That's perfect! File name for tab title is ideal. No idea if it's possible, but if you can get more than 2, on the tab name if it was possible to have the name shrink so it shows the whole thing until it gets too small to be read, then cuts it off instead of shrinking it further would be perfect (only asking for the world ). This would be opposed to a set size that just cuts off the end of the file name if it doesn't all fit. Can't wait to try it out!
    04-19-13 09:36 AM
    I use RepliGo and love it.
    El Bori likes this.
    04-21-13 07:05 PM
    This is the only App I purchased for which I never regretted, its packed with so many features for a small price better than any competitor's. I was using those ported Andriod PDF readers but had regular issues of crashing and response time. And the best thing I like about it is a busy developer keeps pushing new features every now and then, that was more than expected. Keep up the good work.. Thank you
    04-23-13 06:10 AM
    I keep getting error 0007 when trying to download this app!
    04-23-13 08:08 AM
    Does this reader support text reflow, cant seem to find a native pdf reader that does it. Repligo does a great job at reflowing txt, but l would prefer a native app.
    04-24-13 03:13 AM
    Sporadic Software. I love the update, but I'm really disappointed with the copy paste function now. It's laggy, it doesn't select the text I want it to select. It can't continue selecting into the next page. Please do something about it Sporadic Software! I love your work.
    05-08-13 06:02 PM
    I am diligently working on a new release with high hopes of submitting for review tomorrow. I also have a few volunteers to test on BB10 so hopefully that release will come soon as well.
    In the next release we will...
    Any word on the release for BB10?
    05-09-13 02:44 PM
    Maybe I just didn't see this reported elsewhere, or maybe I'm just missing something obvious, but I seem to have run into a problem with the tap-and-hold functionality.
    -tap and hold to get the annotation toolbar to pop-up.
    -Lift your finger and then tap, swipe, or tap and hold.
    -toolbar disappears and pdf is 'locked' in that you can't navigate via swipes or do long-presses

This is on a Playbook, not a phone, if it matters.
    05-14-13 08:06 PM
    Is anyone else getting page thumbnails when they click on the left hand magnifying glass tab pull out or just white space with a close X which won't actually do anything? You can't actually click on anything in this area. I think mine is screwed up since the latest update...I will screenshot this once I get on my PC again.

I can't upload images on this D-A-M-N site now for some reason...I get JavaScript errors. I will upload my screenshots to a 3rd party and post URL's.

Last edited by chaosdivine; 05-15-13 at 02:20 PM.
    05-14-13 09:55 PM
    chaosdivine the first image you uploaded here corresponds to the search interface: you enter a search string in the top field (just by clicking on it and typing) then in the column below a list of all occurences appear (this may take a while if you ask for a common word in a very large doc, but earliest occurences do appear immediately). As far as I understand this list only contains the related pages (not a "word in context").

The second screen you shot is the list of pdfmarks, which is empty there and will remain until you add some. It will then indeed contain accurate icon images of the associated (marked) pages to which you can instantly jump.
    Last edited by Herve5; 05-16-13 at 03:39 AM.
    chaosdivine likes this.
    05-16-13 02:57 AM
    chaosdivine the first image you uploaded here corresponds to the search interface: you enter a search string in the top field (just by clicking on it and typing) then in the column below a list of all occurences appear (this may take a while if you ask for a common word in a very large doc, but earliest occurences do appear immediately). As far as I understand this list only contains the related pages (not a "word in context").

The second screen you shot is the list of pdfmarks, which is empty there and will remain until you add some. It will then indeed contain accurate icon images of the associated (marked) pages to which you can instantly jump.
    Thank you for your reply. Sorry, it's taken me some time to reply properly. I may simply be confused for some reason, but I swore you could see page thumbnails at one point in time. Is that not the case? If yes, how do you get them on screen? If not, I must be thinking of Adobe's reader on the PC and somehow figure it was on here too...
    05-17-13 12:37 PM
    Thank you for your reply. Sorry, it's taken me some time to reply properly. I may simply be confused for some reason, but I swore you could see page thumbnails at one point in time. Is that not the case? If yes, how do you get them on screen? If not, I must be thinking of Adobe's reader on the PC and somehow figure it was on here too...
    As far as I know thumbnails appear only for the marked pages.
    05-18-13 04:36 AM
    I found something interesting, today for the fist time pdf reader could not open one of my pdfs and the app prompted me to report the issue, then it asked me if i wanted to attach said pdf to the email and then the native email app opened with the pdf file already attached!!!!!! This is the first time I have seen a native app attach files to the native email, not even apps like files and folders can do that only android ports so I was very surprised. To the pdf reader dev: how is that possible? and would you consider adding the ability to your app to attach our pdfs to the native email app?

Btw the playbooks adobe reader opened that pdf just fine.
    05-19-13 03:00 AM
    .Pdf attaches fine to native emails from every app. What are you talking about?
    05-19-13 09:07 AM
    .Pdf attaches fine to native emails from every app. What are you talking about?
    Didnt know that, what other type of files can you attach from a native app to the native email?
    05-19-13 11:36 AM
    Using chaosdivine screenshots I take the chance to report a bug I noticed some time ago. To reproduce you:
    1- Press the "search" button.
    2- With the search results sidebar still showing press "Pdfmarks".
    3- The "Pdfmarks" list (grey background) usually covers the whole page but it will have shrunk by the size of the search sidebar (the empty space will be at the right hence why the current page shows in the background).

Have some suggestions for future improvements:
    1- Transform the annotation bubble into a toolbar

2- Intelligent toolbar
    2.1- If text is selected the topbar (which usually has the open, pdfmark, search...) will display the annotation tools
    2.2- If you slide downwards from the top of the screen it will display the usual menu (open, pdfmark, search...)

3- Remove the least icons from menu top bar ("previous page", zoom box, continuous scroll, day/night) to settings (?)
    3.1- Merge "TOC" and "Pdfmarks"
    3.1.1- Tab/button to toggle between "TOC" and "Pdfmarks" in the "Pdfmarks menu"
    3.1.2- Move "Add Pdfmark" to the "Pdfmark" menu (next to the import, export, delete...)

4- More annotation tools (straight lines, rectangles, circle).
    4.1- Add text notes (similar to the "text bubble" in RepliGo)
    4.2- Draw tool (to handwrite or draw using the finger or a stilus)

5- Change current annotation method:
    5.1- Lower press/hold time default value
    5.2- When you press and hold old over a word the whole word is selected
    5.3- Cursor markers show up at the beggining and end of the selection to more accurately select text (the same that allow you to select text to copy/cut/delete in PB apps such as "Docs to Go")
    5.4- When you press over an already highlighted segment a menu (or top bar if you decide to implement 1) pops to quickly allow to change color or delete a note

6- When a menu (like the "Pdfmarks") is toggled "ON" (icon/button press) all the others are toggled "OFF.
    6.1- This prevents having multiple menus open in the background.
    6.1.1- To understant what I mean press "Pdfmarks">"import" (don't select a file), then press "TOC"... Now go back to reading your doc

7- Implement the "Android swipe" feature (diagonal swipe from bottom frame to left frame).
    7.1- Close menus
    7.2- Exit from a pdf file back to the file browser

8- Option to remove "drawer button" from the search sidebar (all I need ith the "Search" icon...) to save space.
    8.1- Fix the "x" since it doesn't seem to work.

PS: Thanks for the awesome update! Hope this app remains PB compliant once it becomes a success on BBOS 10.
    Last edited by joaosousa; 05-30-13 at 03:53 PM.
    05-28-13 05:37 PM
    A text reflow feature would be awesome for frequent readers like me, also I noticed the app drains your battery faster than other pdf readers even when minimized.

http://www.ehow.com/info_12206498_text-reflow.html
    06-12-13 06:43 PM
    I found something interesting, today for the fist time pdf reader could not open one of my pdfs and the app prompted me to report the issue, then it asked me if i wanted to attach said pdf to the email and then the native email app opened with the pdf file already attached!!!!!! This is the first time I have seen a native app attach files to the native email, not even apps like files and folders can do that only android ports so I was very surprised. To the pdf reader dev: how is that possible? and would you consider adding the ability to your app to attach our pdfs to the native email app?

Btw the playbooks adobe reader opened that pdf just fine.
    In spite of what Ishaq says, I know exactly what you're talking about. I am/was unaware of any native app that could be used to attach a file to an email in "Messages", other than the stock (and lame) "File Browser". A number of android apps.have no problem doing this, including a number of sideloaded apps. I don't use the app, I use repligo reader- which, by the way, can be used to attach pdf's to emails in Messages and also supports reflow. I'd be curious to know of any native apps that can be used to send attachments to Messages. I'm assuming from your post that PDF Reader can'rt really be used for this purpose.
    06-12-13 10:37 PM
    PDF reader just got updated!!! the update adds support for ink annotations, background color change and now you can open two pdfs at once! awesome. Thanks for keeping supporting the playbook sporadic, pretty awesome update!
    09-06-13 12:38 PM
    In spite of what Ishaq says, I know exactly what you're talking about. I am/was unaware of any native app that could be used to attach a file to an email in "Messages", other than the stock (and lame) "File Browser". A number of android apps.have no problem doing this, including a number of sideloaded apps. I don't use the app, I use repligo reader- which, by the way, can be used to attach pdf's to emails in Messages and also supports reflow. I'd be curious to know of any native apps that can be used to send attachments to Messages. I'm assuming from your post that PDF Reader can'rt really be used for this purpose.
    PDF reader apparently CAN attach a pdf to the messages app:

This can be done only if the app cant open a pdf and it gives you the option to report it to the dev, then asks you if you want to attach said pdf, still didnt know native apps could do that, it would be awesome if the dev could implement this as a feature for the app.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-09-13 01:43 PM
    PDF reader updated!! some bug fixes
    03-17-14 03:26 PM
    You sir are an awesome dev! Thanks for continuing supporting this app on the Playbook!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-22-14 02:10 PM
    2.5.1 update just appeared on my PB. Thanks a lot to this dev!
    04-23-14 02:25 PM
    Hello,

I have PDF Reader on one of my PlayBooks but not the others. I'd like to purchase additional copies of the app but it isn't located in BB World any longer. I reached out to Nic at SporadicSoftware on gmail and Twitter but those accounts are likely abandoned. Is there any way I can obtain PDF Reader in 2020?

Thanks,
    Reg
    06-17-20 01:02 PM
    A text reflow feature would be awesome for frequent readers like me, also I noticed the app drains your battery faster than other pdf readers even when minimized.

http://www.ehow.com/info_12206498_lworktime_text-reflow.html
    Agree, I also noticed problems with battery
    11-05-20 09:52 AM
200 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD