Well, they have still not replied to my inquiry about the missing/hidden files.
    04-10-12 10:03 PM
    Picsel responded that others have also reported the "missing" file and/or inability to open the files in other apps.

And there is NO spellcheck available in the apps.
    04-16-12 09:03 PM
    There is no support for password protected files - FYI
    04-17-12 06:20 AM
    Picsel responded that others have also reported the "missing" file and/or inability to open the files in other apps.

And there is NO spellcheck available in the apps.
    Just heard from them too. Looking forward to testing the update when it comes out.

I got used to no spellcheck with the old Docs to go so I can wait for that.
    04-17-12 12:18 PM
    Good lord, i have just tried this and the interface looks like it was designed by a kid.
    I will just stick to docs to go as it does not have a cartoon style interface.

They have to be joking.
    04-20-12 08:50 AM
    SmartOffice 2 brings an office suite to the BlackBerry PlayBook. Maybe in a future release they will take advantage of the bezel gestures of this tablet if only for consistency with other native applications. Now I can add one more application to my must-have list.
    04-20-12 02:54 PM
    PDF reading is very good ... it preloads all the pages(bad for books with 500+ pages) ..! You can even zoom out to view 2 or 4 or 6 pages at once Simply awesome !!! i've not seen this functionality in any android pdf reader.
    04-20-12 10:32 PM
    Good lord, i have just tried this and the interface looks like it was designed by a kid.
    I will just stick to docs to go as it does not have a cartoon style interface.

They have to be joking.
    I dont mind the interface as this app is a much more robust pdf viewer that unlike the "official" app; can actually view substantive pdf articles. And wonder of wonders, you can actually find text on these pdf articles. Take that Adobe.

But I will agree with you that the interface, particularly, the main screen, could be substantially more polished. The biggest pet peeve I have is the fact that there is advertisment on the page telling me that the professional version is now available. Having bought the professional version, I dont like nor appreciate being forced to see advertisement about a product I already have purchased.
    04-20-12 10:56 PM
    will this app let me download pdf and office format files from websites and open them after saving to PB? Also does anyone know of a way when you downloading a file, say a bank statement, to name it what you want before it downloads? I normally have to use whatever the default is and then use a file manager to rename and try to change the file extension.
    04-21-12 10:41 PM
    The best feature of this app is that it allows you to save docs back to Dropbox. No manual uploading required after editing a doc. All other apps I have tried save edits to the PlayBook and not back to their original Dropbox location.

Problem is.....

Dropbox is only working on wifi. When tethered to my BB 9900 3G connection, I get nothing when I try to browse my Dropbox folders. Just says "No Network". I am on Telus. Anyone else experiencing this? Picsel says they cannot reproduce the error.
    04-24-12 12:11 AM
    i've not seen this functionality in any android pdf reader.
    This is an Android PDF Reader :P Ported to Playbook.

The one thing I'm really missing from the Android version is that wireless printing. It works so much better than HP's printer app.
    04-24-12 06:37 AM
    Does anyone know if this app works over Bridge????

Opening and editing files that are on my phone is what I'm most interested in...

Regards!!!!
    05-07-12 09:15 AM
    Does anyone know if this app works over Bridge????

Opening and editing files that are on my phone is what I'm most interested in...

Regards!!!!
    Admittedly, only a *quick* look around some of the options - I did not find any access to the bbphone.

You could use some of the file manager apps to move/copy such a file to your pb, work on it there and move it back.
    FrancoDN likes this.
    05-07-12 10:36 AM
    This is a great and amazing app i bought it and it will help me a lot!
    05-07-12 09:54 PM
    I do like this app, but sadly, I came across a pdf document that it will not open - a Brady Game Guide that is 380 pages and roughly 5 megs in size. I receive an error message saying the pdf document is unable to be opened which as an aside doesn't exactly tell you anything. This file opens in the regular Adobe pdf viewer just fine. I'm hoping that Picsel releases an update to tweak this app further than what it already is - maybe this will rectify this error message.
    05-08-12 12:17 AM
    I just bought this App today for .99 cents. Picsel is having a May Mayhem sale. I haven't seen it mentioned. So heads up to those who were holding out.
    patpatiar likes this.
    05-08-12 04:46 PM
    best 0.75 usd spent for office app
    05-09-12 05:01 AM
    I purchased Smart Office 2 when it first hit appworld and paid full freight for a crappy Android port. The DropBox integration only works on wifi. When tethered to my BlackBerry 3G connection, it just says "No Network". Picsel doesn't seem too interested in the issue either. They say they can't reproduce the error, but they are testing it on a Nokia??? Seriously??? I didn't know that Nokia made BlackBerries.....

If I had only paid $0.99 for it I suppose I would be a bit less disappointed, but for $10, I was expecting an app that actually worked....
    05-09-12 11:52 AM
    I feel your pain. I've spent more than a couple bucks on crappy apps. but I've also got great deals on some stellar apps, so I figuar there is balance in the app world.

I purchased Smart Office 2 when it first hit appworld and paid full freight for a crappy Android port. The DropBox integration only works on wifi. When tethered to my BlackBerry 3G connection, it just says "No Network". Picsel doesn't seem too interested in the issue either. They say they can't reproduce the error, but they are testing it on a Nokia??? Seriously??? I didn't know that Nokia made BlackBerries.....

If I had only paid $0.99 for it I suppose I would be a bit less disappointed, but for $10, I was expecting an app that actually worked....

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    05-09-12 02:39 PM
    Got mine for .99 wow. Looks like a slick app.
    05-10-12 04:24 PM
    Is it $0.99 or $4.99? Appworld says $4.99 but the app description says $0.99.
    05-10-12 08:06 PM
    most probably $0.99 sale has ended. now that it is $4.99, it will probably be back to $9.99 soon.
    05-10-12 09:50 PM
    So my buddy, who is obviously a bit smarter than me, made a brilliant suggestion to me that eases the pain I feel having spent $10 on this app to find out that it only works on wifi.... use the mobile hotspot feature of OS 7.1 on my Bold 9900 rather than bluetooth tether. It works. When connecting this way when I am out of wifi, the Dropbox integration works fine. Sure it is a PITA to have to turn on the mobile hotspot, but at least now I can use SmartOffice 2 while on the go, which was the whole reason I purchased it. Still hoping that they one day make it work on a tethered connection, but not holding out for that.
    05-10-12 11:53 PM
    Is it $0.99 or $4.99? Appworld says $4.99 but the app description says $0.99.
    Click to purchase it to see what the price is they want to charge you and decide if you want to confirm the purchase or not. Hopefully still .99 good luck.
    05-11-12 12:13 AM
    Watch out for another exciting promotion this weekend on Smart Office 2...
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    06-08-12 06:29 AM
91 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD