Just wondering if there's some interest. I've got the app just wondering if I should polish it up and release it or not.

Basically it turns your Playbook into a touchpad. Not a HP Touchpad, but a kind laptop touchpad that controls mouse on your PC.

Currently has left click, right click, middle click and scrolling vertically and horizontally using up to 3 fingers. Only issues is the mouse is a bit jittery. This works over wifi so distance from PC isn't an issue but requires an app be run on the PC.

EDIT:
    It's accepted and now available.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...90845/?lang=en

For any ideas / suggestions either PM me here or send email to [email protected]
    Last edited by MaxxJag; 03-19-12 at 01:39 PM.
    gb5766 and yanicmb like this.
    02-15-12 06:45 PM
    PLEASE Release it i would use it everyday i would love the .BAR file
    02-15-12 07:46 PM
    I've already got an app that does this (and has keyboard functionality) CompRemote. I'm using the Lite version, don't know what the full version's like. Still, a little competition is always good, release it! And if you upload it to app world right now (if you're already an app world vendor, if you make an account now then you don't qualify) then you can get a free playbook. But if you don't have an app world vendor account right now, and rather sign up for one now, you WONT get the pb.
    02-15-12 07:57 PM
    Yea, I'm already a vendor. Have been since release. Although I'll have to admit the app that got me the free playbook wasn't great and requires some work to make into a nice app. First Webworks app ever for me. I'll finish it up before the weekend and release the app and give a link to the PC download.

Was thinking of adding keyboard also, could be interesting. Or some shortcuts, or maybe both.
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-15-12 08:00 PM
    Drop it like it's hot sir. I'd love to check it out. The ides of controlling my laptop as I'm using my TV as a monitor is appealing.
    02-15-12 08:22 PM
    Yea, I'm already a vendor. Have been since release. Although I'll have to admit the app that got me the free playbook wasn't great and requires some work to make into a nice app. First Webworks app ever for me. I'll finish it up before the weekend and release the app and give a link to the PC download.

Was thinking of adding keyboard also, could be interesting. Or some shortcuts, or maybe both.
    Lol well I saw on alec saunders' twitter that anyone who got a free playbook when it was released is still eligible for this second promotion, so you could get a second freebie! :P looking forward to trying out your app!
    02-15-12 11:25 PM
    Have a app like this on iPhone (remote mouse) would love it on playbook.
    02-16-12 01:32 PM
    I think you should release it. I see it becoming a highly valued app for HTPC users.
    02-16-12 01:39 PM
    I think you should release it. I see it becoming a highly valued app for HTPC users.
    That was part of my reasoning behind it. Plus I think a touchpad would be nice for casual use like browsing internet. I looked into buying one but outside of laptops it's not easy finding one.

Easier to navigate a browser.

Hopefully I'll be able to fix the jittery issue, that's mostly the only issue for the functioning. Adding a menu for IP and such is mostly brush-up work.

PC app just needs a config/tray icon, also easy and quick to do.
    02-16-12 01:57 PM
    Release that puppy! Even if you make it a free app and just apply for the free playbook RIM is offering. You would make the community happy, PLUS get a free playbook! You could also make it a reasonable charge too, for example .99, and make a few ducats!
    02-16-12 02:08 PM
    Instead of letting it run on the system tray, have you considered letting it run as a service or would that create complications with app options?
    02-16-12 02:09 PM
    That would be awesome! I'd love to try it and thanks so much!
    02-16-12 03:17 PM
    Instead of letting it run on the system tray, have you considered letting it run as a service or would that create complications with app options?
    I could even make it an option to run as either. Was aiming more towards tray icon to temporarly disable it for those paranoid ppl. Shouldn't be a security issue but who knows.

But yes, I can do both. I've done both in the past.
    02-16-12 06:53 PM
    Definitely release it. I have a question. What would be the chances of implementing multi finger gestures in an application like this for the playbook? That would be extremely beneficial and flat out awesome.
    02-16-12 07:14 PM
    Can't wait to show this off over at Techreport.
    02-16-12 09:52 PM
    Definitely release it. I have a question. What would be the chances of implementing multi finger gestures in an application like this for the playbook? That would be extremely beneficial and flat out awesome.
    It's built that way already.

One finger moves mouse and clicks (no holds yet)
    Two fingers scrolls (and right clicks with the second finger)
    Three fingers for middle click

Prepping the app for submission and working on the server tray icon/service.
    Hopefully both done and ready for monday.
    02-17-12 07:00 AM
    This is the one i use on iphone, very useful.http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/remot...mt=8&at=10l3Vy
    02-17-12 02:52 PM
    It's built that way already.

One finger moves mouse and clicks (no holds yet)
    Two fingers scrolls (and right clicks with the second finger)
    Three fingers for middle click

Prepping the app for submission and working on the server tray icon/service.
    Hopefully both done and ready for monday.
    What I mean is gestures such as for zooming in and out on pictures and such as on the phone itself.
    02-17-12 07:11 PM
    What I mean is gestures such as for zooming in and out on pictures and such as on the phone itself.
    I'll see what more functions I can add. But I am limited to what windows can do. At least for now, we'll how advanced I can get as I continue coding. Should hopefully have a release by Monday. Not sure how long the process is these days thoughon app world.
    02-17-12 09:55 PM
    App has been submitted. First version only allows for mouse movement, no keyboard input.

Jittery is fixed, it's very very smooth. As smooth as a mouse actually.
    Does do service, but service doesn't work due to the way the access rights are given. Might look into it at a later time if the need is there.

Server app is a tray icon. That's it for now. You can quit the server by right clicking it and choosing quit.

If it gets approved and you have issues, send me a PM here or use the support email.
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-20-12 09:42 PM
    yes if free, if not dont bother, we already have luko
    02-20-12 11:27 PM
    yes if free, if not dont bother, we already have luko
    I, Personally have found Luko to be kind of slack. This developer seems intent on really creating something very cool, useful and functional. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes and will gladly she'll out a couple bucks for it.
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-21-12 08:17 AM
    I'm probably setting it a 0.99.
    Might be worth more to some, but since this is my first paid app and it's rather simple enough.
    02-21-12 10:15 AM
    Small Update, received an email rejecting the app for a couple minor things. Fixed those up last weekend and resent it. So hopefully this time it'll get checked out a bit faster.
    03-13-12 07:04 AM
    I would like to say that I'm also looking forward to this app. My biggest request would be to have a media button layout once you get the keyboard implemented. I have luko and the arrow buttons are way too small to be usable. The only buttons you really need are the arrow keys, enter, escape, vol+/-, backspace and space. I will happily support development once your app gets approved. Good Luck!
    03-13-12 09:40 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD