I purchased my playbook (32gb wifi model) in canada during boxing day and everything worked fine including app world. I go to school in the caribbean. So when i got home, I was browsing the internet on my PB and decided to check out the app store (which i did in canada and worked fine). everytime i open the app store i get the following message: "we cannot connect you to Blackberry App world. Please ensure that your device is connected to the wireless network and try again". I find this message odd because my laptop and my bb 9900 are both connected to the same router and internet works on both of them.

Oh 1 last thing i tried to clear the catch but it didnt work.

Any help appreciated
    01-19-12 10:51 AM
    So I guess you can still access the internet on your PB but not app world, so your net connection is fine.

I suggest you do a restart of your PB and see.

If a restart dosent work I would suggest that you do a Hard reset and it will most likely solve the issue.

Hard reset= hold down the power, +/- volume buttons : all three at the same time for 10 seconds, until the PB shut off and starts to reboot.

Good luck

Also look at the setup on your PB, there is an icon on the PB home page down below-- that says 'setup', hit it and make sure your region still reads as Canada
    Last edited by anindoc; 01-19-12 at 10:57 AM.
    01-19-12 10:55 AM
    thanks a lot for the help but unfortunately it didn't seem to work. I tried the hard rest, i tried changing the region but still no go
    01-22-12 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD