Went to Blackberry app world to buy an app(ebook reader) and when I was paying with Paypal it said that it was also to pre approve RIM for a 1500$ total, the app is just .99 whats with the big pre approval?
    12-04-11 04:31 PM
    Went to Blackberry app world to buy an app(ebook reader) and when I was paying with Paypal it said that it was also to pre approve RIM for a 1500$ total, the app is just .99 whats with the big pre approval?
    Only RIM knows and they're not telling! I think that it's just enough to cover the maximum theoretical price tier that can be applied to an App World app. I have to do a little bit more work in order to justify such a price for my app - but its comforting to know that when I finally finish my killer app, you will be able to purchase it with no trouble using PayPal.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    12-04-11 08:55 PM
    I'm having such a pain lately with the payment methods on AppWorld. I used tu buy apps directly with my credit card, but from a few weeks now the errors 12000 and 13000 appeared, so I decided to change to PayPal. I set an account but its not working either cause it says that I dont have balance on it... wtf? doesnt PayPal go to my credit card and charges it for whatever I buy on the AppWorld???
    12-04-11 10:52 PM
    I have a similar issues with Paypal in that I want to have my apps be paid with my creditcard onfile at Paypal, but it defaulted to my bank account and I want to change this.
    12-04-11 11:05 PM
    I received an email from rim saying that its a known issue that they are 'working hard to resolve' and 'they understand that it currently affects a number of customers'

Dont know how promising it is, but I'll harass them again tomorrow.
    12-05-11 02:45 AM
    I was having issues to purchasing apps i believe either app world or app it self is the issue.
    12-06-11 12:52 AM
    I received an email from rim saying that its a known issue that they are 'working hard to resolve' and 'they understand that it currently affects a number of customers'

Dont know how promising it is, but I'll harass them again tomorrow.
    Just drive up the Waterloo and smack Jim or Mike with a cold dead cod. I am sure security will just wave you through the checkpoints.
    12-06-11 07:48 AM
    I am having the same issues. Since pp is the only approved method of payment in the czech republic i can not buy any apps, period.

Totally unacceptable.
    12-06-11 09:55 AM
    I just bought the Book Reader app this morning using PayPal and had no issues at all.

Edit: Actually, the purchase went through fine but I did get two emails after purchase. One with the normal receipt and one that reads:

You've signed up for preapproved payments plan with Research In Motion .

To view the details, log in on the PayPal homepage, go to your Profile, and click Preapproved Payments. Then click Research In Motion:PA-4xx0xxxxxxx66xxxxx.

Thanks,
    PayPal
    When I go to my PayPal profile I see nothing that mentions preapproved payments.

I'm now wondering if this doesn't have something to do with the fact that I signed up and received a developer key. Perhaps a regular developer can pipe in on this.
    Last edited by StringThing; 12-06-11 at 10:42 AM.
    12-06-11 10:34 AM
    In the same vein-does anyone know if you can get a card to pay for apps like apple does with itunes?
    12-06-11 06:02 PM
    Well, got a "waiting for the developers" email from them. So no news yet. As long as your bbid doesnt have this issue, you should be able to grab one of those prepaid mastercards, or giftcard things and use that. ...cause if it has this problem, then even the giftcard things dont work

So I think mine might be related to the fact that I had "bill to carrier" on my phone, and the playbook told me I was bad and had to choose something else.

Ever since, I cant purchase on either device. Have no problems at all grabbing free apps, but the free ones arent my target.

Did some more bugging, sent them another report, waiting for another email back. :crossesfingers:
    randall2580 likes this.
    12-07-11 02:20 AM
    The prepaid credit card is a good idea I'll give it a try. Thanks

Well, got a "waiting for the developers" email from them. So no news yet. As long as your bbid doesnt have this issue, you should be able to grab one of those prepaid mastercards, or giftcard things and use that. ...cause if it has this problem, then even the giftcard things dont work

So I think mine might be related to the fact that I had "bill to carrier" on my phone, and the playbook told me I was bad and had to choose something else.

Ever since, I cant purchase on either device. Have no problems at all grabbing free apps, but the free ones arent my target.

Did some more bugging, sent them another report, waiting for another email back. :crossesfingers:
    12-07-11 05:48 PM
    Hope you didnt try the pre-paid yet. It didnt work for me. Got another response. They've pinned it to their credit card processor, and are 'working on it' and 'appreciate the update'

><

On a side know. Anyone think that this may be related to the problem with the appworld 3.1 beta? Not directly, but I remember seeing a thing about deleting your bbid and remaking it.

Anyone brave enough to try it?
    12-08-11 11:50 PM
    The pre paid Visa card worked for me, but it was an expensive choice $3.95 for a $25 card.
    12-11-11 03:23 PM
    If you have got any Errors with Paypal or Credit card.

The only work-around is to create a new BBID, wipe the PlayBook and set it up to the new BBID but you will lose all your old apps.

So use this way only if you never bought any apps for the PlayBook before.

Usually this error is caused if the BBID is registered with your BlackBerry Smartphone before it QA registered with the PlayBook.

In case you bought some apps or games already, you may ask RIM if it can transfer your purchases to the new BBID or not before creating a new BBID.

I did this when I got the PlayBook although I had already bought some apps. But I had the same issue due to another reason, I just re-bought the apps to buy my peace of mind lol
    Last edited by M.Rizk; 12-11-11 at 04:54 PM.
    12-11-11 04:44 PM
    I've been trying to register a new credit card to my AppWorld account in order to buy some apps but i keep getting this error ID: 12000 (Read on their knowledge base and its not my case), I though it was only me... Hopefully this get fixed soon! this is money you're losing RIM!
    12-11-11 05:06 PM
    I have not been able to buy one app since getting my PB originally getting error 13000 then 10000 exclusively. Numerous interactions with BB support has not resulted in a fix and the position of BB support this will be fixed with o/s version 2.0. Still a disapointment and frustrating.
    12-12-11 07:05 PM
    SO.... after failing horribly to get netflix to work in 2.0, i decided to roll back to the stable official release. Realizing that my playbook was totally wiped, I decided I'd use a different email address and make a new bbid.

I havent bridged it yet, and purchased apps using a card that was rejected on my old account. Interesting. However I can vouch for a different ID with a security wipe WILL work.

12-17-11 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD