Why do I keep thinking of it as a business opportunity?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 07:25 PM
    Why do I keep thinking of it as a business opportunity?

I agree... but it's hard for developers to make compelling apps when they have limited dev tools. Yes, the NDK is available in a very limited beta, however there is no UI framework as of yet. Developing an app other than a game, for example a Docs2Go competitor, would be very hard to do. Any app that requires buttons, text fields, drop-down menus, etc would be tough to make.
    08-30-11 07:52 PM
    A dev make their own UI utilizing the POSIX libraries?! Never! lol UI can be done.

08-30-11 09:54 PM
    Once the NDK is available, it will be pretty easy to port the Qt framework over to the PlayBook. This should solve the problem nicely. The new QPA (lighthouse) infrastructure in Qt 4.8 makes it easy to port Qt to any windowing system, and even comes with example plugins that directly work with OpenGL ES. (So all the hard work is already done, and screen/event integration is all that's going to be needed.)
    08-31-11 03:43 PM
    There have been *some* good ones though. Not my specialty so I can't really comment, and I don't know what app sales are like to know if it's even worth it, but without any doubt biz opps are there. Arguably there are more at Snapple, but some or another firm will establish a rep as THE Playbook dev and they should make some good bank. If you've got the skills, I'd get right to it.

There are some very simple ideas that would be big winners, I think. Not a lot of processing, more content oriented--and thus, little to no support worries either.

Again, what there is now is pathetic. That business hunch you are sensing is what it's all about my friend.

Follow it.
    08-31-11 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD