Hi all, so heres my game for the PlayBook, its a plane throwing game, which shows you your distance thrown, also you get stats such as total distance covered, average throw distance and total of planes thrown.

Initally its a single level game, however we are finalising some more levels as i type, additional levels are available to download inside the game itself (no appworld update required) and are apx .5Mb to 1Mb in size per level.

i have put up a little video of it (on simulator as i dont have a playbook yet) on youtube which can be viewed here

its is currently available in Appworld for $0.99

Download from Appworld
    InfinitiGuy likes this.
    04-19-11 09:27 AM
    It's a good looking game. I will definitely check it out once I get a PB. Reminds me of an old Apple II game I played as a kid (loved it back then). I can't remember the name, but the premise was the same. Were you inspired by it?
    04-19-11 09:38 AM
    It's a good looking game. I will definitely check it out once I get a PB. Reminds me of an old Apple II game I played as a kid (loved it back then). I can't remember the name, but the premise was the same. Were you inspired by it?
    haha umm not from an apple II (never owned anything apple apart from my earphones), i used to play it all the time years ago on my pc, so had lingering memories of that lol, plus it seemed like the kind of game i could get some decent graphics into also
    04-19-11 09:49 AM
    bumpity bump
    04-20-11 05:15 PM
    its a fun game.. I'm 10th on the highest score list..haha
    04-20-11 05:51 PM
    its a fun game.. I'm 10th on the highest score list..haha
    nice!! i cant get over 32meters on the sim lol, i am working on some new levels too, so keep an eye out for them, they`ll pop up inside the game for download when they are live (prob a week or so tbh)
    04-20-11 06:34 PM
    Hey, you should upload an updated video to YouTube (etc..) of Paper Plane in action now that the PlayBook is released! . I hope to be getting one (very) soon and wanna see you're game in action on a real device (vs on the Simulator). Some good demo vids #JustSaying

Also, heard on Twitter that the RIM crew (or anyone testing/using "review units") had thrown over 100,000 paper planes before release day! That's awesome haha! Are there Leader Boards for distance thrown, how many planes thrown (etc..)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 09:28 PM
    I'll test this one out when my device arrives.
    04-21-11 02:31 AM
    Hey, you should upload an updated video to YouTube (etc..) of Paper Plane in action now that the PlayBook is released! . I hope to be getting one (very) soon and wanna see you're game in action on a real device (vs on the Simulator). Some good demo vids #JustSaying

Also, heard on Twitter that the RIM crew (or anyone testing/using "review units") had thrown over 100,000 paper planes before release day! That's awesome haha! Are there Leader Boards for distance thrown, how many planes thrown (etc..)?

i have a video in the OP and also i point out the scores info and stuff, not sure why ay asked? and yea RIM threw over 100,000 planes, i had to tidy up the database a bit so it was down to 90,000 on PB launch, but is at 107,000 now

I'll test this one out when my device arrives.
    hey, hope ya like it, i cant wait to get my playbook so i can actually use it myself, but thats gonna be another week or more
    04-21-11 06:44 PM
    i have a video in the OP and also i point out the scores info and stuff, not sure why ay asked? and yea RIM threw over 100,000 planes, i had to tidy up the database a bit so it was down to 90,000 on PB launch, but is at 107,000 now

hey, hope ya like it, i cant wait to get my playbook so i can actually use it myself, but thats gonna be another week or more
    It's gonna be a week or so more for me too unfortunately! A lot of people are saying to wait and blah blah, but to me that's all it is...BLAH! I'm a BlackBerry Enthusiast and I wanna be there thru the PlayBook growth and developement process! That's something I wanna be a part of for sure!

Alright, bringing the subject back to this thread, I do see you have a video of your game running on the Simulator, but I was hoping for some vid's of it running on an actual device! But, you kinda answered that question by saying it'll be a week or more before you get one too! No biggie.

Also, the Leader Boards feature I mentioned. I get that there are in game leader boards for yourself and the planes we would throw, but my question is are there ONLINE Leader Boards where we (the user) are able to see how far OTHER people have thrown planes? If not, that would be a cool feature

04-21-11 06:54 PM
    It's gonna be a week or so more for me too unfortunately! A lot of people are saying to wait and blah blah, but to me that's all it is...BLAH! I'm a BlackBerry Enthusiast and I wanna be there thru the PlayBook growth and developement process! That's something I wanna be a part of for sure!

Alright, bringing the subject back to this thread, I do see you have a video of your game running on the Simulator, but I was hoping for some vid's of it running on an actual device! But, you kinda answered that question by saying it'll be a week or more before you get one too! No biggie.

Also, the Leader Boards feature I mentioned. I get that there are in game leader boards for yourself and the planes we would throw, but my question is are there ONLINE Leader Boards where we (the user) are able to see how far OTHER people have thrown planes? If not, that would be a cool feature

yea its gutting, international shipping is a pain, RIM are meant to be fedexing them today i believe so hope doesnt take too long.

as for a vid of it on the playbook of course if i could i would, i know for a fact it runs smoothly as people in RIM were playing it, and a few people have commented as such since release too, as for the online leaderboard, yes, thats why in the video i click the `view rank online` button (0:48 if ya wanna see) and it loads up the browser, it then shows everyones scores and yours is in red to define your score
    there are popup annotations on the youtube video, however these dont show on mobile devices for some reason
    04-22-11 06:00 AM
    04-22-11 09:22 AM
    cool game I just bought it! I like the leader board idea. It gives more worth to the game. Also just FYI there is a cheater. Terry is showing over 600 meters on a throw?
    04-22-11 01:17 PM
    cool game I just bought it! I like the leader board idea. It gives more worth to the game. Also just FYI there is a cheater. Terry is showing over 600 meters on a throw?
    glad ya like it, the leaderboard and the stats are one of the cool parts i think

as for the scores, the early release (pre-pb launch) had a slight glitch, its fixed now but people who dont update their total still shows no ttheir score, sevrer runs a cleanup script twice a day to tidy it up
    04-22-11 04:57 PM
    Woohoo, Got 45.09 meters.

Fun App, looking forward to future versions.
    04-22-11 06:31 PM
    Woohoo, Got 45.09 meters.

Fun App, looking forward to future versions.
    nice work!! interesting to see who`s top scoring

for those who dont have the game, iv made an online page to view, works decent in OS6 browser too
    PaperPlane Online scores - note, if you go in through the game your throw details are shown in red so you can see where you are ranked, if you go through this generic link that wont be the case.
    04-22-11 06:46 PM
    Wow, someone got 168.48m !
    How is that possible?

BTW, for your next version a fun feature to consider would be to have the ability to turn on "messy mode" where all your previous attempts are scattered on the floor :-)
    Last edited by InfinitiGuy; 04-23-11 at 10:34 AM.
    04-23-11 10:20 AM
    Wow, someone got 168.48m !
    How is that possible?

BTW, for your next version a fun feature to consider would be to have the ability to turn on "messy mode" where all your previous attempts are scattered on the floor :-)
    there is a slight bug (which wouldnt of been there if RIM had given us playbooks already ) but it will be removed as soon as we can test on device that we fixed it (shouldnt be hard). also the database runs a script twice daily to remove any erronious scores so it`ll go soon, and yea i like the idea of `messey mode` but will have to see hwo stable it is as it may end up slowing it down which we wouldnt want.

also wanna say major thanks to crackberry kevin for pointing out how the bug was occuring
    04-23-11 10:38 AM
    wow!! 135,000 throws already!! and almost 2.2 million meters flown!! you guys rock

Tip: throw from behind the line, distance is measured from where ya let go, not the line, master the `flick` for a better distance
    04-24-11 04:14 PM
    Love this game! Thank you, and looking forward to the new levels!
    04-24-11 09:20 PM
    Did I mention that I can't wait until I get a BlackBerry Playbook!!

04-24-11 09:59 PM
    I bought it but it's already pissed me off.

I really suck at it. I can't get beyond 4 metres.

edit: I tried it again and used the flip technique... I'm #192!

This game is stupidly addictive once you get past the learning curve. Good job with the game!
    Last edited by galuple; 04-25-11 at 02:24 AM.
    04-25-11 02:20 AM
    just wanted tolet you know there's some sort of scoring glitch that needs to be worked out.

i'm currently in the number 1 spot with a 149.6 meter flight. it's great being in the #1 spot....but it's def not accurate lol.

PM me and i'll give you more details as to what happened so you can sort it out. dont wanna release what happened here so others do it!
    04-26-11 06:52 AM
    just wanted tolet you know there's some sort of scoring glitch that needs to be worked out.

i'm currently in the number 1 spot with a 149.6 meter flight. it's great being in the #1 spot....but it's def not accurate lol.

PM me and i'll give you more details as to what happened so you can sort it out. dont wanna release what happened here so others do it!
    thanks, others have given us feedback on what happened which basically we couldnt test for on the sim, now that v1.0.1 of the sim is out we can re-create the bug and we should have an update out soon to fix this. sadly as RIM havent sent us our test devices yet (and the early sims werent up to scratch) it was impossible to see this bug until actual useage.
    04-26-11 07:16 AM
    Just curious - does the backwards motion (the pre-throw) have any effect on the strength of the throw? Or is it just the forwards motion?
    04-26-11 12:24 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD