It would be great if you could open multiple instances of the Adobe Reader.

Then you could have multiple pdf files open and not have to scroll through the list of files stored on the PB every time you wanted to switch between files.

Plus a search feature is desperately needed.
    06-13-11 10:20 AM
    I have several PDF files from different sources which do not display properly on BB Playbook at all. Pages are blank. All these files work perfectly fine on other platforms like Windows, Mac or even BB Torch 9800 using a full version of Documents to Go. I got an e-mail from RIM confirming this problem with some PDF files which apparently might be missing some "tags" and consequently Adobe Reader for Playbook can not display them correctly. They claim that the problem will be addressed "in the future" but ETA is unknown. So far I am a really angry owner of a $600 paper weight as there is no workaround for this issue. RIM provided Adobe PDF Reader is the only PDF reader available for Playbook.
    07-03-11 12:05 AM
    One of the MAIN reasons I got the PB was to read .pdf magazine files and most importantly, to be able to open documents from my work. I need to be able to see purchase offers!! (I'm a real estate agent and that's how we email things back and forth to clients) guess what....they don't work since the last OS update. A few pages and the Adobe app crashes and closes.
    I'm pretty forgiving of RIM...for the most part....but this isn't business tablet friendly.
    07-03-11 08:51 AM
    Have you tried rebooting your PB?
    07-03-11 11:13 AM
    Is there anyway to view pdfs without having to save them to adobe reader first?
    MoonLeopard and MoonLeopard like this.
    07-30-11 01:39 PM
    The reader that comes with the Playbook is unable to open .pdf's that a basic i-pod can...
    ...If you've got a playbook direct it to the following URL and see what happens.

PlanMaryland

This issue is described in several threads below this one.
    07-30-11 01:45 PM
    ATleast most people were able to read the file, on my playbook, adobe identify 2 files I had but when I tried to open it said invalid path??????? How in the world I open these files
    12-18-11 12:35 PM
    ATleast most people were able to read the file, on my playbook, adobe identify 2 files I had but when I tried to open it said invalid path??????? How in the world I open these files
    You might try moving them somewhere else or if they have a strange name or possibly strange characters in their name, rename them.
    12-18-11 01:01 PM
    I have a normal name files, I even tried to copy 1 file with simple name as 1.pdf and have only 1 page. Adobe picked right out the location but when I tried to open it said invalid path.
    12-19-11 07:01 AM
    yep, I've got a bunch of RPG books in PDF format (all legally purchased that way I might add) some of them pull up just fine, but most don't work right at all, the biggest one (460 pages) is actually the one that works the best. and the newer ones are some of the worst.

I think it has a lot to do with what version of acrobat they're made for.
    12-21-11 04:04 PM
    My company is researching a PDF solution for board meetings to reduce paper consumption. We have been looking at the Ipda 2 because of goodreader. Does the playbook have an app that is similar? I would prefer to support Blabckerry over Al=pple but the function has to be there first. Any comments welcome.
    the function your company should invest in is a spell checker.
    12-21-11 05:17 PM
    the function your company should invest in is a spell checker.
    Rim should have given us one!
    12-21-11 05:23 PM
    Rim should have given us one!
    hahahaha so true!

I had no luck while looking for a pdf reader replacement. did anybody else find any?
    01-07-12 08:04 PM
    Hello folks,

Just signed up to post this, I have found a solution to white page problem. I'll be updating that post with more specific instructions in the future if you don't know how to do that.
    Sorry it's not a very elegant post.

Playbook pdf white page problem

Cheers

Ferzan
    01-17-12 11:00 AM
    I read that there is only one type of .pdf file thinking they all should work but im getting quite a few that wont open.. path or what ever.. but i also read that a pdf file can have 2? diff types of encryption or something ? could this be why some work perfect and others dont ?
    01-17-12 11:05 AM
    Sideload RepliGo Reader...it's better than GoodReader!

1. Download the DDPB installer program and install it (google it)
    2. Download the RepliGo .BAR file (google it)
    3. Open the DDPB program
    4. Connect your PlayBook to computer
    5. Select the RepliGo .BAR file, click install

You should see a new red PDF icon on your PlayBook...it's a GREAT PDF reader/searcher/highlighter/bookmarker..etc..!
    02-26-12 12:07 AM
    Sideload RepliGo Reader...it's better than GoodReader!

1. Download the DDPB installer program and install it (google it)
    2. Download the RepliGo .BAR file (google it)
    3. Open the DDPB program
    4. Connect your PlayBook to computer
    5. Select the RepliGo .BAR file, click install

You should see a new red PDF icon on your PlayBook...it's a GREAT PDF reader/searcher/highlighter/bookmarker..etc..!
    I'll have to try this when i get home. Sucks cause i have an event to go to tonight which they sent me pdf tickets and the adobe reader can't even find it on the playbook. The file manager i'm using recognizes it but gives it a question mark and shows it as unsupported...hopefully i can get in with the email confirmation.
    03-01-12 10:10 PM
    Hey, managed to get the file installed without any hassle, however it looks like it's stuck searching the file structure for the android SDK for the Playbook. I'm still looking through all the folders the app has access too, but I don't think it can properly map to where the local documents are saved. Any help/suggestions?
    03-05-12 08:12 AM
    Hey, managed to get the file installed without any hassle, however it looks like it's stuck searching the file structure for the android SDK for the Playbook. I'm still looking through all the folders the app has access too, but I don't think it can properly map to where the local documents are saved. Any help/suggestions?
    I have the same issue, I can't browse to where my pdfs are. But you can do it in another way: you have to use another Android browser like ES file Explorer, browse to the pdf file you want to read, open it, then you can select to use the Adobe reader or the RepliGo reader. When you have opened it once it will appear in the recent file list of RepliGO.
    03-05-12 01:10 PM
    I have the same issue, I can't browse to where my pdfs are. But you can do it in another way: you have to use another Android browser like ES file Explorer, browse to the pdf file you want to read, open it, then you can select to use the Adobe reader or the RepliGo reader. When you have opened it once it will appear in the recent file list of RepliGO.
    After I posted, I ran some errands and was subway train-bound. During then, I found where to go:

/accounts/1000/shared/documents

the /1000/ may differ but that's the general direction to look for them. This also assumes you properly uploaded your content into the Playbook's default "Documents" folder and didn't do anything particular/unique.

Since then, it's handled PDFs far better overall (the search functionality for a properly coded PDF is amazing) than the native Adobe Reader application!
    03-05-12 02:19 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD