I was wondering whether the hardware on the Playbook can withstand computer games such as Zeus: Master Of Olympus, Age Of Mythology, Pharaoh, etc. Reason I ask is cause they seem relatively simple on the graphics side of things and it would blow my ******* brains to be able to do such a thing. So, my question is: Is it at all possible? I'm not holding my breath but it would seriously make it THE tablet.
    02-12-13 05:50 PM
    Unless someone port it for Playbook, which means the game would be optimised to run on Playbook OS and make use of it's power, no. Playbook OS is not the same API than Windows, so it's not directly useable without a good amount of work. It's possible to use Windows 95 and 98 in DOSBox on the Playbook, but with limited performances and capabilities.

But I second, it would be awesome!
    Apollo_IV likes this.
    02-12-13 06:10 PM
    Unless someone port it for Playbook, which means the game would be optimised to run on Playbook OS and make use of it's power, no. Playbook OS is not the same API than Windows, so it's not directly useable without a good amount of work. It's possible to use Windows 95 and 98 in DOSBox on the Playbook, but with limited performances and capabilities.

But I second, it would be awesome!
    I see. In that case, the makers of all those awesome games should get to work and build BB10 games for yesterday! =D
    02-12-13 11:02 PM
    I was wondering whether the hardware on the Playbook can withstand computer games such as Zeus: Master Of Olympus, Age Of Mythology, Pharaoh, etc. Reason I ask is cause they seem relatively simple on the graphics side of things and it would blow my ******* brains to be able to do such a thing. So, my question is: Is it at all possible? I'm not holding my breath but it would seriously make it THE tablet.
    Check this forum for 'DOSBOX'; if your games are simple enough to run on DOS or wome Win95 flavor you may want to involve the couple of hours necessary to install the app, create the win95 folder, set everything up etc. Things will be slow though.
    02-13-13 01:14 AM
    Check this forum for 'DOSBOX'; if your games are simple enough to run on DOS or wome Win95 flavor you may want to involve the couple of hours necessary to install the app, create the win95 folder, set everything up etc. Things will be slow though.
    Thanks, I'll have a look into it. I mean, at least Zeus: Master of Olympus seems simple enough. It's a city-building game.
    02-14-13 02:27 PM
    Wasn't there an app that basically "streamed" your game to your tablet? I remember it being in development and saw test runs with iPad. Never found out what happened with that though
    02-14-13 02:32 PM
    Wasn't there an app that basically "streamed" your game to your tablet? I remember it being in development and saw test runs with iPad. Never found out what happened with that though
    But if it's streamed I won't be able to take it on the road with me. No?
    02-14-13 02:45 PM