Hi all

I was considering buying the Phone Remote for PB app today so that I can access things on my phone such as sms messages. There are quite a few negative reviews from people on App world who have said it doesn't work with their phone, so I was wondering if I could get the Crackberry community opinion.

Is it worth it?
    Does it actually work?
    Can you send sms from your PB using the app
    Are there any other alternatives?

The reason I'm wanting it is my Pearl 3G is sufferring from "double tapping" keys, where I press one key and it jumps 2 or 3 other keys. So when I am typing a sms and want to enter the letter A, it will jump through a, b, c, and stop on 2. I have searched the Pearl forums on Crackberry and apparently this is a common problem with this type of handset.

As I'm using the PB for most of my daily activities, I thought this app might mean that I only need to use my Pearl for calls.

Ideas, suggestions and opinions welcome!
    08-13-11 12:40 PM
    it works but you need to be in the same WIFI.
    08-14-11 02:53 AM
    it works. yu need to be on same wifi ssid nd chanel. a bit slow. yes u can send sms from pb. i have access to all my apps. i dont regret the buy.all good. a bit sluggish tho.
    08-14-11 07:44 AM
    Its too sluggish for me. Its one of the buys I would take back if I could.
    08-14-11 10:00 AM
    Has this app improved at all?
    More importantly can you use BBM groups with this app?
    01-26-12 08:57 PM
    Still slow. I would recommend waiting until the app is finished the alpha stage.
    03-02-12 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD