08-09-11 06:37 AM
48 12
tools
    Hey @mscooley, Great News. Thanks for letting me know. Will see what happens. Was it the same scenario? Making a free app a paid app? I have contacted everyone I can, now I just have to wait and hope alot of people don't get angry at me. It really wasn't my intention.

Regards
    Mitch Ellis
    MELLISdesigns
    PIPO and Disctract for Blackberry Playbook
    07-28-11 09:28 AM
    Hey @mscooley, Great News. Thanks for letting me know. Will see what happens. Was it the same scenario? Making a free app a paid app? I have contacted everyone I can, now I just have to wait and hope alot of people don't get angry at me. It really wasn't my intention.

Regards
    Mitch Ellis
    MELLISdesigns
    PIPO and Disctract for Blackberry Playbook
    We understand. It was an app that I paid for in the beginning, but AppWorld wanted to charge me to update it.
    07-28-11 09:30 AM
    See I actually think my situation is a little different, I started this app free for a week and then made it paid, and apparently App World now consider them two different apps. Meaning the people who did download the app on the free side, app world consider that a different app and they cant just download the upgrades. Really sucks, I don't know what to do. I will wait for the blackberry guys to get back to me and see what they say.
    07-28-11 09:52 AM
    I downloaded for free last week as well and it is also prompting me to pay for the new update.
    07-28-11 09:56 AM
    @bacon.jay Hey Mate, I know, I am currently waiting for answers from rim. I think I learnt the hard way that apparently once you have the app on your system, you are not just considered an owner of the app, meaning the upgrade still sees you as being a free user and not one that has paid for it, even though I had all the settings setup for free upgrades.
    petworks97 and petworks97 like this.
    07-28-11 10:09 AM
    freee for a week now theres an update...ugh now annoying for life.
    determined61 and MobileGlick like this.
    07-28-11 08:33 PM
    Hey @ignites I am as annoyed as you are mate. The iOS store works in a very different manner, if you download the app when its free, then the developer puts a price on it, you are still the owner of that app. Unfortunately I thought blackberry app world would work the same way, apparently not, I have not charged for any update and never will for any other update.
    App World automatically says that you have an unpaid version of the app and thus need to buy it to download any other versions of it.
    This has pissed alot of people off and I am doing everything I can to fix this. I can't just make the app free again, because people have already purchased, I cant roll back the update, because the app portal does not let me. Unfortunately I think its one of those mistakes that I have to learn from, and I truly regret letting people down.

Mitch
    MELLISdesigns
    07-28-11 10:41 PM
    I stated above that I'd be willing to pay for it, so guess it's time to man up and keep my word Enjoy your 2 bucks mate! How much beer is that in the US?
    07-29-11 02:37 AM
    Hey @omgitsalive
    You know its just one of those things, thank you for buying the app. You know after this crazy **** up, can I say ****? You will be getting a major update by the end of next week. Sneak peaks are CSV exports, Timestamp based calculations (App can run while not even being opened) and full TimeStamp history editing panel. It's the least I can do besides crawling in and out of my hole.
    All the best.

Mitch Ellis
    MELLISdesigns
    07-29-11 05:51 AM
    freee for a week now theres an update...ugh now annoying for life.
    My first thought is "did you read this thread?". I'm just left thinking "what a strange comment".

Mitch has been good in giving us the app, requesting feedback, and taking that feedback on board to update the app. He (and I apologise if I've misgendered you Mitch!) appears to have been open and honest throughout this thread. Unless anyone can set me straight with some facts re: appworld/RIM etc, I am happy to accept what has been posted.

I like the app, I like the sound of the upgrade (I haven't yet as I read this thread and thought I'd wait in case anything changed). Frankly, I'm with omgitsalive and I'll pay for it over teh weekend. Two reasons 1) it's worth half the price of a small cappuchino, and 2) it will support a good program from an approachable Dev.

Hope that the strange prob with AppWorld gets resolved for you at some point.
    07-29-11 07:41 AM
    auto invoicing would be awesome!!
    07-29-11 09:00 AM
    My first thought is "did you read this thread?". I'm just left thinking "what a strange comment".

Mitch has been good in giving us the app, requesting feedback, and taking that feedback on board to update the app. He (and I apologise if I've misgendered you Mitch!) appears to have been open and honest throughout this thread. Unless anyone can set me straight with some facts re: appworld/RIM etc, I am happy to accept what has been posted.

I like the app, I like the sound of the upgrade (I haven't yet as I read this thread and thought I'd wait in case anything changed). Frankly, I'm with omgitsalive and I'll pay for it over teh weekend. Two reasons 1) it's worth half the price of a small cappuchino, and 2) it will support a good program from an approachable Dev.

Hope that the strange prob with AppWorld gets resolved for you at some point.
    i prefer it when app vendors make a FREE/Trial version and then upload a 'new app' which is the paid version and discontinue selling the old app... notifications are annoying....
    07-29-11 10:05 AM
    i prefer it when app vendors make a FREE/Trial version and then upload a 'new app' which is the paid version and discontinue selling the old app... notifications are annoying....
    A very good point - could be messy from an App World perspective, but it does sound like that would work in a good way.
    07-29-11 10:10 AM
    i do not begrudge the $2, of course if i did, i could have either kept the original "free" program or deleted it when it prompted me with the price.

i paid the $2, that would not even cover the taxes on the ice that melted away instead of keeping my beer cold.
    07-31-11 11:48 PM
    @Barljo Dude, I want to thank you for the support, I have only just really accepted that what happened happened, and although now I rarely look at the reviews because of so many half star, he ripped me off comments, I still strive to give everyone the best of what I can achieve for the Playbook.

From this point on I have learnt that all my apps will now come with a free and paid version. Nice and simple.

I did get a reply from blackberry and they did say they were sorry for what happened but at the moment, that is how the app world works.

EXCITING NEWS
    By the end of the week / weekend, I will be submitting TWO applications. One will be an update to the current paid version of PIPO to make it v1.5 and the other will be PIPO Lite. PIPO Lite will be the current paid version that is on the APP market today, v1.0.2. It's the best I can do for everyone that downloaded the free version with the force to purchase to update problem.

And to the people who have purchased the app, Your free update is as follows:

PIPO v1.5 Feature List
    - Silky 60fps Uber Smooth Graphics now utilizing Blackberry Playbook GPU rendering. You have to see it to believe it.
    - All timing is now calculated based on Difference between two Dates. This means that per second storing is redundant and opens the app for some exciting updates in the future.
    - Punch In and CLOSE THE APP. You job will continue from where it should when you reopen the app. You leave the app for an hour and reopen, and you will see an hour has passed!
    - Conversion function that reads all of the old data from 1.0.2 and converts it to the new time system on 1.5.0. It happens in the background without you even knowing.
    - Export Client, Project or Job to CSV. CSV is an open format supported by most spreed sheet applications. PIPO automatically grabs all the relevant time stamps and creates a CSV file on your blackberry that you can open in excel. NOTE: Excel for Playbook currently does not support CSV.
    - Rotate your playbook into Portrait mode and experience a full Time stamp editing engine that allows you to either remove all of a jobs time stamps or each one individually
    - Numerous Graphics and Run time optimization to make the app run smoother then it ever has.

Again, I thank those people for there support and I look forward to hopefully bumping out some of those negative comments in the review section.

Best Regards, and keep a look out for the FREE version and PIPO Lite and the awesomeness of PIPO 1.5 for people who have purchased the full version!
    Last edited by mellisdesigns; 08-03-11 at 06:27 AM.
    biggulpseh and deltadiva2 like this.
    08-03-11 06:22 AM
    I got it for free, now when I updated it wants me to purchase it. WTF? BS! lol
    08-03-11 03:48 PM
    Where the heck have you been lol
    deltadiva2 and Barljo like this.
    08-03-11 05:02 PM
    Haha, super late, read the forums, and apologies, next week a free version of PIPO will be released that does not cost money and that you can use!

regards.
    Mitch
    Barljo likes this.
    08-03-11 10:07 PM
    FREE Punch In Punch Out Lite submitted for approval (Paid v1.0.2)
    - The everything of the 1.0.2 full version of PIPO

FREE Punch In Punch Out v1.5.1 Update submitted for approval
    - Full Export Capabilities to CSV, Clients, Projects and Jobs, atm not currently supported by Sheets To Go . . .
    - Time Stamp management editor, Flip Playbook into Portrait Mode while not punched in, and remove non used time stamps.
    - Punch In and Close App, leave app for hours, days or weeks and reopen app to see punch in still running
    - Full Graphic Overhaul, uses easier to read Typewriter Fonts and Layout and Silky Smooth 60fps run time now using GPU for rendering.
    - Help screen updated for new features.

I will let you all know when I get the approval email!

Another Thing, You crackberry guys are amazing, thanks for all the incredible reviews and support! MELLISdesigns will not let you down! Keep the reviews comings and let me know what you want. It is the best way for features to be implemented.
    Best Regards Guys, Many beers owed!

Mitch Ellis
    MELLISdesigns
    MobileGlick likes this.
    08-06-11 04:28 AM
    Mitch,

I'm truly impressed with your engagement where and your desire to make things right. I realize the App World thing threw you for a loop but you've been open and communicative about it and worked to find a solution. This is the kind of commitment I'd love to see from all software houses. I don't expect everyone to give away their work (people should be able to make money off their work if they choose) but your dedication to your customers is impressive!
    Barljo and mellisdesigns like this.
    08-07-11 07:02 PM
    i tried it when it was free, and for $2 i wasn't going to complain (that much lol) seeing as the tablet i got was $700 lol, - hopefully more updates come and stuff, it'll be nice if you can add an export feature to it for like excel or email or something. and multiple punch cards would be pretty cool was well so you can track individuals tasks and stuff.
    08-07-11 11:39 PM
    @Spinal I just got an email saying the 1.5.1 had been approved and ready for release, which means in the next few hours, you should be getting Export and Time Stamp management, as well as GPU rendering and Closed App Functionality (You can punch in and close the app, it will continue counting) As for multiple punch cards, I have a super cool idea on how to implement this, the main reason for this update is to convert the old system to a new system, which could take full advantage of multiple punch ins. This will be a feature in a later update, but for the moment enjoy all the new stuff in v1.5.1

@MobileGlick Hey thanks for the kind comments. I see every single user as being an absolute asset to what I do. It kind of took a little bit out of me in the first three days, but it made me stronger, and that's a good thing. I know the apps good, I know it works well, and I know my users enjoy it so that's all that matters! I look forward to creating more apps that fit the MellisDesigns moto, and hopefully this passes down to you guys and gals to!
    Last edited by mellisdesigns; 08-08-11 at 03:00 AM.
    08-08-11 02:49 AM
    PIPO Lite and PIPO 1.5.1 Now Available in the App Store

For everyone that has purchased PIPO, go and download the update, it has some cool new features!

For everyone else who wants to use the free version and not pay for the app, PIPO Lite is made for you!

Best Regards, and if you like it, Make sure you review and let everyone know!

If you have any feature requests or PIPO is just not working right, please let me know and I will do my best to solve all of the issues.

Best Regards Crackberry and Others

Mitch
    MELLISdesigns
    08-09-11 06:37 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD