OK...
    So remember that interview with Jim Balisille and he said 60 days from the release date we are getting PIM and Calender Apps..?
    I counted 60 days from the release date and got June 16.
    Which is also the day RIM is releasing how many Playbooks they have sold...
    To me this is not a coincidence..
    What do you think?
    06-09-11 08:09 AM
    60 days at RIM, is 60 business days. I think we will probably have to wait until July, but I hope you are right.
    06-09-11 08:46 AM
    OK...
    So remember that interview with Jim Balisille and he said 60 days from the release date we are getting PIM and Calender Apps..?
    I counted 60 days from the release date and got June 16.
    Which is also the day RIM is releasing how many Playbooks they have sold...
    To me this is not a coincidence..
    What do you think?
    No not June 16. The concept of days is not clearly defined.
    It might mean business days. Or it might mean days in the planet "venus' which is awfully long where 1 day would be equal to over 200 regular 'earth day'. Also sometimes days might just be a reference to a period like decades.

But anyways, RIM will meet its deadline within 60 days (just don't take it to mean the days in the regular sense we are used to because RIM is special)
    06-09-11 08:54 AM
    Little off topic but can anybody tell me what PIM means? I keep seeing that and
    And native email?
    Not sure what they mean, I thought we allready have email on the playbook
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 09:04 AM
    I predict July 1st.
    06-09-11 09:15 AM
    Little off topic but can anybody tell me what PIM means? I keep seeing that and And native email?
    Not sure what they mean, I thought we allready have email on the playbook
    "PIM" goes back to the old information manager devices: "Personal Information Manager". These usually have many functions like calender alarms, more defined contact lists ...

"A personal information manager (PIM) is a type of application software that functions as a personal organizer. As an information management tool, a PIM's purpose is to facilitate the recording, tracking, and management of certain types of "personal information". Personal information can include any of the following: personal notes/journal, address books, lists (including task lists), significant calendar dates, birthdays, anniversaries, appointments, e-mail, fax communications, project management features, RSS/Atom feeds"

"Native email" is a stand alone email program, like MS LiveMail or Outlook Express. For those who use our BB phones bridged to the PB we likely will not need it. When an owner of another type of phone wants to get WIFI email they need that kind of app, except if they use something like gMail.
    Lack of "Native email" has been a major thorn in the side of the PB. Trolls who own iPhones and iPads use it as PB's weakest point when they can point to no other.
    Last edited by mandony; 06-09-11 at 09:23 AM.
    Ellenbrover likes this.
    Personal Information Manager (Management) however since we're in the Stanley Cup finals, I prefer Penalties in Minutes...

More here

-Kang
    Trolls who own iPhones and iPads use it as PB's weakest point when they can point to no other.
    Nah, there are plenty more to point out... Just sayin

-Kang
    06-09-11 09:16 AM
    I doubt Balsillie was speaking metaphorically when he gave that interview.

RIM sucks at delivering on promises as of late but I trust if he said 60 days, that it should be coming very soon. Like next update soon.
    06-09-11 09:23 AM
    you won't have native pim data till august.
    06-09-11 09:33 AM
    HP TouchPad goes on pre-order June 19 and starts shipping July 1. I imagine RIM will (or at least it should, if its managers are semi-savvy) try to push an update with at least native email/calendar. If they don't, I imagine they might lose a few customers who choose TouchPad - OS is visually similar but it has email. Oh well, wait and see.
    My guess is June 30. But then again I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see anything for a while. I think we may find some details on their earnings day on June 16.
    06-09-11 09:41 AM

RIM sucks at delivering on promises as of late but I trust if he said 60 days, that it should be coming very soon. Like next update soon.
    This is basically a quote from Ballsy "PIM and Native Email that is scheduled to arrive in 60 days."
    06-09-11 09:40 PM
    well rim brought tungle.me which has a calendar app. Which IS on the playbook and IS owned by RIM so... there you go. =)
    06-09-11 11:12 PM

Analysts are really scrutinizing every word the C-suite at RIMM says. Even more so with this whole PB debacle. And yes, they (analysts), along with the AAPL trolls use the lack of native apps as one of the strongest points against RIMM and the PB so it would really be bad for its stock if they don't release it "on time". Whatever the **** that means...
    06-09-11 11:38 PM
    was just using bridge bbm.... such a nice program. I'm glad the latest update made it much snappier... got me craving some native pb bbm though. I'm really really looking forward to that! bbm groups will be great!
    06-09-11 11:41 PM
    June 16th is also the day that the playbook is released in Europe. Conspiracy?
    06-10-11 03:31 AM
    June 16th is also the day that the playbook is released in Europe. Conspiracy?
    No, not a conspiracy - probably a planned timing. Now that they've announced the next 16 countries to get the PB, I'm sure they've tried to time update accordingly.

OR... they could just mean 60 'ideal' days (for those software developers out there who do estimates...)
    06-10-11 09:09 AM
    HP TouchPad goes on pre-order June 19 and starts shipping July 1. I imagine RIM will (or at least it should, if its managers are semi-savvy) try to push an update with at least native email/calendar. If they don't, I imagine they might lose a few customers who choose TouchPad - OS is visually similar but it has email. Oh well, wait and see.
    My guess is June 30. But then again I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see anything for a while. I think we may find some details on their earnings day on June 16.
    I doubt the touchpad would take any customers away because of an update.. The general consumer wouldn't even know about this native email "update" hence they would of picked pb or hp before hand.. so if they wanted hp, theyll take hp, if they want pb, theyll take pb, their minds are already made up IMO
    06-10-11 10:18 AM
    Their Q1 earnings call is at 5pm on June 16th. If there isn't another update by the night of the 15th/morning of the 16th that includes SOMETHING substantial, I think their stock will really take a hit. It's already down something like 40% over the past 3 months... But this does fall in line with their "within 60 days" comment. I really want RIM to succeed, but unfortunately for them, I won't believe anything until I see it...
    06-10-11 11:25 AM
    The 16th is a big day from RIM because it will report on what has been a bad quarter (RIM had to reduce its guidance). RIM is selling fewer phones, pure and simple. Also, the phones that RIM is selling are lower end models (RIM admits that it has no "high end" phones because it is in a period of transition).

More important than what happened in the past quarter, RIM will be talking about the next quarter. Where are the OS7 phones? How is Playbook doing? Those kinds of things.

I am not sure how a Playbook software update fits into any of this but I do know that analysts and the market in general is tired about hearing about things that RIM is going to do sometime in the future. Management has lost a lot of credibility because it has not delivered on a lot of what it said. So, I would guess that RIM wants to deliver. The question is will it be able to deliver?

I know that if I was the CEO of a company and someone told me e-mail in 60 days and then I told that to the press and after 60 days there was no email, that I would make sure that I was not misled again in the future.
    06-10-11 11:35 AM
    i doubt it'll be on 16th, its nice ON the 16th to say update is coming tomorrow or next week but not 'update is out already' cus that sounds bad and not as 'exciting'. Also if the update is a really bad update.. then it will make the con. call worse. So most likely it will NOT be on the 16th.
    06-10-11 12:02 PM
    Is the intent that the native PIM will work for BES users also?
    06-10-11 01:29 PM
    June 14th, Tuesday!
    06-10-11 01:34 PM
    No not June 16. The concept of days is not clearly defined.
    It might mean business days. Or it might mean days in the planet "venus' which is awfully long where 1 day would be equal to over 200 regular 'earth day'. Also sometimes days might just be a reference to a period like decades.

But anyways, RIM will meet its deadline within 60 days (just don't take it to mean the days in the regular sense we are used to because RIM is special)
    Get your facts straight. One complete Venus day (sunrise to sunrise) is only about 117 Earth days.
    06-10-11 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD