09-07-12 11:04 PM
91 1234
tools
    I've downloaded this , yes it does say on the app page.......

Can't see a way of printing (even though it mentions it in the Docs as well ) or sending to e-mail (this would be good so i could e-mail it straight to my Epson printer) .
    I also got the error message but everything seems to be working....apart from the printing.....
    Your correct, apparently no print option in PB even though it says otherwise is in App World description. See reviews in App World.
    03-24-12 03:33 PM
    I need to open a PDF, Mark off Checkboxes in a list and save it. Anybody know which app can do that on the Playbook?
    03-24-12 03:40 PM
    You can read pdf but can you edit them?
    03-24-12 03:45 PM
    I tried the free version and it looks awesome. Pity there is a nonstandard way to open the settings and it is just too expensive, especially in the UK. Shame since at the right price I'd have bought it.
    03-24-12 04:04 PM
    How do you actually get out of a document in this app I've tried the usual gestures and I am stuck in all the pdf I open!
    03-24-12 04:38 PM
    How do you actually get out of a document in this app I've tried the usual gestures and I am stuck in all the pdf I open!
    If you tap anywhere near the top of the screen it brings up options. Totally nonstandard but it works.
    03-24-12 05:19 PM
    Oh thanks a lot
    03-24-12 07:01 PM
    has anyone tried accessing bridge files with it yet?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-24-12 08:32 PM
    Official response on printing below:

"Thank you for reporting that you cannot print from Smart Office on the RIM PlayBook.

If you have an HP printer supporting ePrint, or a similar system, you can send your document by email to the appropriate address. This should allow you to print.

We apologise that the PlayBook version of Smart Office does not support the same kind of printing as our applications on other devices.

We are continuously improving our product, and may be able to add built-in printing as a feature at some later date. We hope that you enjoy using the product in the mean time.

Regards,"
    03-26-12 07:34 PM
    Can anybody get this app to work with the Blackberry mini keyboard or their Blackberry phone remote? Although typing works, moving the cursor around doesn't.
    03-26-12 08:19 PM
    Smart Office 2 is not available now ???
    03-27-12 08:48 PM
    I finally downloaded this app, price went down to CDN $4.99

Did not bother with the trial version, read some reviews and this thread and decided to give it a try.
    Visually it is interesting, it only took a couple of minutes to get the way they use the interface. Obviously it was not designed for the PB and the bezel gestures. It shows how much better the BB OS works on a touchscreen device.
    The file system browser seems to work well for me, as stated previously, it supports folders!
    It linked to my Dropbox nicely and displayed folders. I do not like having my Dropbox synced on my devices, I find that pointless.
    The 3 apps worked well for me, I will have to give them a bit more use before I decide to leave Docs2go. Since the PPT actually works, I could see utilizing the rest of the apps as a default.
    Overall it is a nice app and I am 1 step closer to leaving the laptop closed.

* when reading the reviews I see complaints regarding the pricing. I can't figure out how something that helps get work completed and costs less than lunch (or a couple of beer) is considered too much.
    04-06-12 10:33 AM
    I just got the full version of Smart Office 2 (the price drop made it attractive), but I'm having an issue with the "Word" files created and saved by Smart Office (as .doc files) on the PlayBook:

1) They do NOT open in Documents to Go (they do in Smart Office 2).
    2) They can be viewed in the PlayBook's File Manager and in Files & Folders, but tapping on the files opens up Docs to Go, so I cannot view them that way - see #1.
    3) Moreover, I cannot even see them when I connect my PlayBook to my computer.
    4) I cannot copy/paste them into Dropbox or Box using Files & Folders. I just get error "messages".

Anyone else having these issues?

I will contact Picsel but thought I'd ask here first.
    04-06-12 11:12 PM
    I just got the full version of Smart Office 2 (the price drop made it attractive), but I'm having an issue with the "Word" files created and saved by Smart Office (as .doc files) on the PlayBook:

1) They do NOT open in Documents to Go (they do in Smart Office 2).
    2) They can be viewed in the PlayBook's File Manager and in Files & Folders, but tapping on the files opens up Docs to Go, so I cannot view them that way - see #1.
    3) Moreover, I cannot even see them when I connect my PlayBook to my computer.
    4) I cannot copy/paste them into Dropbox or Box using Files & Folders. I just get error "messages".

Anyone else having these issues?

I will contact Picsel but thought I'd ask here first.
    Very interesting. I, too, purchased when it dropped in price but did not do much other then check that it showed text/image boxes in some documents I had created in Word on my computer.

But I just created two simple files, one as xxx.doc and the other as xxx.docx. And, Docs-to-go could not open either. And you are right, I did not see either of them when using wifi-sharing - not in the Documents folder nor anywhere in the Misc/android folder. And I just kind of quickly looked at all folders from computer and don't see them. So they must be stored in a walled location.

Also, I may be missing something but it does not appear to have Spelling correction or use the typing-assistant???

I also tried getting to their help page on my computer but it must be limited to the pb's browser.

As you noted, let's see if someone might have ideas but contacting them sounds like a good idea.

Oh, well, at least, it was not $10 and I may may seek a return of my money....

EDITED TO ADD: Kind of found them. I opened each of them again, in picsel. I then used the COPY icon (overlapping sheets with curved arrow) and copied each of them to another folder on my pb. I then could actually see them on my computer and both opened in WinWord on my computer. But for your purposes, I could actually open them (the copies) with Air Browser in docs-to-go. Both opened - again, simple, one line doc and docx files.

So, I suspect that picsel is saving them in some fashion to the documents folder but they are NOT accessible (hidden/protected/???) but once they are copied elsewhere, they are accessible! Very ODD.

Any ideas on spell-checking?
    Last edited by F2; 04-07-12 at 02:15 PM.
    04-07-12 02:05 PM
    I will bump this thread for more exposure and to say that I posted an email to them regarding the "missing" and unopenable files and on the spell-check and predictive text questions.
    04-08-12 01:46 PM
    Very interesting. I, too, purchased when it dropped in price but did not do much other then check that it showed text/image boxes in some documents I had created in Word on my computer.

But I just created two simple files, one as xxx.doc and the other as xxx.docx. And, Docs-to-go could not open either. And you are right, I did not see either of them when using wifi-sharing - not in the Documents folder nor anywhere in the Misc/android folder. And I just kind of quickly looked at all folders from computer and don't see them. So they must be stored in a walled location.

Also, I may be missing something but it does not appear to have Spelling correction or use the typing-assistant???

I also tried getting to their help page on my computer but it must be limited to the pb's browser.

As you noted, let's see if someone might have ideas but contacting them sounds like a good idea.

Oh, well, at least, it was not $10 and I may may seek a return of my money....

EDITED TO ADD: Kind of found them. I opened each of them again, in picsel. I then used the COPY icon (overlapping sheets with curved arrow) and copied each of them to another folder on my pb. I then could actually see them on my computer and both opened in WinWord on my computer. But for your purposes, I could actually open them (the copies) with Air Browser in docs-to-go. Both opened - again, simple, one line doc and docx files.

So, I suspect that picsel is saving them in some fashion to the documents folder but they are NOT accessible (hidden/protected/???) but once they are copied elsewhere, they are accessible! Very ODD.

Any ideas on spell-checking?
    Thanks for investigating, F2 -- and for the brilliant suggestion regarding coping the file to another location!
    I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling SmartOffice. I was able to view the files after copying them into a new folder. I could then open them in Docs to Go and on my PC (since I could now see them) using MS-Word and Powerpoint. What is strange is that I cannot open (or copy/paste) my old files that had the problem I first reported. In fact they dont even open up in SmartOffice though I can see them (in SmartOffice). Those seem to be corrupted?? They were created before I uninstalled/reinstalled. I did contact the developers and expect a response after the holiday weekend. I'm willing to work with them to improve SmartOffice.

Overall, I find this version of SmartOffice to be a bit laggy. It seems to have a nice UI except for missing the nicer PlayBook gestures . I keep swiping instead of tapping...
    SmartOffice does have tremendous potential though.

Right now, I would say that I prefer Docs to Go. I used it extensively the last 3 months, especially Slides to Go (or whatever it's called). These were simple presentations (no animations) and they worked fine. I also find it pretty easy to take notes in Word to Go now, especially with the predictive text and autocorrect.
    04-09-12 02:38 AM
    I read that it doesn't freeze panes. If true it's worthless to me.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    04-09-12 06:33 AM
    That's correct.
    04-09-12 08:24 AM
    I have bought the full version...it looks nice...but I can not seem to find the save or save as menu! I can edit and excel but when I am done the only way I can exit is by the "x" ... So it is no use! Is anyone else having this issue too?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-09-12 09:56 AM
    I can save my work. Tap the top of the screen, choose file and then save or save as.

Another issue: when presenting slides empty paragraphs say click here to edit... Should be hidden while presenting.

Between both smart office 2 and docs to go I can seem to do all I want but I wish smart office did it all!
    Last edited by hpulley; 04-09-12 at 10:17 AM.
    04-09-12 10:11 AM
    Where is the save icon / menu ? I have looked everywhere I can think of!

04-09-12 10:15 AM
    It is hidden, tap the top of the screen and a menu will appear with a file sub menu.
    04-09-12 10:28 AM
    It is hidden, tap the top of the screen and a menu will appear with a file sub menu.

Ah I see! I have it now...thanks

04-09-12 10:32 AM
    Thanks for investigating, F2 -- and for the brilliant suggestion regarding coping the file to another location!
    I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling SmartOffice. I was able to view the files after copying them into a new folder. I could then open them in Docs to Go and on my PC (since I could now see them) using MS-Word and Powerpoint. What is strange is that I cannot open (or copy/paste) my old files that had the problem I first reported. In fact they dont even open up in SmartOffice though I can see them (in SmartOffice). Those seem to be corrupted?? They were created before I uninstalled/reinstalled. I did contact the developers and expect a response after the holiday weekend. I'm willing to work with them to improve SmartOffice.

Overall, I find this version of SmartOffice to be a bit laggy. It seems to have a nice UI except for missing the nicer PlayBook gestures . I keep swiping instead of tapping...
    SmartOffice does have tremendous potential though.

Right now, I would say that I prefer Docs to Go. I used it extensively the last 3 months, especially Slides to Go (or whatever it's called). These were simple presentations (no animations) and they worked fine. I also find it pretty easy to take notes in Word to Go now, especially with the predictive text and autocorrect.
    That's why I make a good beta tester - investigating. Also why I drove both instructors and programmers crazy. I can be pain-in-the-neck tenacious.

I only created one sentence files just to explore where they were hiding. And they were not corrupted. I even went looking with SecureFiles app to see if they were hidden but it did not show them. In playing, I discovered the copy icon and gave that a whirl. It worked. I do still want to know where they keep the darn originals!

I am guessing that it is now night in England (that's where they are from???) and did not get any reply. Is easter monday a holiday?

Also, no one misses spell stuff? well, I never was an entrant in spelling bees!
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    04-09-12 02:04 PM

Thank you for responding.

04-09-12 06:23 PM
91 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD