"We currently have over 50 applications available that allow you to download and install on your Blackberry Playbook. Our company has spent the last three days converting Android files and signing them with our developers certificact and then testing them to make sure they work 100% before posting them for the public. This insures a level of quality and control which we remain committed too under our all initiatives."

Over 50 Playbook Apps available on the Good e-Reader App Store | Good E-Reader - ebook Reader and Tablet PC News
    axllebeer, heitty, Umedon and 16 others like this.
    02-25-12 03:59 AM
    Can moderators promote this please.It will help our crackberry buddies.
    02-25-12 04:01 AM
    This post should always be first!!
    mem0ryburn and kozmonaut like this.
    02-25-12 08:17 AM
    Why don't you just post them to AppWorld so they get the BlackBerry approval. Some of us may be wary of sideloading apps.
    02-25-12 08:52 AM
    You need permission from Google, ebay, etc.. to post them on app world. No such trouble with sideloading
    02-25-12 09:05 AM
    Why don't you just post them to AppWorld so they get the BlackBerry approval. Some of us may be wary of sideloading apps.
    To their credit, RIM will not accept an app into APP World unless the person submitting the app also owns the copyrights to all of the app's content (including the code-base). When it comes to copyrights, there is no distinction between free apps and paid ones. No one can legally redistribute someone else's work without getting the author's explicit permission.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    02-25-12 09:13 AM
    I understand that downloading these apps is not as simple a process as going to app world and downloading one of their apps; am I correct in this observation?
    02-25-12 09:25 AM
    I understand that downloading these apps is not as simple a process as going to app world and downloading one of their apps; am I correct in this observation?
    You are correct, but it's by no means difficult. There's a thread around about the snes emulator that had me sideloading in under five minutes from a start point of no knowledge.

Think of it more as an alternate method than a 'worse' one...
    02-25-12 09:32 AM
    They obviously didn't thoroughly tested everything on their app world, ES file explorer keeps crashing when trying to use most of its features...
    02-25-12 09:40 AM
    Awesome service from goodereader.com! Getting the kindle app loaded was a no-brainer (although the PC desktop app isn't the most user friendly).
    kozmonaut likes this.
    02-25-12 02:19 PM
    I wish there was an easier method. I know I tried to convert the Android version of the Good e-Reader App Store from APK to Bar and it works but it screws up on the actual downloading because of the default android paths and the way the BB emulator works

If i had the source for the BBP Installer, I am sure I could prob write a script that allowed the app to install apps directly to your playbook without the software.
    nor246, Snoman002 and fbloise like this.
    02-25-12 04:33 PM
    To their credit, RIM will not accept an app into APP World unless the person submitting the app also owns the copyrights to all of the app's content (including the code-base). When it comes to copyrights, there is no distinction between free apps and paid ones. No one can legally redistribute someone else's work without getting the author's explicit permission.
    At least they have to sign them to make them side loadable. The lawyers will have a trail to follow.
    02-25-12 07:09 PM
    Thanks to kozmonaut for all the work converting.
    kozmonaut likes this.
    02-25-12 07:14 PM
    Loaded Pandora, IMDb, Words with Friends, and StumpleUpon apps with no problems. These were my first attempts with sideloading apps. It is a fairly simple process with DDPBInstaller.
    02-25-12 09:50 PM
    I cant download any app from that link, every time i click download i get a webpage full of weird characters.
    aazidane and geokilla like this.
    02-26-12 09:04 AM
    I cant download any app from that link, every time i click download i get a webpage full of weird characters.
    To download to your PC, right click and then save. The website explains this. They recommend that you download the BAR to your Playbook for this reason. (I prefer to save them on my PC though)
    02-26-12 09:32 AM
    are they all apks or bar files? i tried aldiko but its an apk file

i put the aldiko.apk in the data/app folder , ran in from android, but it crashed! i will try the pb .bar download method
    Last edited by v6pman; 02-26-12 at 01:15 PM.
    02-26-12 12:51 PM
    I found that if I downloaded from my PC it came up as an APK but the same link from the PB downloaded as a BAR file.... weird.
    02-26-12 12:59 PM
    i can't even load that goodereader/apps URL link on the PB, using either dolphin or stock browser

i gave up lol, cannot load that site
    Last edited by v6pman; 02-26-12 at 01:25 PM.
    02-26-12 01:18 PM
    Cannot make any purchases in the marvel and comics x app, any suggestions?
    02-26-12 07:45 PM
    02-26-12 11:26 PM
    New Apps uploaded in the last 24 hours

Amazon Mobile for Playbook
    Craigslist for Playbook
    BBC News for Playbook
    USA Today for Playbook
    LinkedIn for Playbook
    gReader (Google Reader | RSS) for Playbook
    iHeartRadio
    comiXology for Playbook
    CNN for Playbook
    VEVO for Playbook
    Rhapsody for Playbook
    Google Sky Map for Playbook
    Pulse News for Playbook
    �Torrent Remote for Playbook
    Words With Friends for Playbook
    Pinger Textfree for Playbook
    Skype for Playbook
    Good e-Reader News for Playbook
    Shazam for Playbook
    Paypal for Playbook
    Wall Street Journal
    Yahoo Instant Messenger

and more!
    Last edited by kozmonaut; 02-27-12 at 12:14 AM.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    02-26-12 11:47 PM
    can anyone confirm skype for playbook works of the recently uploaded apps? secondly, can anyone recommend a video player that plays .avi mkv mp4 on playbook. i tried the mxplayer but was not able to get it sideloaded without problems
    02-27-12 08:41 AM
    The problem with MKZ is the OMAP procssor the playbook uses cannot decode those videos with the stock video app or any others. You need to convert MKV to another high dev format. I used a program called XenonMKV. It maintains the HD and is good. This is preety well why no existing android app can be ported over to the playbook.

In other news, we created a dedicated playbook game app section. Most games don't work, but we got 5 so far that do.
    Michel Souris likes this.
    02-27-12 10:30 AM
    Thank you, but the problem of downloading the bar file to the desktop remains.

Can you post the files in a zip container? That is, convert them to zip files (or rar), and we can then download the zip file to the desktop quickly and easily, then unzip them to get the bar file.

Thanks again.
    02-27-12 10:42 AM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD