Anyone know when the app price will be corrected?
    Its off by one decimal and showing up as 19.99 rather than 1.99. Can't wait to try it out once pricing is corrected.
    yanicmb and tryfe like this.
    06-14-12 03:12 PM
    $19.99 is the correct price.

Idk where you got the idea of it being $1.99.
    06-14-12 06:25 PM
    lol. too funny
    06-14-12 06:28 PM
    Guess I should be happy that I got the beta for free.
    06-14-12 06:43 PM
    The Apple app store has ruined it for everyone in this way. When apps are priced this high people think there is something wrong. Maybe they should call the high price/high quality ones programs, people might not get the idea that they should be cheap.
    06-14-12 06:46 PM
    The Apple app store has ruined it for everyone in this way. When apps are priced this high people think there is something wrong. Maybe they should call the high price/high quality ones programs, people might not get the idea that they should be cheap.

The iPad's "djay" app is also $19.99

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    06-14-12 07:32 PM
    Oh I know they have some higher priced ones too but the majority of them are 99 cents. So now a lot of people thing everything coming out should be around there too. They just need to realize the time and effort that went into some of these apps/programs and they diserve to be priced at $20
    06-14-12 07:36 PM
    I didn't do a lot of research today (I was looking around at iPad apps after I bought the PB Pacemaker) but what I did find were the 99 cent versions were crap except for djay's iPod/iPhone version. Their iPad version was the $19.99 I was talking about.

But yeah I agree that overall the iTunes market set the mental perception of the cost/value of apps.
    06-14-12 07:41 PM
    Definitely gonna try out the lite version @ $4.99. I've always wanted an app like this for the Playbook!
    06-14-12 07:45 PM
    That's too funny! To think I was gonna just try the lite version for $4.99 I would rather get the full version for $1.99
    06-14-12 08:49 PM
    Anyone know when the app price will be corrected?
    Its off by one decimal and showing up as 19.99 rather than 1.99. Can't wait to try it out once pricing is corrected.
    LOL LOL... that's a great post. Good one!

On a serious note, most of us on here aren't DJ's so why do some of us need the app?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-15-12 06:22 AM
    I don't get how the OP is even funny. Aside from a few updates that are likely to happen to fix up any memory issues, it's a pretty professional-grade app.

If you're hesitant to buy apps because of the price, then don't. But don't complain about the price or insinuate that it's wrong. Do you complain about a cover charge for a concert? It's not the venue taking the money, it's for the band. I'd high-five Pacemaker for this app, but since I can't I without-a-question paid $20 for the full version.

Enjoy it - it's quite fun!
    06-15-12 07:37 AM
    I don't get how the OP is even funny. Aside from a few updates that are likely to happen to fix up any memory issues, it's a pretty professional-grade app.

If you're hesitant to buy apps because of the price, then don't. But don't complain about the price or insinuate that it's wrong. Do you complain about a cover charge for a concert? It's not the venue taking the money, it's for the band. I'd high-five Pacemaker for this app, but since I can't I without-a-question paid $20 for the full version.

Enjoy it - it's quite fun!
    Whoa Horsey, Calm down before you pop a vessel. I think the OP knows they put in hard work in their app. But he was just being funny. What he said shouldn't be taken that serious. I am familiar with the OP around the forums and he is a very sensible person. It was a joke. I wouldn't pay $19.99 for any app, even if it's the best app ever and the hardest thing to make, unless I really really need it for a business. That's just me.
    Last edited by bounce007; 06-15-12 at 08:13 AM.
    06-15-12 08:10 AM
    I'm surprised by all these make you're own music apps. Must be a lot of delusional people thinking they can really make something good. But probably fun none the less.
    06-15-12 08:29 AM
    BlackBerry users have credit cards.
    9of13 and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-15-12 09:00 AM
    I'm surprised by all these make you're own music apps. Must be a lot of delusional people thinking they can really make something good. But probably fun none the less.
    I like them. It's a cheap way to get your feet wet into the dj field. Now, will you be the next Armin, Tiesto, Guetta, etc. by buying this app and playing with it for 20 minutes? Not by a long shot. However, maybe this app sparks your interest. Then you keep going and buy Traktor. Then a controller. Then a few CDJs. And so on.

It's the same thing like cheap photo editing apps. Maybe you realize it's fun and start investing in Pixelmator, Aperature, Photoshop, etc. as you work your way up.

Or maybe you use it for fun. I wouldn't say there's a lot of delusional people. I'd say it's a cheap, great way to try something new, which may or may not lead to furthering your interest in the field.
    joski and Dafunkhead like this.
    06-15-12 10:39 AM
    So they are more for aspiring dj's? It's nice they are available.
    06-15-12 10:54 AM
    I like the idea that somebody might have priced an app at $1.999

haha
    06-15-12 11:10 AM
    I like the idea that somebody might have priced an app at $1.999

haha

Apps made my gas companies now?
    06-15-12 11:45 AM
    Apps made my gas companies now?
    Lol... I always wondered the reason for how the Gas companies priced their petrol. $3.42 and 8/10 lol
    06-15-12 12:38 PM
    Lol... I always wondered the reason for how the Gas companies priced their petrol. $3.42 and 8/10 lol
    So interestingly enough, no one knows exactly why you have the 9/10th cent at the end of your gas pricing.

Some say it was because of consumer marketing practices. 3.499 sounds better than 3.50, just like someone is more apt to buy a car under 10K even if priced at $9999

The other reason could be from when gas stations and taxes were introduced.

Back in the 1930s, the penny was more valuable than it is now. When combined with increased taxes in 1933 from 1% to 1.5%, raising gas from, say, 8 cents to 9 cents a gallon would be a huge increase (12.5% in fact) just to collect the necessary taxes. So when combined with low gas prices alongside increased taxes usually in the tenths of percent, it made sense to price gas using tenths of a cent. And as time passed, it just was a tradition/standard set that really hasn't been changed.
    bounce007 and btgdelta like this.
    06-15-12 01:28 PM
    So interestingly enough, no one knows exactly why you have the 9/10th cent at the end of your gas pricing.

Some say it was because of consumer marketing practices. 3.499 sounds better than 3.50, just like someone is more apt to buy a car under 10K even if priced at $9999

The other reason could be from when gas stations and taxes were introduced.

Back in the 1930s, the penny was more valuable than it is now. When combined with increased taxes in 1933 from 1% to 1.5%, raising gas from, say, 8 cents to 9 cents a gallon would be a huge increase (12.5% in fact) just to collect the necessary taxes. So when combined with low gas prices alongside increased taxes usually in the tenths of percent, it made sense to price gas using tenths of a cent. And as time passed, it just was a tradition/standard set that really hasn't been changed.
    Wow. And I didn't even have to google it! Thanks for the knowledge!
    06-15-12 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD