
    Border Section: Some images won't render correcrly
    Camera as source: Some part of the images are cut off when capturing the photo

Images on the OP will be replaced with the screen shots from the actual app once I got enough rest. Post here if you see issues that are not on the list. Thanks. Good luck to you guys.
    Last edited by peter_betos; 05-04-12 at 01:43 PM.
    nazreil25 and Richard Kapp like this.
    05-04-12 12:56 PM
    Invalid or Deleted File
    05-04-12 01:42 PM
    Loaded fine and running pretty smooth.
    If removing the ripple improves performance - why bother IMO
    Yes the camera centering is an issue
    Edits are very fast - filters render quickly
    Maybe allow tapping anywhere in the screen to take a photo or move it off center as yo are likely to tap it with your thumb.
    I have always liked the web version and with improvement of the items you listed, it will be a very welcome addition.
    I find is faster than using the browser version - nice job.
    05-04-12 01:44 PM
    Invalid or Deleted File
    Try again now. I've corrected the BAR so that it won't switch orientation.
    bugmeyes likes this.
    05-04-12 01:44 PM
    Try again now. I've corrected the BAR so that it won't switch orientation.
    Thank you it works now
    05-04-12 01:45 PM
    Seems the filter is not aligned with the filter window. In other words when the filter window is over Greg you are actually using the filter to the left - in the Greg case that would be Leslie.
    Actually it is this way with the frames etc. No big deal just a comment.
    I did note that is does properly select the filter/frame that you tap rather than trying to scroll. the alignment if off if you tap too.
    Talon88 likes this.
    05-04-12 02:35 PM
    what are the chances this will be approved to app world
    05-04-12 03:17 PM
    what are the chances this will be approved to app world
    Slim, since most of the UI elements are not from scratch. But then again, someone was able to charge $5 for a so-so app that has a link to the web version.
    05-04-12 03:23 PM
    Seems the filter is not aligned with the filter window. In other words when the filter window is over Greg you are actually using the filter to the left - in the Greg case that would be Leslie.
    Actually it is this way with the frames etc. No big deal just a comment.
    I did note that is does properly select the filter/frame that you tap rather than trying to scroll. the alignment if off if you tap too.
    Yes, mentioned this on the OP. That's because the app was converted from its previous width of 760 pixels. I'll check the code further to get the idea on how I can realign it on the center.
    05-04-12 06:05 PM
    Pixlr-o-matic Ported app update:

Pixlromatic BAR link
    v 0.0.4

Updates:
    Base Photo Filter Section: Sluggish because of the ripple. Let me know if you want that removed. Removed.
    Camera as source: Some part of the images are cut off when capturing the photo Used 640 x 480
    Facebook Feature: Still disabled for the time being. I'm learning how to use the Facebook API on the Action Script.
    Richard Kapp likes this.
    05-08-12 04:38 AM
    Thanks I will be happy to try it out.
    05-08-12 06:51 AM
    Pixlr-o-matic Ported app update:

Pixlromatic BAR link
    v 0.0.4

Updates:

I just wanted to mention I love your app (that it is native is really nice). I have been promoting your link in some other photo threads. I see on the web site version at the end of the filters there in now a more button that will allow for some really nice additional filters etc. Any chance you can add these to work with your .bar?
    Thought it was worth asking.
    Richard Kapp likes this.
    07-13-12 10:14 AM
    I had my Playbook sold to someone else, sorry. And I can't give the source code port away since it's owned by Autodesk. So the only course of action is to have them do the port. Use my app as a proof of concept of you like.

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2
    07-13-12 12:01 PM
    I currently have a Q10 so I'll revisit porting this app.

Posted via CB10
    Herve5 likes this.
    06-13-13 09:18 AM
    Grrreat job!
    06-14-13 12:37 PM
    Yes I would be very interested. Should I follow this thread or will you post in another. I have a Z10 and would love to have this app!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 11:29 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD