Hey guys, my name is Agop Shirinian. I go by the alias nullsquared, and, being a PlayBook owner, I've been lurking these forums for a while... I finally decided to register so I can tell you about my app!

Phyzicle - the 2D physics sandbox that can bring your imaginations to life! Use a variety of shapes, constraints, and even FLUIDS to build amazing contraptions! Instantly share your creations with friends and check out what others have made!

App World ($1.99): Buy Phyzicle Sandbox - Download Phyzicle Sandbox - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Phyzicle
    Twitter: Phyzicle Sandbox (@PhyzicleSandbox) on Twitter

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B5Z95C6td4[/YT]

Simulation:
    - Infinite undo/redo
    - Multiple snapping options including snap-to-grid and snap-to-object-center
    - Tilt-based (accelerometer) gravity, zero gravity, and normal gravity
    - Complete customization of all objects, including bounciness, friction, density, collision groups, color, and more
    - On-screen action buttons to control motors and thrusters
    - Save, load, and upload your creations, and download others creations

Fluids:
    - Complete interaction with rigid bodies - floating, sinking, pushing, and more
    - Multiple mixable colors

Shapes: squares, rectangles, circles, gears, free-form convex/concave shapes

Constraints: springs, rods, welding, pins (free or motorized), thrusters, sliders

Phyzicle includes a comprehensive guide, multiple tutorials, and more!

Found a bug? Want to request a feature? Have something to tell us? Visit the Contact section in the guide! Were committed to our players and will do our best to fix every bug, implement every feature, and reply to all feedback!

With a multitude of features and such loyal developers, Phyzicle is THE physics sandbox you want to be playing on your PlayBook!

What do you guys think? Let me know!
    05-14-12 11:32 AM
    Seems pretty cool... I'll check it out.
    nullsquared likes this.
    05-14-12 11:49 AM
    Looks very interesting. I'll be sure to check it out as well.

Thanks!
    nullsquared likes this.
    05-14-12 11:51 AM
    Just downloaded, looks very interesting!
    nullsquared likes this.
    05-14-12 12:07 PM
    Thanks for the support guys! If you have any bug reports, feature requests, etc. just post them in here, or better yet, open the guide and go to the Contact section
    05-14-12 12:25 PM
    Ill give this a shot right now
    nullsquared likes this.
    05-14-12 06:51 PM
    Ios/android FREE to play why isn't there a free to play on playbook?

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk
    05-14-12 07:38 PM
    This is awesomely addictive to play around with. I do have one question:

When uploading your levels to share, can you only go with the auto generated keyword? I just created a lunar lander and could not see any way to enter my own keyword?

The lunar lander is uploaded under the keyword 'ship', it has four controls:

A = rotate left thruster
    B = rotate right thruster
    C = lifting thrusters
    D = braking thruster

Anyone else created anything cool?

Russ.
    Last edited by russnash; 05-14-12 at 08:07 PM.
    nullsquared likes this.
    05-14-12 08:02 PM
    Ios/android FREE to play why isn't there a free to play on playbook?
    I'm using Marmalade SDK which doesn't support in-app purchases for PlayBook (yet) - which means I couldn't use the same freemium model as the iOS/Android versions. I'm sorry! I'm looking at the possibility of making a free/lite version of Phyzicle for PlayBook.

This is awesomely addictive to play around with. I do have one question:

When uploading your levels to share, can you only go with the auto generated keyword? I just created a lunar lander and could not see any way to enter my own keyword?
    The keyword is automatically generated for quick sharing and to avoid need for filtering user-generated keywords, which was especially important on PlayBook and iOS. Locally saved levels can be named anything, however.

The lunar lander is uploaded under the keyword 'ship', it has four controls:

A = rotate left thruster
    B = rotate right thruster
    C = lifting thrusters
    D = braking thruster

Anyone else created anything cool?

Russ.
    I came across this earlier, it's really cool! Two of my own favorites are keywords "pin" and "game", check them out!
    05-14-12 09:13 PM
    Thanks for supporting the Playbook. I hope your app sells well on the Playbook.
    nullsquared likes this.
    05-14-12 11:05 PM
    So, I've been playing around with this pretty much non stop since last night and have thinking about some ideas for future versions:

Allow the A, B, C & D controls to be incorporated as more than just user controlled buttons. For example, I was messing around building a simulation of a piston engine. Basically, the piston is allowed to move freely inside its 2D piston chamber and is connected via a piston rod to the outer rim of a cog below it, essentially a 2D crankshaft. This crankshaft cog drives other cogs to simulate a load for the engine. To simulate the burn of fuel pressing down on the top of the piston, I attached a rocket to it to thrust downwards when activated by the A button. Running the engine requires the A button to be activated by the user each time the piston reaches the top of the cylinder. This got me thinking that the buttons could be incorporated into the app so that they could be triggered by objects either physically pressing them or passing over them. This could be done as either a momentary action (the button is only activated while in contact with an object) or on a toggle action (contact with an object turns the button on while contact somewhere else with another trigger turns the button off). To put the toggle action into perspective with my piston engine, a trigger at the top of the pistons travel would turn A on and another trigger at the bottom of the pistons travel would turn A off.

I've also noticed that in some extreme scenarios that objects can pass through or get stuck into each other, usually when excessive force and/or speed is applied. Liquids also seem to leak through joins in containers sometimes too, even if they overlap.

Russ.
    Last edited by russnash; 05-15-12 at 09:37 AM.
    nullsquared likes this.
    05-15-12 09:33 AM
    I love this app, great job guys.
    nullsquared likes this.
    05-15-12 10:02 AM
    So, I've been playing around with this pretty much non stop since last night and have thinking about some ideas for future versions:

Allow the A, B, C & D controls to be incorporated as more than just user controlled buttons. For example, I was messing around building a simulation of a piston engine. Basically, the piston is allowed to move freely inside its 2D piston chamber and is connected via a piston rod to the outer rim of a cog below it, essentially a 2D crankshaft. This crankshaft cog drives other cogs to simulate a load for the engine. To simulate the burn of fuel pressing down on the top of the piston, I attached a rocket to it to thrust downwards when activated by the A button. Running the engine requires the A button to be activated by the user each time the piston reaches the top of the cylinder. This got me thinking that the buttons could be incorporated into the app so that they could be triggered by objects either physically pressing them or passing over them. This could be done as either a momentary action (the button is only activated while in contact with an object) or on a toggle action (contact with an object turns the button on while contact somewhere else with another trigger turns the button off). To put the toggle action into perspective with my piston engine, a trigger at the top of the pistons travel would turn A on and another trigger at the bottom of the pistons travel would turn A off.

I've also noticed that in some extreme scenarios that objects can pass through or get stuck into each other, usually when excessive force and/or speed is applied. Liquids also seem to leak through joins in containers sometimes too, even if they overlap.

Russ.
    Thanks for the feedback! Your request is actually very interesting. I could implement shape-based buttons in addition to the UI action buttons, such that when a shape is in contact with another shape, it's like pressing the action button!
    playbookster and russnash like this.
    05-15-12 10:16 AM
    This is really neat app. In half an hour of screwing around I've built a little truck and a centrifuge. That lander is really impressive!

It's going to take me a while to come up with something worth sharing
    russnash and nullsquared like this.
    05-16-12 04:18 PM
    Addicted! Just bought it an hour ago and haven't put my Playbook down!
    nullsquared and russnash like this.
    05-17-12 10:56 PM
    I was also thinking that a user account system might be a good idea for Phyzicle, users could register with their email address and perhaps include some comments / instructions when uploading their creations?

Russ.
    nullsquared likes this.
    05-18-12 10:20 AM
    I thought about creating a user account system, but my main concern was over-complicating the upload/download process. I wanted people to be able to create something cool and instantly share it with their friends, without having to enter their email address, etc.

On a related note, I'm considering creating a web-based area where people can comment on levels, upload funky screenshots, and similar. This would be very important once a lot of people start uploading levels daily - the built-in level browser will need an update
    playbookster and yoshipro101 like this.
    05-20-12 07:11 PM
    Hey everyone, Phyzicle is currently a featured game in the App World's "Games" tab!

I just wanna thank everyone for trying it out and providing such useful feedback
    russnash likes this.
    05-25-12 09:11 PM
    Hey everyone, Phyzicle is currently a featured game in the App World's "Games" tab!

I just wanna thank everyone for trying it out and providing such useful feedback
    congrats on having it featured. You deserve the sales
    nullsquared likes this.
    05-26-12 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD