Because almost 2 years later I still can't get an app on App World that plays all video formats...
    And because none of the android sideloaded video players that play all codecs work on the PB yet...

I use Any Video Converter to convert movies that use a sound codec PB doesn't recognize into a format it will. The problem is that every time I do this the converted output video has a bit of noticeable and annoying lag between what the actors are saying on screen (video) and the speech coming through the speakers (sound). Thus far I have tried:

• Keeping video settings at their original state and changing the sound to mp3
    • converting both
    • tried high and low quality outputs and codecs
    • tried another video converter (AVI Demux)

I get the same problem not with every video, but it appears to happen to about 85% of my attempts to convert. Has anyone made a good free video converter for windows that has a dedicated Blackberry Playbook format in the premade output selections? This is getting frustrating. I still to this day prefer the PB to all other tablets on the market, but because a LOT of my use for tablets is watching movies, the inability to play numerous codecs either natively or via third party apps (like I can do on android) has become a very big shortcoming for me. Has anyone else had this problem of lag between what's seen on the screen and what is heard on the speakers after converting a movie, and found a solution?
    10-12-12 07:26 PM
    Try XVid4PSP. Set video to "Copy" and audio to AAC. A 90 minute movie should convert in about 10 minutes or less.
    10-12-12 08:13 PM
    I use WatchMore from App World. If I have downloaded an avi, mkv or mp4 file onto my PlayBook and it will not play, I have used WatchMore to covert it into a mp4 that will play on the PlayBook. It does not work for all avi, mkv or mp4 files. The app does cost money. The largest file was about 1GB. And it does this on the PlayBook.
    10-12-12 09:32 PM
    tools4movies.com has software that does exactly what you want but its not free.
    10-13-12 12:59 AM
    I use Freemake Video Converter and Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate. They have BlackBerry Playbook profiles.
    10-13-12 07:08 AM
    I use Avidemux. Works well!
    10-13-12 07:43 AM
    Because almost 2 years later I still can't get an app on App World that plays all video formats...

<snip>

....This is getting frustrating. I still to this day prefer the PB to all other tablets on the market, but because a LOT of my use for tablets is watching movies, the inability to play numerous codecs either natively or via third party apps (like I can do on android) has become a very big shortcoming for me. Has anyone else had this problem of lag between what's seen on the screen and what is heard on the speakers after converting a movie, and found a solution?
    My karma must be awesome! The very same day I posted to complain about this problem, the Kalemsoft Media Player gets announced here! FINALLY after all this waiting someone has done it! The final shortcoming to stop me from seeing my PB as 100% perfect has finally been addressed
    10-13-12 11:29 AM