I have copied photos from my pc to my pb. When I go into the default Picture App, I can view them, but the photo does not take up the entire screen. To make the photo "fit" the entire screen, I have to use my fingers to magnify the image. Is there a setting in the Picture App that will automatically magnify the photo to the screen size. (BTW: my photos are 2048x1368)

Is there another Photo App Viewer for the PB ?
    Last edited by blackberrystorm1234; 12-29-11 at 10:39 PM.
    12-29-11 10:37 PM
    I would guess that the aspect ratio of the photo would affect how it displays on the pb. Some cameras take "wide screen" or hd photos while others produce more standard pictures.

Search appworld. There are some album creators and such.
    12-29-11 10:52 PM
    Is there a setting in the Picture App that will automatically magnify the photo to the screen size. (BTW: my photos are 2048x1368)
    Your photos are 4:3 aspect ratio. The screen is 16:9. What I think you are asking for is a way to magnify it beyond the screen size, which is not a feature of the built-in photo viewer app. This would result in chopping off the top and bottom of your photo, which may or may not yield good results unless you frame your shots with lots of headroom/legroom
    Still, this could be a useful feature. Doubly so since the Playbook allows you to natively shoot 4:3 images. You should suggest it to RIM for a future release:

BlackBerry PlayBook
    12-30-11 01:34 AM
    Not sure, but sounds like you just want to crop to the 16:9 ratio.
    Try the EasyCrop app. Most viewer apps will assume you don't want to crop.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-30-11 at 06:53 AM.
    12-30-11 06:39 AM
    It really sucks that the PictureApp does not have a way to automatically recrop to 16x9. I have hundreds of photos and I do not like the idea of having to recrop them and re-copy them to the PB. This would entail too much work as I have photos sorted in different folders and I would probably need a Windows 7 app that can traverse folders and create new 16x9 images.
    01-01-12 11:59 PM
    I guess the reasoning behind that is that the app has no way of knowing what is important to you and what isn't to crop out - it should be a user judgement.
    do you know of viewers on other platforms that decide for you how you want it cropped?
    FF22 likes this.
    01-02-12 01:58 AM
    I have to agree with Blackjack. How can a program decide my aesthetic interests in photo cropping. This discussion is somewhat timely since I was looking over my photos on the pb on Saturday. I used the zoom and slide to alter the center, moving the normal central image up/down/left and right and could really change the impact of the picture.

I don't think a computer algorithm can replace ME in such decisions.
    01-02-12 09:15 AM