I bought a micro hdmi cable to watch movies from PB and it's great, but would like to know if there is an app or a way to pause/play videos without a PB phone as I don't have one.
    03-10-12 08:14 PM
    You can always get a bluetooth mouse. Then after a while you will probably find that you will want a bluetooth keyboard to go with it for total control.
    annamarialuann likes this.
    03-10-12 08:27 PM
    Thank you I will look into that. Would I have to buy a particular bluetooth or would a regular cell phone bluetooth work? I have a Motorola H715 bluetooth.
    03-10-12 08:33 PM
    If I'm correct, you are talking about a bluetooth headset for talking on your phone. That's not quite what I'm talking about here. Bluetooth is a technology, not a device. What you will need is a wireless mouse that sends and receives the signal through bluetooth. Much like a regular mouse that is wired and plugs into USB or another port on a computer to be used, a bluetooth mouse is a wireless mouse that does the same thing. But instead of the wire sending the signal it is sent over a bluetooth signal.

Does that help?
    03-10-12 08:49 PM
    I had a feeling that would be the case, I have a wireless mouse, but not sure if it would work.
    03-10-12 08:54 PM
    Maybe BlackBerry's new mouse+keyboard for the pb will reach across the room to your playbook that's hooked-up to your TV.

This high quality bluetooth mouse+keyboard device is made for the playbook
    annamarialuann likes this.
    03-10-12 08:56 PM
    I had a feeling that would be the case, I have a wireless mouse, but not sure if it would work.
    If it's fairly new its probably a bluetooth mouse. What kind is it? I can probably answer that for you if you can give me make and model.
    03-10-12 08:57 PM
    Hmmm you mean the wireless signal from keyboard and mouse to tv?
    03-10-12 08:58 PM
    OK hold on while I check the mouse model.
    03-10-12 08:59 PM
    It's a Logitec M310.
    03-10-12 09:01 PM
    It's a Logitec M310.
    Unfortunately I don't think that mouse uses bluetooth technology. I did assume from the start that you don't already have a BlackBerry phone to use as a mouse? If not you will have to get either a BlackBerry or a bluetooth wireless mouse. I would go into a store that sells computer accessories and ask them to show you some that operate on bluetooth.

Or better yet, buy a Bold 9900/9930 if you are in the market for a phone.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 03-10-12 at 09:15 PM.
    03-10-12 09:10 PM
    Maybe BlackBerry's new mouse+keyboard for the pb will reach across the room to your playbook that's hooked-up to your TV.

This high quality bluetooth mouse+keyboard device is made for the playbook
    True of course and that's what I'm using now.
    03-10-12 09:12 PM
    I will check into it. That's right I don't have a BB phone can't afford one. Thanks for your suggestions and for checking about the mouse. All you techies rock!! Love these forums.
    axllebeer likes this.
    03-10-12 09:20 PM
    how did you already buy it when its not supposed to be available till march23. i want one
    03-10-12 09:21 PM
    how did you already buy it when its not supposed to be available till march23. i want one
    OK sorry to get you excited there I misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about a BlackBerry phone as the keyboard/mouse that's made for the PlayBook.

My bad...
    03-10-12 09:31 PM
    I will check into it. That's right I don't have a BB phone can't afford one. Thanks for your suggestions and for checking about the mouse. All you techies rock!! Love these forums.
    Guyzer up above has a good point. Don't rush out and buy a mouse/keyboard just yet if he's right about the one coming specifically for the PlayBook. If I didn't have the Bold 9930 to use for that purpose I would be jumping on that when it comes for sure!
    03-10-12 09:35 PM
    I will wait till they come out then. Thanks everyone.
    03-10-12 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD