The screenshots look nice I take by some of the icons that you are considering updating the current icon set (or was it just for the quick sketch?). Also made a small sketch.

Playing with the column height sounds like a good idea (also how do you feel about the height of the folder tree menu columns?)... I somewhat feel the height in Adobe reader would be better suited. You could also increase the recent file list size... And maybe change the files position in the list according to access time (but if you do it move the file to the top when it's as soon as it's opened... Docs to Go only does it after a file is closed and I can't tell you how many times this has made me open a wrong file).

Besides the "Recent file" have you ever thought about a "Favorite" / "Currently reading" section?

I think the toggle behaviour would work fine (maintaining the current "open" behaviour).

Point 3 of the Search section is not dire... especially if I add another point:
    5- When searching assume a common char also refers to the uncommon chars (like the letter "a" would also refer to "�", "�", "�", "�"... e.g. searching for "Joao" would also find "Jo�o"... web search engines do this).
    Last edited by joaosousa; 02-28-13 at 05:56 PM.
    02-28-13 05:17 PM
    PDF Reader for the playbook is great! scrolling between pages is as smooth and fast as the desktop adobe reader, great job. But this app needs badly the ability to highlight and underline text in different colors and adding notes, its a basic feature for a good pdf reader.
    Last edited by Blackman91; 03-14-13 at 09:03 PM.
    03-14-13 07:29 PM
    PDF Reader for the playbook is great! scrolling between pages is as smooth and fast as the desktop adobe reader, great job. But this app needs badly the ability to highlight text in different colors and adding notes, its a basic feature for a good pdf reader.
    Just to piggyback on Blackman91... any chance for some stylus-enhanced functionality, like being able to hand-write on PDF's, or even basic stuff, like circling and underlining in different colors? I realize this would be a major upgrade, but please consider looking into it. Pairing up this fantastic pdf reader with handwriting functionality could make all sorts of "paperless office" sense to a lot of people.
    03-14-13 08:18 PM
    I am diligently working on a new release with high hopes of submitting for review tomorrow. I also have a few volunteers to test on BB10 so hopefully that release will come soon as well.
    In the next release we will have threaded searching, an option to change the PDF's background color for easier reading and some support for 3 types of annotations. I will continue to work on more annotations and at least basic form support.

Nic
    Herve5 likes this.
    03-14-13 10:59 PM
    Awesome!! Cant wait! keep the good work.
    03-14-13 11:10 PM
    I might have to check this out as the adobe reader is good but not great.
    03-15-13 07:54 AM
    Great PDF Reader is one of the apps I use most, playbook is with pdf reader an ideal size and my choice over ipad when I have tech / course manuals to read

Regards

Damian
    03-15-13 12:22 PM
    Awesome app, just bought it. The ability of being able to highlight is definitely what I would like. Good to see that in the works

Keep up the great work Nic!
    Herve5 likes this.
    03-17-13 01:28 PM
    Looks like a very nice app and feedback has been great so far. Could someone let me know if you can swipe side to side to change pages, or can one only scroll up/down to get through a document? For written documents I guess this is livable, but for something like a slideshow presentation (in pdf format), that could get annoying.
    03-18-13 09:27 AM
    Could someone let me know if you can swipe side to side to change pages, or can one only scroll up/down to get through a document? For written documents I guess this is livable, but for something like a slideshow presentation (in pdf format), that could get annoying.
    Basically : yes.
    You have a continuous scroll mode that you need to disable first, and then you jump to next or previous page not exactly by scrolling but by clicking inside the slide in the rightmost or leftmost lower corner.
    Effect is the same; sliding in fact is used instead to scroll within a page, when you have zoomed in (by pinch)
    HTH
    03-18-13 12:12 PM
    Just bought the PDF Reader app for 75 pence and I am blown away how good it is.

just what I have been looking for.

Thanks for this fab app.
    Herve5 and chaosdivine like this.
    03-27-13 06:26 PM
    Are you planning for CHM file compatibility? Quite a few textbooks in my field (medicine) are in the chm format. Please consider adding this file type.
    04-04-13 09:59 PM
    Was reading a new book a few days back and the zoom function seemed to be really slow.

when I stopped my pinch and zoom, its like it continued for a few more seconds after I stopped.

suspect it might be the pdf file.

Sent from my Playbook
    04-10-13 05:04 PM
    when I stopped my pinch and zoom, its like it continued for a few more seconds after I stopped
    I think it's a figure that can be set, e. g. it'll pan until full screenwidth or something like this.
    Settings are quite detailed in fact, there are behaviors for "slideshow mode" distinct from "bookpage mode"...
    04-11-13 06:31 AM
    Hi, I read a lot of pdf books but have some light sensitivity issues with my eyes, thus the native white background is quite painful for me to use for any length of time. If you could update with the option to change the background colour to one of my choosing as mentioned in your previous post I would be exceedingly grateful
    04-12-13 01:22 PM
    Sometimes when I click the bottom right corner, it turns 5 pages instead of going to the next page.
    04-13-13 10:58 AM
    The app just got updated!!!! finally annotations support and they work perfectly!!! really nice job dev.
    Herve5 likes this.
    04-16-13 06:21 AM
    The app just got updated!!!! finally annotations support and they work perfectly!!! really nice job dev.
    Very good news!
    Got it here too (a bit later, in Europe).
    The optional side search list is very efficient, that was something missing indeed.
    Saving a 50-Mb pdf with an added annotation takes ~30s (there is a warning the first time )
    All in all, an excellent update.
    Last edited by Herve5; 04-16-13 at 07:10 AM.
    04-16-13 06:37 AM
    One of the things I love about this app is how customizable it is. Want the new sidebar search option? Great. Prefer the old way? A untick it in options and you're back to the old. Customizable preset zooms, scroll options etc. Just an AWESOME program and I don't say that about many!
    04-16-13 06:09 PM
    I ran into a problem updating this morning. I mean the update itself came down the pipe ok but it wouldn't open several of my PDF's after the update. I had to uninstall it and reinstall it once I rebooted for it to work once more properly with all PDF's. I emailed the app author and he was very quick to reply. There aren't many authors out there that reply as quickly as Sporadic Software. Everything works fine now though and once more, I am a happy camper. This is the best $0.99 you could possibly spend on the PlayBook. Collect pennies if you have to but just do it...
    FF22 and blueberrymerry like this.
    04-16-13 06:13 PM
    Thank you for the positive feedback! The next release will have ink annotations, ability to change the background color (some PDFs work better than others), and I may sneak in having 2 PDFs open at once (we'll start with 2 and see how the performance is).
    Herve5 likes this.
    04-17-13 03:08 PM
    I may sneak in having 2 PDFs open at once (we'll start with 2 and see how the performance is).
    That would be SWEEETTTT!! I actually keep a couple of PDF readers on my 1st screen so I can open more than one. Thanks again for the awesome updates!
    04-18-13 01:48 PM
    That would be SWEEETTTT!! I actually keep a couple of PDF readers on my 1st screen so I can open more than one. Thanks again for the awesome updates!
    How does this look for the UI?
    Attached Thumbnails PDF Reader?-img_00000029.jpg  
    rthonpm and AceRoom like this.
    04-18-13 02:36 PM
    Assuming that it's the "tabs" on the left that represent 2 different pdfs, that looks great!
    If that is 2 pdfs displayed side by side I'm not so excited. I think that would just leave things to small. Just being able to flip quickly back and forth between multiple pdf's is what would work for me.
    04-18-13 06:49 PM
    Assuming that it's the "tabs" on the left that represent 2 different pdfs, that looks great!
    If that is 2 pdfs displayed side by side I'm not so excited. I think that would just leave things to small. Just being able to flip quickly back and forth between multiple pdf's is what would work for me.
    It is the first. The text in the tabs is the name of the PDF for that tab. The tab bar is not visible when only one PDF is open.

Nic
    04-19-13 08:15 AM
200 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD