Now that we have email on OS2, what are we going to do about the spam?
    02-22-12 04:00 PM
    Your e-mail provider is the spam blocker NOT the device.
    02-22-12 04:05 PM
    Your e-mail provider is the spam blocker NOT the device.
    Roadrunner has a limit to how much you can block, I use Thunderbird spam block on my desktop. Gmail does and excellent job of blocking spam.
    02-23-12 05:42 AM
    The thing that I don't understand is why emails that are marked as spam on every other device I use still come through on my PB. None of them make it through to my BB, my rogers account filters most of them from coming through to Outlook, and I can use the filters on Outlook to take care of pretty much anything that sneaks through. That being said, I generally wake up every morning to 20-30 emails in my messaging app on my PB - all SPAM! It's a little frustrating as there is no way that I have found so far to do anything about it.

I'm just about ready to delete my email off the PB and just go back to using Bridge.
    02-29-12 10:10 AM
    The thing that I don't understand is why emails that are marked as spam on every other device I use still come through on my PB.
    Sounds like a setup issue with how your e-mail account handles the spam. I don't get any spam from my gmail account to my PlayBook.
    02-29-12 10:17 AM
    Sounds like a setup issue with how your e-mail account handles the spam. I don't get any spam from my gmail account to my PlayBook.
    Gmail does a great job of spam filtering, considering they are watching the entire planet. A local ISP can not achieve the same amount of filtering. I was considering going to Gmail totally, just wondering if I can forward my ISP email through them during the transition?
    02-29-12 10:24 AM
    Gmail does a great job of spam filtering, considering they are watching the entire planet. A local ISP can not achieve the same amount of filtering. I was considering going to Gmail totally, just wondering if I can forward my ISP email through them during the transition?
    Yes, you can receive your POP3 email through GMail. It is under the Accounts and Imports tab of the settings.
    02-29-12 11:21 AM
    Yes, you can receive your POP3 email through GMail. It is under the Accounts and Imports tab of the settings.
    Right, I found that and I am going to do that now. Besides Gmail works just fine with the PB, while RR is always asking for the password.
    02-29-12 12:40 PM
    The only thing it doesn't like is subfolder filtering. Which isn't a big deal for me, because that means only the imporant GMail messages show up on my PlayBook.
    02-29-12 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD