Yes I have read the forums. And I haven't found a proper solution so I am posting for help there.

I use blackberry wallet and password keeper. To store all my passwords and private stuff.

Due that in my new job. I am going to use more the PlayBook I am looking for an application that can help me store passwords, but I am also looking in the future so I plan on buying the bb10 so I was wondering if there is any good app that can store password and save them somewhere so when you switch you can still have the passwords saved?

Pardon for my bad English its not my native language, hope you guys understood me.

Thanks
    04-09-12 02:18 AM
    Look into:

Vault-Password Manager For BlackBerry PlayBook

It has a backup/restore feature that allows you to export/import your passwords to your Dropbox account.

Here's a thread created by the makers of Vault:http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...-xlabz-672332/
    Last edited by chrisy520; 04-09-12 at 06:55 AM.
    04-09-12 06:35 AM
    I second Vault. Great App by XLabz!
    04-09-12 06:39 AM
    Also recommend Vault by Xlabz.

Only other one I recommend would be SplashID if it comes to the PlayBook and has sync with blackberry handheld version or desktop (win/mac) version.
    04-09-12 09:48 AM
    Vault is great, and take this from a known cheapskate, honestly, im worse than scrooge mcduck, Mr Crabs has nothing on me when it comes to penny pinching, but Vault is totally worth the money.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-09-12 09:50 AM
    How do you guys feel about the security of using a third party app to store passwords?

How about password security and Dropbox?
    04-09-12 09:54 AM
    How do you guys feel about the security of using a third party app to store passwords?

How about password security and Dropbox?
    You know Chrisy, I honestly feel that it is risky to have your passwords stored on a 3rd party app, then backups stored on a virtual storage website. It's risky! But since there is no 'Password Keeper' for PlayBook, we don't have much choice.

Most of us just rely on the "it can't happen to me" (hacking into my passwords) mentality and forget about it, but it is risky when you think about it.
    04-09-12 03:27 PM
    Thanks for all the info!!!
    04-09-12 04:27 PM
    Thanks for all the info!!!
    You are most welcome!
    04-09-12 04:32 PM
    Hey guys, I had contacted SplashID support about the playbook version and here's what they replied with.

Yes, SplashID is still coming to the Playbook.

You can expect it to be available within the month.

It will work just like your Blackberry handheld version.

Yes, in fact at the moment we are actively exploring cloud sync options with SplashID.

In the meantime, did you know there is an automatic back up feature of SplashID? It will automatically email you an encrypted back up of your data as often as you choose.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

--Chester
    Splashdata Staff

Cheers
    04-09-12 04:48 PM
    I like the encrypted email idea. I've had my passwords stored on third party apps too, including Dropbox.

When I used Android though it doing so made me REALLY nervous. I'm not as nervous when using BlackBerry apps for some reason

I still prefer the native password keeper but Vault is an excellent PlayBook app!

Looking forward to checking out Splash ID!
    04-09-12 07:11 PM
    hope its arrives sooner than later.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    04-10-12 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD