I have a Torch 9800 and on it the native "password keeper" with a ton of passwords. I would love to have the same passwords available on my PB also.

Any suggestions how to do this without have to type everything again into a new PB app?
    12-18-11 02:27 PM
    I have always wished for the ability to at least email my passwords or convert everything to a pdf. I also have a ton of important passwords on my Torch 9850 and the only thing that keeps me from stressing out from the possibility of losing them is BB Protect.
    12-18-11 05:45 PM
    Bridge is for PIM stuff only. Consider using Evernote or the native notes app.

I don't think it is a good idea though...
    12-18-11 05:52 PM
    Bridge is for PIM stuff only. Consider using Evernote or the native notes app.

I don't think it is a good idea though...
    You're right, it's not a good idea...but thx anyway

A password protected XLS sheet would be better i think and have it in the drobox / blue box.
    12-18-11 07:10 PM
    I typed all my password up, converted to a pdf, saved it in some random folder that no one is going to look in if my PB is stolen, then use Files and Folders to access it when needed. I travel abroad a lot and don't have wifi all of the time which means no access to dropbox (and hate it when I suddenly realise that I've forgotten the pin of the travel money card I'm using!!)
    12-19-11 04:14 AM
    I typed all my password up, converted to a pdf, saved it in some random folder that no one is going to look in if my PB is stolen, then use Files and Folders to access it when needed. I travel abroad a lot and don't have wifi all of the time which means no access to dropbox (and hate it when I suddenly realise that I've forgotten the pin of the travel money card I'm using!!)
    Maybe it's time for developers to start working on something?

On the other hand: I guess RIM protected the password data in such manner that it is nearly impossible to do something with it unless RIM gives away some secrets. In that case (in any case actually), we have to make sure we make frequent backups.
    12-19-11 06:19 AM
    If only something handled password protected ZIP files, that would serve.

I did have an experiment going when I had DOSBOX installed. I was able to get an old DOS zip program to work with passwords. When I did a Security Wipe, Dosbox was also wiped and I have not yet reinstalled it.

There is a new password keeper (forgot its name keepass or similar - there's a thread here) that works with its older counterpart on the bb and computers.
    12-19-11 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD