I reached for my Playbook just after lunch today and swiped to bring it out of Standby. Imagine my surprise when I noticed a new app entitled Minecraft News on the home screen. I tapped it to open and noted from the introductory "Initialising please wait" that it was an Android app. Now I have sideloaded a number of Android apps from Good E-Reader including Kindle, ESPN Goals and Wikipedia. But I most certainly did not sideload this particular app - in fact I cannot find it anywhere on Good E-Reader's list of Android apps for the Playbook. So how did it get on to my Playbook? It seems to be related to a game called Minecraft which I have never heard of and is probably the last thing I would go to the trouble of sideloading to my PB. Anyone out there have any idea what this is all about?
    04-03-12 01:33 PM
    Minecraft News is not a sideloaded app but rather is available for download in App World. Maybe you accidentally installed it without even knowing it.
    Willard814 likes this.
    04-03-12 01:54 PM
    You never heard of Minecraft?
    04-03-12 01:55 PM
    You never heard of Minecraft?
    What? I never bothered to look it up either...I keep hearing about it, but I have no interest in it...maybe the OP is the same way.
    04-03-12 02:03 PM
    Yes, I realised after posting that it might be a "native" Android application and a quick check of the App. Store confirmed it. But I'm still convinced I didn't download it from the Store. Anyway, I'll simply delete it.
    04-03-12 02:14 PM
    Is there a MineCraft app for PB? My kids love that game.
    04-03-12 02:32 PM
    You know.. I'm sure I had this a couple weeks ago myself. I too was wondering where the heck it came from. Possibly installed along with another app?
    04-04-12 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD