You'd think this would be easy. Looking for a slideshow app that will simply run a slideshow of all of the photos in a directory, in order of creation time. I'm shooting with two camera bodies (and sometimes a second shooter aka the queenofthenerds) so alphabetical order doesn't work.

That rules out the native playbook photo app since it offers no sort options at all

By the description I thought Screeny would do this but even if I turn the random show option off and stop and restart the show it just seems to pick the starting point of the show randomly.

Files+Folders has a slideshow mode but although it offers sort by creation date this does not actually seem to work, the sort mode doesn't sort or does so so slowly that it might as well not.

I didn't try Liquid photo but I didn't want to throw more money at the problem at this point. If you have this app and know that it will do what I need please reply.

The search goes on.
    05-29-12 02:28 PM
    You can use the program "Files & Folders". I can't remember but it costs between $1.99 -$3.99. You even use the BlackBerry Bridge in presenter mode to scroll the pictures using your phone. See attachments

Flacko
    05-29-12 03:35 PM
    I forgot to mention the program may lag for a few seconds if you are trying to scroll quickly through a directory full of large bitmap files.

Flacko
    Eric Desfonds likes this.
    05-29-12 03:40 PM
    Try the Photo Frame Pro app
    05-29-12 04:18 PM
    Liquid Photo will work but you need to select the photos to display out of your camera folder. It has settings for time between frames etc. So not everything you want as you need to select the folders or use All Photos. I will check on a few Android apps if you are not opposed to side loading?
    05-29-12 04:26 PM
    App called slidemaker works great!
    05-29-12 08:59 PM
    TBH, I was actually contemplating making something like this, earlier tonight...

I actually, eventually, want to be able to do this using BB10/PlayBook.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnxvFYza6Y4[/YT]

I'm trying to get RIM to support it, but doing it apparently opens a whole can of security worms.
    05-29-12 10:16 PM
    Files+Folders has a slideshow mode but although it offers sort by creation date this does not actually seem to work, the sort mode doesn't sort or does so so slowly that it might as well not.
    Files & Folders sorts by creation date of the file. It does not read the "picture taken" EXIF information embedded in the photo. If you have thousands of pictures in 1 folder/album, a general-purpose tool like F&F may not be your best option.
    05-30-12 03:32 AM
    What about one of these? Latest 15 Photo & Video Apps For Your BlackBerry PlayBook
    Last edited by GregD31; 05-30-12 at 05:45 AM.
    05-30-12 05:42 AM
    For files and folders I tried the sort by creation date again and it works well. I don't see any lag issues with the sort. I went on to try all the different sort options one at a time and started the sideshow after each selection and found it played in order based on my sort selection. Wouldn't be the first time something works for one user and not another.

Flacko
    Innovatology likes this.
    05-30-12 01:47 PM
    Have you tried luko Frame? It has a free 3-day trial for and is only $1 to purchase. Pretty sure it does what you're looking for (adding all files in a directory to a slideshow playlist) and has some other nice features.

My single complaint is that there is only one transition between photos but I can live with that.

Edit: it has options to sort your slideshow playlist by: added (which I assume is the creation time), folder name, file name or shuffle.
    Last edited by NinjaBread; 05-30-12 at 06:28 PM.
    05-30-12 06:25 PM
    Is there anything with NO TRANSITION and the ability to set the rate below a second? The idea would be to create an animation from a series of images in a given folder. Files and Folders goes no lower than 5 seconds and does a transition.
    05-30-12 07:44 PM
    Files & Folders sorts by creation date of the file.
    This does not work for me, when I attempt to sort by creation date of the file some of the files move in the list but the result is not a complete sort of the directory in created order.

First is the sorting, note that the files are in alphabetical order

IMG_00000065 by kingofthenerds, on Flickr

Then the result, note that photos 2 through 5 and 11 are now completely in the wrong order, there should also be a bunch of files with names starting with IMG_6 mixed in here

IMG_00000066 by kingofthenerds, on Flickr
    FWIW I'm using the trial mode
    Last edited by kingofthenerds; 06-01-12 at 12:49 PM.
    05-31-12 02:01 PM
    You can try Stuff file manager to first make a folder as you wish, sort the images by date. If you next tap the first image kt will launch the native photo viewer. If you than tap the playbutton it will run the native sideshow with no transitions
    05-31-12 03:54 PM
    I'm throwing something together now that might work for you. I'll let you know as soon as I can.
    06-01-12 12:00 AM
    App called slidemaker works great!
    For a free app it does look good and I wold use it to do a smaller/fancier show but having to add each file one at a time just wont do it, especially using the native Picture app file selector that doesn't know from folders
    06-01-12 01:33 PM
    Have you tried luko Frame? It has a free 3-day trial for and is only $1 to purchase. Pretty sure it does what you're looking for (adding all files in a directory to a slideshow playlist) and has some other nice features.

My single complaint is that there is only one transition between photos but I can live with that.

Edit: it has options to sort your slideshow playlist by: added (which I assume is the creation time), folder name, file name or shuffle.
    This one is very close and can be made to work, your assumption is incorrect, sort by added really means by order added to playlist, so I can, with a little work create a playlist that has the order I want without having to go through a file select dialog one by one for each file.

I really dislike the one transition they provide though.
    06-01-12 01:42 PM
    This does not work for me, when I attempt to sort by creation date of the file some of the files move in the list but the result is not a complete sort of the directory in created order.
    The right-hand column in the file list is the modification date, not the creation date of the file. Files may be modified if you rotate, resize, crop, adjust them. Could that be the cause?
    06-02-12 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD