there are far more than 500 for each iphone and android. i think when we had a look at around 100 of the PB apps in another thread they had 5 tic tac tow games. BB apps/games are no different that the rest, they all have duplicates and junk
    Last edited by howarmat; 04-12-11 at 08:56 PM.
    04-12-11 08:49 PM
    the rest, they all have duplicates and junk
    You are correct!
    But, the guy who wrote the 'junk' told his wife he had authored a bizillion PB apps.
    I hope she doesn't expect to be taken to dinner with the royalties.
    04-12-11 08:54 PM
    this thread is worthless spam
    Agreed - and based on the OP's recent posts, they seem very similar to another member that was banned a few days ago (whocaresit)

Just a casual observation
    04-12-11 10:57 PM
    Go to Blackberry App World on the internet. Browse the catalog. Search on "Playbook". You get back 144 and some of those are because the word playbook is in the description (Madden 11 for instance)
    04-13-11 02:13 AM
    Go to Blackberry App World on the internet. Browse the catalog. Search on "Playbook". You get back 144 and some of those are because the word playbook is in the description (Madden 11 for instance)
    thats true you get that many, however this is simply a search of those apps with the word `playbook` in the description, and isnt an actual search by device, so not all playbook apps show.

also the developer needs to make his/her apps `live` for them to be on appworld so again there `could` be a thousand, or a million (i know, but ya get the point), just sat there waiting for devs to make them live
    04-13-11 06:44 AM
    whatever the amount over 1k, at least you're getting quality dedicated apps on the playbook and that's saying a lot for a new platform that will also have future functionality with android and previous java made bb apps.

surely, RIM isn't giving away their playbooks just to anyone making a silly useless fart app.
    04-13-11 08:28 AM
    thats true you get that many, however this is simply a search of those apps with the word `playbook` in the description, and isnt an actual search by device, so not all playbook apps show.

also the developer needs to make his/her apps `live` for them to be on appworld so again there `could` be a thousand, or a million (i know, but ya get the point), just sat there waiting for devs to make them live
    Since playbook apps only work on Playbook I have to believe most would have playbook in the title or description. Plus how many developers are waiting to make them live. why? Just saying its likely not thousands that are waiting while 144 have made theirs live.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-11 08:29 AM
    Since playbook apps only work on Playbook I have to believe most would have playbook in the title or description.
    No, they dont.

Plus how many developers are waiting to make them live. why? Just saying its likely not thousands that are waiting while 144 have made theirs live.
    Because they can't until the releases are approved.
    04-13-11 08:33 AM
    Are you guys mad because the xoom launched with 11 and now a month later is only up to 50? (both facts).

Some info to back you up, here. One month later, Honeycomb has just 50 native apps :

04-13-11 08:53 AM
    Over 600 apps (slightly inflated number, but the best available estimate!) have been added today!

That is steady progress.
    04-13-11 08:54 AM
    the difference is that the xoom and other android tablets can run all previous froyo apps also. most run perfectly too. angry birds looks fabulous on the 10" screen. QNX wont have the ability to run older BBOS or android apps at launch. therefore it only has the 4000 apps actually made for the PB while the xoom has over 200,000 apps it can run.
    Last edited by howarmat; 04-13-11 at 09:09 AM.
    04-13-11 08:59 AM
    the difference is that the xoom and other android tablets can run all previous froyo apps also. most run perfectly too. angrey birds looks fabulous on the 10" screen. QNX wont have the ability to run older BBOS or android apps at launch. therefore it only has the 4000 apps actually made for the PB while the xoom has over 200,000 apps it can run.
    And that's on a crappy screen, can't wait to see what it looks like on a good one!
    04-13-11 09:03 AM
    ok, so i am going to directly quote mike lazaridis

APPWORLD ALREADY HAS OVER THREE THOUSAND APPS
    that is a fact people, end of the rumors

source
    04-13-11 12:05 PM
    Yeah alot of these "10,800" are double links or if you click the link app world says there is no such item
    You can also get the message because the app was once in AppWorld, but isn't anymore. This is probably because of the signing process of the apps that were created for the PlayBook was a bit confusing. The signing tool wasn't available when most of these apps were created and excepted into AppWorld. There was then some conflicting information coming from BlackBerry. Some people were told not to put there application up for sale until it was signed and others were told to post it for sale and then sign it later. Those apps were later taken down from AppWorld and will go back up once the signing process is completed.
    04-13-11 01:25 PM
    Over 600 apps (slightly inflated number, but the best available estimate!) have been added today!
    This might be because RIM sent an email to 661 devs, asking them to post their apps for sale because the release was so close.
    04-13-11 03:02 PM
    This might be because RIM sent an email to 661 devs, asking them to post their apps for sale because the release was so close.
    Looks like RIM was hammering through approvals today, I had 2 releases approved this afternoon.
    04-13-11 03:04 PM
    Just saying its likely not thousands that are waiting while 144 have made theirs live
    Well, there were at least 661 waiting before today. Out of those 661 devs, many also have multiple apps, so there may be as many as 1000 that were waiting before your post. (Some devs haven't posted their apps yet because they want actual device testing first to make sure everything runs the way they expect).
    And there are well over 144 apps right now. Check this out- OT_PlayBook Apps_list - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    It's from a while back, but there were over 300 apps already at that point. Keep in mind that a ton of apps were submitted just before the deadlinen of March 31 and that list came out before those apps were submitted.
    04-13-11 03:26 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD