Feature request: being able to scroll/turn 5 or 10 pages at a time, in addition to next/previous page. Maybe add two more touch sensitive areas for this faster scrolling, and make it an option to activate or deactivate those areas, in case people find it too intrusive. Or maybe a doubletap moves 5 pages instead of one. I use pdf reader for textbooks, and it's a pain in the heiny to go Page by Page for 20 pages to get to the middle of a chapter, and the bottom scroll bar is too sensitive for accurate scrolling. Thanks!
    07-24-12 10:04 AM
    Quick question, when I try to make a highlight I get the blue box after highlighting an area, click on the little page thing (the options being the page or the X symbol in the pop up) and my highlighting disappears. How do I save highlighting? I can't find any instructions on how to do so.
    08-20-12 09:46 AM
    I just bought this app after reading the pages in this thread.
    I use pdfs frequently as part of my work and so sick of the sluggish native app.
    This app is fantastic and does what a pdf reader should.
    Why arent you working for Adobe
    FF22 likes this.
    08-21-12 07:25 AM
    If you're fine with sideloading Repligo (android ported app)is the way to go.
    this is awesome pdf reader. I have sideloaded latest 4.0.3 version. i do not get it why can't they just submit it to app world. works very well imo.
    08-22-12 07:40 AM
    Bought it an hour ago and have been testing with my pdf files. So far it has performed really very well. Definitely, a keeper! An obvious difference, when comparing with the adobe app, was slow scrolling with all the files but i can live with that.
    Thanks again for such a beautiful app.
    08-24-12 02:57 PM
    Have been using the reader for last 5 hours and it's just awesome. I have only one request - Please include the "Stand-by lock" option in settings. That means while a document is open, playbook won't go into stand-by mode and backlight will remain on. It can be included as an optional setting. I love it on the epub reader on my playbook.
    Thanks again for your hard work and even if you don't include it, i have nothing to complain. It just works.
    08-24-12 09:33 PM
    Are you sure it is taking time to recognize your action versus taking time to turn the page? What kind of PDF is this (full of images, text, etc)? Does it seem to take a bit no mater how you change the page (swipe, corners, or slider)?

Nic
    I'm experiencing the same problem, a lag of 4-5 seconds after tapping to Page turn. And yes this is with image heavy magazines, but my Android tablet handled the same mags without a problem.
    08-28-12 03:47 PM
    I'm experiencing the same problem, a lag of 4-5 seconds after tapping to Page turn. And yes this is with image heavy magazines, but my Android tablet handled the same mags without a problem.
    I to am experiencing problems with PDF reader, I have loaded a newspaper PDF I downloaded which loads ok, but when swiping to next page nothing happens?...I also own an iPad & that handles the same PDF with ease, I'm not bashing anything here I'm just a little dissapointed in the playbooks handling of PDF files.....been a soul destroying experience thus far, one of my main uses for a tablet is reading PDF files & th playbook is coming up short (everything else seems great).
    08-28-12 05:01 PM
    I to am experien cing problems with PDF reader, I have loaded a newspaper PDF I downloaded which loads ok, but when swiping to next page nothing happens?...I also own an iPad & that handles the same PDF with ease, I'm not bashing anything here I'm just a little dissapointed in the playbooks handling of PDF files.....been a soul destroying experience thus far, one of my main uses for a tablet is reading PDF files & th playbook is coming up short (everything else seems great).
    t

I also feel disappointed, but I've no wish to discourage developers and so any comments I post are offered as feedback too.
    I bought the PlayBook primarily to watch videos on the road and it plays those beautifully.
    A decent PDF reader would be a bonus and l'm sure Sporadic will iron out the problems. My HTC Flyer was good at lots of things but I didn't like the UI. I love the way Playbook looks and it's UI is way better.
    08-28-12 06:59 PM
    It definitely is the best at displaying/rendering pdf's but turning a page is either painfully slow or takes 3 or 4 goes to achieve, if the developer can have a go at improving that slight niggle it will definitely be the best PDF reader for the playbook.
    Just to confirm to turn a page in the app it is a swipe from right to left?....just tried it on a mag PDF and to turn a page is taking 3 to 4 swipes?.
    08-29-12 04:47 PM
    It definitely is the best at displaying/rendering pdf's but turning a page is either painfully slow or takes 3 or 4 goes to achieve, if the developer can have a go at improving that slight niggle it will definitely be the best PDF reader for the playbook.
    Just to confirm to turn a page in the app it is a swipe from right to left?....just tried it on a mag PDF and to turn a page is taking 3 to 4 swipes?.
    Have you checked your settings for the page turn? I find that tapping in the bottom corners works best but i haven't tried anything that is media heavy.
    08-29-12 07:42 PM
    I find tapping better as well. I would of course prefer swiping if it was smoother and a little faster with some UI feedback.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    08-30-12 03:04 AM
    PDF Reader has been updated to v.2.0 and now has dynamic zooming of a page and kinetic scrolling, yay!
    09-10-12 03:02 AM
    Yeah some pretty slick features have been added, eh!!!
    09-10-12 03:37 AM
    This should be the official pdf reader for the playbook

Sent from.....the future.
    09-10-12 04:24 AM
    I didn't see a changelog until I updated the program, so here it is, for anyone interested:

2.0.0 Change Log
    Continuous scroll
    Kinetic scrolling
    See-as-you-do pinch scaling
    Go to previous page (in menu)
    Fix PDF. Some PDFs have errors that increase the time required for Pdf Reader to display them. Correcting the PDF can fix the errors and reduce the time required to display the PDF.
    Remove files and settings from the recent file list.

The continuous kinetic scrolling is beautiful. I do miss the tap boxes; got so used to them! One thing that wasn't in the changelog, but which I only noticed now, is an option to toggle day/night, white/black or "negative" mode, meaning the background white becomes black and the black text becomes white. Easier on the eyes in low light and should probably save on battery life as well.

Thanks to the developer for all their hard work. I use Pdfreader daily and really appreciate all the little improvements.
    Vorkosigan and usedberry like this.
    09-10-12 07:15 PM
    Thanks to the developer. Function over form but it works.

Could use some polishing like:

� Get rid of the scroll bar in the settings menu and make it touch.
    � The settings menu font and buttons and stuff are way too large.
    � The icons in the drop down menu could have some small text right under each icon like select file, back, search, bookmark.

� the thumbnail icon for the black and white function could be changed to perhaps a square with one half black and one half white.
    � the copy button could be better and give more feedback about copying.

�The instructions under the question mark icon should be in bullet format.

�The jump to Page button should be on the top menu bar with the other functions.

But all in all 4 stars.
    Last edited by Ishaq786; 09-19-12 at 06:35 PM.
    09-19-12 11:54 AM
    PDF Reader has been updated to v.2.0 and now has dynamic zooming of a page and kinetic scrolling, yay!
    It's rendering of non-text isn't very good, not much better than Adobe, fairly jagged and pixellated. Try reading a magazine or comic that is scanned and not true text.

Repligo for Android is 100x better in this regard, and in functionality IMO (swipe to change pages, more intuitive zooming, etc)

Just my $0.02

The REAL Joe
    09-19-12 04:58 PM
    This should be the official pdf reader for the playbook

Sent from.....the future.

Not going to happen anytime soon.
    09-19-12 05:06 PM
    The 2.2 update to this app has really improved the UI and it seems that the developer has taken some of my suggestions. I love developers that listen. Thank you, Thank you. Please can you Crackberrians push this app to all newbies that come to this forum.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    11-04-12 08:55 AM
    Just one question concerning "PDF Reader": Is it really not possible to change pages by tapping on the left/right of the screen? I find it annoying to swipe all the time.
    11-04-12 09:34 AM
    You can drag the Page with your fingers. You can drag the scroll bar on the right hand side. Or you can jump to Page. You can also scroll horizontally if you like.

These are your options. I can't see how you could require anything else.
    11-04-12 09:45 AM
    These are your options. I can't see how you could require anything else.
    Well, it's very simple: I'd like to read PDFs like a book in an e-reader. A short tap to go to the bottom of the page or to turn to the next page is after all MUCH more convenient and quicker than scrolling the pages up and down all the time. PDF Reader supported this a few versions ago, but the option seems to be gone for good.
    11-04-12 10:38 AM
    v2.2.1 has been submitted to App World for approval

FIX: Page not centered in screen
    FIX: Pdfmarks layout/resizing
    FIX: Some PDFs will start showing blank pages
    FIX: Improved pinch-to-zoom speed
    FIX: Scrollbar once again displays the page and moves page-by-page
    FIX: If PDF name has multiple dots in the name (test.1.pdf) the correct name is displayed in the file list (test.1)
    victorshikhman and joaosousa like this.
    11-13-12 02:11 PM
    Well, it's very simple: I'd like to read PDFs like a book in an e-reader. A short tap to go to the bottom of the page or to turn to the next page is after all MUCH more convenient and quicker than scrolling the pages up and down all the time. PDF Reader supported this a few versions ago, but the option seems to be gone for good.
    I plan to add this back in the next release. Does Pdf Reader also need a view-a-page-at-a-time mode or will the current view plus a way to go the next/previous page be enough?
    NoraMelua likes this.
    11-13-12 02:14 PM
200 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD