I have a BlackBerry device (9700, os6) connected through BES to my Microsoft Exchange emails.

My IT department also grants us an access to Microsoft OWA, I can use it through Internet Explorer. On my PlayBook, it works too with the "Light" interface. Would anyone one have any suggestions on how I would use this out off the 'light' interface. I am trying to gain access to all my shared calendars on Outlook, and this seems to be the only way.
    01-01-12 09:19 AM
    i know my IT department locks down OWA to light. When I try and log in on my home computer, I cannot use anything but light
    01-01-12 09:54 AM
    have you try aVpn? There was a thread about using it to access Outlook.
    01-01-12 10:03 AM
    You should access BES email whilst Bridged should you not. Works for me.
    01-01-12 10:04 AM
    You cannot access shared calendars through the bridge app
    01-01-12 10:08 AM
    Pigdude...I can access full Outlook Web App through my laptop, and my IT department cannot seem to help with my Playbook, and you are correct that you can't access shared calendars through bridge.
    Hgouck...I will try and look for that thread.
    01-01-12 10:30 AM
    OWA lite is browser dependent. Same as Lotus iNotes. Depending on the browser utilized, it will automatically default to the lite or the full version, and I think those policies are specified by the user's IT department.
    01-01-12 10:38 AM
    Only the lite option for the Playbook Broswer.. (Samsung Galaxy only got lite aswell, never tried an ipad)
    01-01-12 10:44 AM
    Wife has Ipad, same....cannot deselect lite.
    01-01-12 10:58 AM
    normally you need to be using Internet Explorer to get full OWA. Not sure if changing the user agent in a browser like Simplebrowser Plus would trick it and make it work.
    01-01-12 11:19 AM
    Same -- non-light has only ever worked using MS IE from my laptop (which isn't my regular browser). Wonder if it is feasible to create a PlayBook Outlook Connected app that emulates IE for the purposes of accessing OWA. (@Hatax of SimpleBrowserPlus fame?)
    01-01-12 11:28 AM
    JayInNJ...I just downloaded Simplebrowser, same results. Nice thought though.
    Disparishun...I think that is what we need!!!
    01-01-12 12:14 PM
    Pretty sure it's related to activeX controls in the full OWA site..

Thus only option in anything other then IE is Lite.
    01-01-12 01:21 PM
    I believe OWA uses ActiveX controls in the full version of OWA hence why it doesn't load on tablet/mobile browsers.

edit:
    Saying that though, the organisation I work for uses OWA 2010 which is compatible with Chrome and Firefox... those two do not support ActiveX... interesting.
    01-01-12 01:33 PM
    Since I mainly use chrome at home, tried it in IE and i get the full site. Must be, as others said, a browser thing.
    01-01-12 03:37 PM
    from the owa website,

To use the complete set of features available in Outlook Web App and the Exchange Control Panel, you can use the following browsers on a computer running Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, or Windows 7:
    Internet Explorer 7 and later versions.
    Firefox 3.0.1 and later versions.
    Chrome 3.0.195.27 and later versions.
    On a computer running Mac OS X 10.5 and later versions, you can use:
    Safari 3.1 and later versions.
    On a computer running Linux, you can use:
    If you use a Web browser that doesn't support the full feature set, Outlook Web App will open in the light version.
    01-01-12 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD