It seems like things are moving fast in the world of apps and I just wanted to get a quick answer in case my previous searching missed something.

I'd like to be able to read AND annotate (and search?) PDFs.

From what I've read/searched on the forums, I've only been able to find one option (free or paid at that) which is RepligoReader via installing the beta 2.0.

Is this true or are there any other options (on the official or beta OS)?

Thanks!
    11-29-11 04:36 AM
    afaik, that's the only available solution
    11-29-11 04:44 AM
    Repligo is the most feature-complete PDF reader available.
    11-29-11 06:26 AM
    Repligo is the most feature-complete PDF reader available.
    but it's a tad too slow to my liking... I wish goodreader could be ported to the playbook
    11-29-11 08:03 AM
    I don't think that has anything to do with the program itself. At least with the (very large) PDFs I work with, nothing is fast. Also, I previously tried an Asus Transformer 101 and found the same performance. So it's not the Android Player imposing some performance penalty. I just don't think the hardware is up to complicated PDFs. Yet. Apple may be doing something different optimization-wise on their platform.
    11-29-11 05:16 PM
    Jotsy is also coming. It's a HTML5 based PDF annotator. It was demo'ed at DevCon and should be coming soon....
    11-29-11 07:10 PM
    I don't think that has anything to do with the program itself. At least with the (very large) PDFs I work with, nothing is fast. Also, I previously tried an Asus Transformer 101 and found the same performance. So it's not the Android Player imposing some performance penalty. I just don't think the hardware is up to complicated PDFs. Yet. Apple may be doing something different optimization-wise on their platform.
    are you sure it's the hardware and not the software?
    11-30-11 12:27 AM
    Jotsy is also coming. It's a HTML5 based PDF annotator. It was demo'ed at DevCon and should be coming soon....
    I wish they are not instructed to wait for he official 2.0 release.. in their website, they promised end-of-year launch
    11-30-11 12:35 AM
    same problem. There is the foxit one for android, but again with the 2.0 =/
    11-30-11 02:31 AM
    I don't want to sound like I'm trolling, but it's one of the things that I've been waiting for since the first Playbook, and it's something Playbook is lacking to this day. Otherwise I'm very happy with my purchase
    marksasongko likes this.
    11-30-11 02:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD