Can someone tell me how I would go about packaging a website into an app as others do?
    08-10-12 11:35 AM
    08-10-12 11:39 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply, but that doesn't exactly tell me how to do it, rather just quickly shows us how it happens

I'd like to know the process step by step.
    08-10-12 12:12 PM
    Yea I would really like to see something like that too.
    08-10-12 12:45 PM
    Ok let me find another link haha.

https://developer.blackberry.com/htm...885567_11.html
    08-10-12 12:46 PM
    Send the files to me ( or the link to the online site ) , and an icon 84x84, splashscreen (launchscreen) 1024x600.

I'll make it into an app
    08-11-12 06:52 AM
    Hey guys, could you give me a hand? I've mentioned this on the BlackBerry dev forums but you guys are a lot faster. :P

I've been trying to package with the BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid and keep getting this error:

[INFO] Parsing command line options
    [INFO] Parsing bbwp.properties
    [INFO] Validating WebWorks archive
    [INFO] Parsing config.xml
    [INFO] Populating application source
    [INFO] Compiling WebWorks application
    Error loading: C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll
    [INFO] Packaging the bar file
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.127922 81961344965978989.tmp\apptest.swf (The system cannot find the file specified)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at net.rim.tumbler.file.FileManager.copyFile(FileMana ger.java:481)
    at net.rim.tumbler.airpackager.AirPackager.run(AirPac kager.java:232)
    at net.rim.tumbler.WidgetPackager.go(WidgetPackager.j ava:152)
    at net.rim.tumbler.WidgetPackager.main(WidgetPackager .java:77)
    [ERROR] Air Packager exception occurred

Any ideas? Thanks
    08-14-12 12:41 PM
    Looks like it can't find a file called "apptest.swf"; is that part of the app you're trying to package?
    08-14-12 12:55 PM
    Looks like it can't find a file called "apptest.swf"; is that part of the app you're trying to package?
    No it is not, just a config.xml and an index page (a very simple page). I'm really just trying to get a basic one signed so that I know I can count on it when my actual webapp is ready to be packaged.
    08-14-12 01:05 PM
    Are you on Windows? Try running as admin.
    08-14-12 01:55 PM
    Windows 7 for anyone else who has this problem.

Just found this on the other website into app thread: PlayBook Error - Web Packager Exception Occured - Page 4 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

The problem was a missing .dll file (although not the one actually referenced in the error, that was exactly where it should be), I downloaded a copy of msvcr71.dll and loaded it into C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5\bbwp and it packaged the app just fine.

Now when I try to install it on a PlayBook it says no debug token installed as iff the app is not signed. (tried 2 different playbooks).

EDIT: Forgot to check the box to sign the app, LOL! All good now, thanks!
    Last edited by zethaaron; 08-14-12 at 02:58 PM.
    08-14-12 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD