I recently bought the full version of the Pacemaker dj app and it worked fine with their preloaded music. I transferred some music from itunes to the playbook it recognizes the music but when I try to play it, the app quickly closes. I reset the playbook and also tried to reinstall the pacemaker app. Nothing worked. Any ideas? Thanks, Dominic
    09-29-12 08:20 AM
    Sounds maybe like a format or memory issue. When I first got Pacemaker, it used to shut down suddenly after I'd played a number of songs.

To begin, check the music file extension for the iTunes songs. What are they? .mp3? Also, check the file size and bitrate. Music files are getting really big. I standardize my music at 160 kbps (I think kbps is what the bitrate is measured in). Most music is up at 320 now, effectively doubling the song file size, and I've seen music with higher bitrates than that. Pacemaker might have trouble with the higher bitrates. Which would suck.
    09-29-12 08:57 AM
    I use 320 bitrate and have had no problems. Does itunes use DRM copyprotection? Try ripping some mp3s from cd and see if they work.
    09-29-12 06:14 PM
    Itunes uses copy protection...Its shi* and should never be used as it limits what you can do with them long live windows media player with OPTIONAL drm.
    09-30-12 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD