Playbook users will be happy with the new Overdrive read feature. When you borrow an ebook from your library, you may not have to download it to your PlayBook again. Overdrive has added a new Read feature that allows you to read your book in the tablet browser, formatted like it would be in an app. It is really nifty and it and it is completely platform agnostic. Blackberry probably did cartwheels when Overdrive told them they were developing this feature. It makes sense for Overdrive too. They only have to create one "app" like feature for all platforms. It is really a great idea.
    03-01-13 09:49 AM
    Does this feature work in offline mode? If not the app is still required for people travelling away from internet access.

PS. The overdrive app is now available for the Z10 too, I reported it the other day in the OS10 apps section.
    03-01-13 10:11 AM
    On my Z10, which is on Verizon Wireless in US, the OverDrive app will download from BlackBerry World on my phone but there appears to be no way to download a book. www.overdrive.com's support page for the Z10 says to use the Menu button to Get Books, but there is no menu button on the Z10. I've tried deleting and re-downloading the app several times. I've tried swiping from every angle. The "Welcome to OverDrive" Description under Details refers to a Help menu which also does not appear on my app. How do you access the menu in this app? Thank you in advance for your help. I currently have a library book that I can only listen to with OverDrive/Windows Media Player on my computer.
    05-19-13 01:47 AM