I received this via email:

Dear Library Partner,

Effective April 10, 2014, the OverDrive Media Console (OMC) mobile app for BlackBerry will no longer be available to download on BlackBerry, BlackBerry 10, and Playbook devices.

BlackBerry users with the app installed prior to April 10 will be able to continue downloading eBooks and audiobooks via OMC. However, no further development or testing will be dedicated to it.

In the past year, OMC for BlackBerry has experienced a steady decline in downloads. Only .3% of all visitors to digital library websites come from a BlackBerry device. After much consideration, OverDrive has decided to remove the app from BlackBerry App World and continue to focus our development efforts on more widely used platforms such as iOS and Android�both of which have more daily downloads than BlackBerry has monthly.

Please take steps to notify your users via email, Facebook, Twitter, and other communication methods. You may repurpose parts of this message as needed.

Should you have any questions, please contact Support via OverDrive Marketplace > Support.

Regards,
    OverDrive's Library Partner Services
    03-26-14 07:32 PM
    Wish I'd known they had an app to start with LOL. I've been using the android version forever on my Z10.
    03-26-14 08:51 PM
    I literally just downloaded this two days ago. I'm glad it will still work, but until a friend showed me the app, I had no idea it even existed. That's likely the issue.

Would it really be an issue keeping the current version in BlackBerry World?? It's an Android port anyway.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 11:26 PM
    Had to reinitialize my Playbook and now how do I get OverDrive back into it? It was one of the few reasons for still keeping and using my PlayBook on a daily basis.
    08-05-15 09:43 PM
    Hello, is there the library book app Overdrive for Blackberry Classic? I've been unable to find it in Blackberry World or in the Amazon App Store. Thank you!

If it doesn't exist for Blackberry, is there a workaround to listen to library audio books on Blackberry Classic?

Could this be alternatively done on an iPod?
    03-26-16 08:35 AM
    I found a solution to this. My wife has been having the same problem on her Passport. After hours of research not getting anywhere, I decided to fire up her PlayBook and see if Overdrive worked on it. It still worked on the Playbook.

I then went to the GoodReader site and downloaded the 2.6.6 version of Overdrive and sideloaded it to my Passport and it worked. I assume the app will also work on the Playbook if you sideload it.

If you can find the 2.6.6 version as an APK you could probably load it directly on the Passport without sideloading.

Here is the link to the GoodReader site. Use the search function midway down the page, not the search in the title bar.

APK to Bar Online Converter
    03-09-17 09:40 AM
    03-09-17 09:58 AM