Read a blog on wordpress that suggested that Playbook should be called Piratebook now, since Playbook App World allows illegal copyrighted material as downloads now.

I found all the Harry Potter, Stephen King's Dark Towers series and Game of Thrones books freely available on App World - in a really horrible quality. But no matter the quality, then they are there free to download.

So I wonder if RIM is getting desperate and just allows all apps submitted onto their App store without a check. Does that mean they have stopped checking for spyware as well and just let anything onto the Playbook now?

Do a search on "infosys" or any of the book titles that I mentioned and you can see a number of books that looks like they have been taken from a torrent and packed into an App.
    02-11-12 06:11 PM
    Never spent much time in the Android Market have you? As for SpyWare, the Android Market is full of it anyway and Google themselves are just now taking on the task of getting rid of it. If any SpyWare is getting on the PlayBook, it'll be coming from the Android apps but given that the Android App Player has no access to the PlayBook side of things, and can't function as Android normally would, the risk is lower. RIM will do their own policing of content and pull anything potentially harmful out of there.. they've already pulled numerous apps from App World and 2.0 hasn't even launched to the masses yet, that shows they're looking for things of that nature.

I won't even get into the fact that some user discretion has to be applied when downloading potentially shady apps, I have a feeling my time will be wasted, lol.
    02-11-12 06:12 PM
    If I didn't know better, I'd swear we were under attack.....WTF?
    02-11-12 06:12 PM
    Well we are still under the effects of the FULL MOON.... The crazies are out FULL force..
    Hgouck likes this.
    02-11-12 06:27 PM
    If you see anything that you think is pirated, contact the vendor through the support address to express your concern. If you don't get a satisfactory answer, contact the copyright owner and let them know.
    Hgouck, jafobabe and Toodeurep like this.
    02-11-12 06:30 PM
    Well we are still under the effects of the FULL MOON.... The crazies are out FULL force..
    It never stopped them before....think DSM IV.
    braindigger likes this.
    02-11-12 06:32 PM
    Whar? I had to have those apps once you said they were available but i could not find them on app world. How about a screen cap. Thanx.
    02-11-12 06:36 PM
    Whar? I had to have those apps once you said they were available but i could not find them on app world. How about a screen cap. Thanx.
    As I suspected... Android apps from a publisher removed from the Android Market but still available via Handster. Inc.

PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-11-12 06:44 PM
    Yes, Al Nam vet, I agree with you that it does indeed look like we are being deliberately and systematically attacked.

I have a theory as to why... they can't help it cuz something is ingrained in our human dna to want everything to be the same.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...51#post7115351

Seems the mantras of "to each his own" and "different strokes for different folks" and "variety is the spice of life" don't rule.
    02-11-12 06:53 PM
    how about deleting this thread now we know it is bogus or else change the title to "pirated material not available in BB AppWorld"?
    02-11-12 06:56 PM
    Pirated material exists on all platforms. Its not easy to stop and with the internet today it wont be any time soon before someone can really regulate it.

As mentioned about you can report it to the appropriate people and hopefully it will be removed promptly
    02-11-12 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD