Also never understood why peeps like Pandora, it's not even radio it'sbasically a music search engine, Slacker is better but I want to see real radio apps like Wunder Radio, Tunemark, and TuneIn Radio apps.
    05-25-11 09:39 AM
    Where's MarcPandora when we need him!!!!!!!
    05-25-11 11:14 AM
    Also never understood why peeps like Pandora, it's not even radio it'sbasically a music search engine, Slacker is better but I want to see real radio apps like Wunder Radio, Tunemark, and TuneIn Radio apps.
    Because it has a learning algorithm and slacker basically doesn't. Also the point of it isn't to mimic radio, otherwise it would only play 4 songs.
    05-25-11 11:32 AM
    We may be starting to get to them. I received this response today from sending the form letter to Pandora:

Jonathan | Pandora Support
    MAY 25, 2011 | 10:22AM PDT
    Hi
    Thanks, yes, this is on our list of things to do!
    Thanks for listening!
    --
    Jonathan
    Pandora Listener Support
    PANDORA� internet radio
    05-25-11 03:21 PM
    Tunein Radio was in the app store, but was pulled due to issues. So they are likely waiting on some fix from RIM.
    05-25-11 09:44 PM
    I sent an e-mail to Pandora and seems they may be thinking about an app in the near future.. I hope Flycast and iHeart Radio follows suit.
    05-25-11 10:03 PM
    My playbook doesnt timeout after 5 minutes like you said...
    I couldn't get a few services including pandora to keep streaming when the playbook default time out when plugged in (5 minutes max). Slacker however does continue playing. I wonder how your system got by the time out?
    06-05-11 09:38 PM
    I would like to see Pandora release the desktop app as a Playbook app. Runs on Air so I think it would be a quick effort. I agree with the comment that apps are generally better than web-based services because they can be better focused, improved user interface, more intuitive, enhanced features.
    06-05-11 09:46 PM
    I couldn't get a few services including pandora to keep streaming when the playbook default time out when plugged in (5 minutes max). Slacker however does continue playing. I wonder how your system got by the time out?
    I do know that if you open an app that doesn't time out and run Pandora in the background through the browser it will keep playing as the app prevents the system from timing out. I use Bed Buzz set to not time out in the foreground and have Pandora running in the bowser with showcase mode on in the background. Give it a try.
    06-06-11 12:52 AM
    I'm using the Playbook. Slacker stays alive when the system goes on screen timeout. So I launched it, paused the music, loaded the browser, ran Pandora. But the Pandora stream stopped when the screen timed out, and resumed when I woke the screen again. The Playbook is on Showcase setting. Looked for Bed Buzz, but could not find it in the app store for the Playbook.
    06-07-11 01:18 AM
    [QUOTE=wjorth;6388929]I'm using the Playbook. Slacker stays alive when the system goes on screen timeout. So I launched it, paused the music, loaded the browser, ran Pandora. But the Pandora stream stopped when the screen timed out, and resumed when I woke the screen again. The Playbook is on Showcase setting. Looked for Bed Buzz, but could not find it in the app store for the Playbook.[/QUOTE

Under categories look under utilities and then clocks. Its the first one listed. Bed-Buzz talking alarm clock. You also need to have the app in the foreground with the browser running Pandora in the background. Havent tried Slacker cause I'm overseas right now.
    Last edited by paulvr01; 06-07-11 at 04:03 AM. Reason: added last sentence
    06-07-11 03:58 AM
    [QUOTE=paulvr01;6389171]
    I'm using the Playbook. Slacker stays alive when the system goes on screen timeout. So I launched it, paused the music, loaded the browser, ran Pandora. But the Pandora stream stopped when the screen timed out, and resumed when I woke the screen again. The Playbook is on Showcase setting. Looked for Bed Buzz, but could not find it in the app store for the Playbook.[/QUOTE

Under categories look under utilities and then clocks. Its the first one listed. Bed-Buzz talking alarm clock. You also need to have the app in the foreground with the browser running Pandora in the background. Havent tried Slacker cause I'm overseas right now.
    I'll check it out. I did get an OS update last night. The Showcase setting is supposed to let the applications continue to run even when the screen times out. But it is not working. I should not have to fool the OS into allowing Pandora to run. Frustrating.
    06-07-11 09:45 AM
    [QUOTE=wjorth;6389977]

I'll check it out. I did get an OS update last night. The Showcase setting is supposed to let the applications continue to run even when the screen times out. But it is not working. I should not have to fool the OS into allowing Pandora to run. Frustrating.
    Showcase just lets the apps continue to run in the background while multitasking if you are actively using the playbook. NFS continues to run while you use facebook for instance. It doesn't stop the screen from timing out and was never advertised as such. There is specific coding that app developers can use to over-ride the time out which is what Bed-Buzz has done (although it's still a selection that needs to be made from the options menu).
    06-08-11 02:17 AM
    I've actually grown to enjoy Slacker. I wish it did a little more "you might like this" suggestions that will personalize your station over time, like Pandora and Last.fm, but it's decent for what it is. I wish you could add artists to your station from the app, though, instead of having to visit the site which SUCKS on the PB browser.
    06-08-11 10:39 AM
    [QUOTE=paulvr01;6392514]

Showcase just lets the apps continue to run in the background while multitasking if you are actively using the playbook. NFS continues to run while you use facebook for instance. It doesn't stop the screen from timing out and was never advertised as such. There is specific coding that app developers can use to over-ride the time out which is what Bed-Buzz has done (although it's still a selection that needs to be made from the options menu).
    I understand. The screen time out is just the UI part that I see which seems to indicate other actions in the background including the audio pausing when the time out occurs. I wonder why the override for audio is not included when apps are already running in the background. Anyway, I need to find that bed-buzz app.
    06-09-11 10:47 AM
    [QUOTE=wjorth;6396448]

I understand. The screen time out is just the UI part that I see which seems to indicate other actions in the background including the audio pausing when the time out occurs. I wonder why the override for audio is not included when apps are already running in the background. Anyway, I need to find that bed-buzz app.
    Pretty nice app. I have been testing it this morning. Seems to allow the pandora stream to continue as long as Bed-Buzz is on the screen and the "keep alive" option is checked. Alternatively, having Bed-Buzz active but with the browser as the on screen application does result in the time out of the pandora stream. Anyway, nice to have Pandora available on the Playbook now.
    06-09-11 12:41 PM
    [QUOTE=wjorth;6396827]

Pretty nice app. I have been testing it this morning. Seems to allow the pandora stream to continue as long as Bed-Buzz is on the screen and the "keep alive" option is checked. Alternatively, having Bed-Buzz active but with the browser as the on screen application does result in the time out of the pandora stream. Anyway, nice to have Pandora available on the Playbook now.
    exactly correct
    06-09-11 09:53 PM
    Well if everyone has the bridge working you can fire up Pandora using the bridge browser start playing pandora then use the normal browser and it works.
    06-09-11 10:19 PM
    BB PlayBook 32gig OS 2 loaded - BB Curve 8910 BB Bridge paired to PlayBook
    The BB Bridge Browser marked as Favorite Page for Pandora Login seems to work without issues for me - just listened for about one hour non-stop while also checking email and downloading Bedd-Buzz from BB App World on Playbook. You do have to set the Alarm Clock to Stay Alive always by checking the box. I chose to upgrade to Premium $3.00 in order to be sure that utility worked to keep Pandora from stalling as noted in many replies above. So here is a way to enjoy your Pandora account now while they work on the App Word version for native installation.

Michael ATL
    03-06-12 12:39 PM
    Does anyone know if Pandora will be released for the PlayBook? I have looked around but could not find any information about Pandora.
    Keep in mind that Pandora only works in the US. Slacker Radio works in Canada, but not some other countries (didn't work when I was in Mexico).
    04-03-12 10:05 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD