Has anyone successfully uploaded this app? I can only get "part 1" where it's basically a rah rah overdrive, but I want to get books!
    the_other_island likes this.
    02-21-12 12:27 PM
    I have it working. I downloaded a book through my local library from within the app (not smooth, but it worked) and I'm reading it now. The android player needs some fine tuning (can't flip an app from upside down to right side up without turing it sideways first), but at least it's working.

If you have any questions, I'll try to help, but I'm not really sure why mine worked and yours isn't.
    02-21-12 12:31 PM
    Works for me. Remember, you need an Adobe ID to make it work.
    02-21-12 01:46 PM
    I was excited to see this one in app world - one of the first OS2 apps I downloaded. Works for me ... make sure you go into settings and log into your Adobe acct or register for one if you don't have one.
    02-21-12 02:08 PM
    mine won't install properly and when it looks like it was installed it only shows black screen on launch
    02-21-12 02:14 PM
    mine won't install properly and when it looks like it was installed it only shows black screen on launch
    try a hard reset
    02-21-12 02:16 PM
    try a hard reset
    didn't work
    02-21-12 03:26 PM
    Installed and got set up for my local library just fine. Haven't downloaded and books yet though. Question. Why do I need an Adobe ID?
    02-21-12 03:54 PM
    I was excited to see this one in app world - one of the first OS2 apps I downloaded. Works for me ... make sure you go into settings and log into your Adobe acct or register for one if you don't have one.
    what settings? I cannot get to download the file from my library. it says could not locate compatible software.
    02-21-12 04:11 PM
    Has anyone successfully uploaded this app? I can only get "part 1" where it's basically a rah rah overdrive, but I want to get books!
    Yeah, same thing here. I was able to download the Overdrive app and I got a book downloaded from my local library but can't open the book and the Overdrive app doesn't or can't locate the file either.

No clue what the other posters referred to as going to SETTINGS and inputting an Adobe ID - There is no SETTINGS in the Overdrive app that I can see.

Perhaps others can be a bit more detailed here? It shouldn't be this difficult to get this working.

EDIT: After downloading the book and clicking OPEN FILE in the download list, it reports: Unable to find default app. If I then go to Overdrive Media Console, it reports bookshelf is empty.

EDIT: I was able to get it working...............Earlier posters were right about an ADOBE ID. There is a drop down from within Overdrive Console for SETTINGS that I got by accident. Not sure how it appeared but I must have swiped it down.....Dunno. With the new OS, screen response is slow and even non-responsive at times so it may just have been slow to respond.
    Last edited by WilliamJH; 02-21-12 at 09:18 PM.
    02-21-12 08:58 PM
    Run the app, swipe down from the top to open the menu, there should be a settings icon with a gears symbol
    02-21-12 09:03 PM
    Working ok her! Thread moved to Apps & Games
    02-21-12 09:12 PM
    Dated March 2th, goodereader.com reporting, "Overdrive Media Console Now On The Blackberry Playbook"

Overdrive Media Console Now On The Blackberry Playbook | Good E-Reader - ebook Reader and Tablet PC News

Is this a native app or the current android version everyone is commenting in the threads?
    03-03-12 08:00 PM
    If you have upgraded to the new 2.0 OS, you can use OverDrive Media Console – Library eBooks and Audiobooks for BlackBerry PlayBook:

Free OverDrive Media Console – Library eBooks and Audiobooks for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download OverDrive Media Console – Library eBooks and Audiobooks for BlackBerry PlayBook - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Once you install it, swipe down from the top when you open Overdrive.

Select "more options" "help" "download ebooks"

You don't download adobe digitial editions - you enter your id in the Overdrive settings. Read the help I referenced above.

Overdrive is all you need to open library books on the Playbook. No more jumping through hoops with the upgraded OS.

This is a converted android app.
    03-03-12 09:03 PM
    Could not get DRM free epub books to open with Overdrive until their support group gave me the tip to open the book from an Android file browser. I found Simple File Browser and it works now. Just a quick tip that I discovered to make the app a bit more useful. No word if there will be an update to fix this though.
    03-04-12 09:27 AM
    I have downloaded a few books from the library now using overdrive. However after a day or even a few hours the book disappears. Talk about frustrating. I sent a note to overdrive and they said to reinstall the firm ware. Not sure what that was so I re installed the app. Still not working. Anyone know how to fix this issue?
    tresnja likes this.
    03-04-12 09:43 AM
    Sometimes my bb playbook decides not to allow. The. Overdrive software to work wtf, I'm in the middle if a book! My spouse has never had an issue with his e-reader, sony to be exact, going to get one of those!
    02-11-13 09:41 PM
    works fine on my playbook os 2.1 latest
    02-11-13 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD