Outlook.com says it has a built in web based Skype...Has anyone tested this on the PB? Does it work?
    07-31-12 01:45 PM
    Skype hasn't been enabled yet. I'm hoping it will work. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    07-31-12 01:50 PM
    Tried accessing Outlook.com on my PB but it doesn't work. Native browser only displays a blank page. Secure Browser and Simple Browser both crash (and I had to play with the user agent settings to get the site to load up). The old Hotmail site loads fine, but when you switch to Outlook, no luck. At least, that's my experience trying 3 different browsers. Note, I am on the 2.1 beta.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-31-12 03:51 PM
    Same thing happened to me except that i was able to acces it with SimpleBrowser+ but it was kinda slow and some pages wouldn't display.
    07-31-12 04:27 PM
    Microsoft is updating the related sites like msn, skydrive,... but i believe that skype wont make it to the release day.
    07-31-12 05:31 PM
    Tried accessing Outlook.com on my PB but it doesn't work. Native browser only displays a blank page. Secure Browser and Simple Browser both crash (and I had to play with the user agent settings to get the site to load up). The old Hotmail site loads fine, but when you switch to Outlook, no luck. At least, that's my experience trying 3 different browsers. Note, I am on the 2.1 beta.
    Same with me.
    07-31-12 08:55 PM
    I had it working for a while with Dolphin Browser but it warned me security certificate was no good. I accepted and it worked for a while then hung up.
    07-31-12 09:16 PM
    Blank page for me here too.
    07-31-12 11:01 PM
    I had one solution. See the other thread here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ccount-737922/
    Basically after you go to Add New Account, select Email.

Look for and select Advanced Setup and select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.

Where the Server name is required, try each of the following until you succeed. You may have to try several times until the right one works for your account.

m.hotmail.com
    bay-m.hotmail.com
    col-m.hotmail.com
    snt-m.hotmail.com

I now have several hotmail and outlook.com accounts in my Messages.
    08-01-12 12:07 AM
    I had one solution. See the other thread here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ccount-737922/
    Basically after you go to Add New Account, select Email.

Look for and select Advanced Setup and select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.

Where the Server name is required, try each of the following until you succeed. You may have to try several times until the right one works for your account.

m.hotmail.com
    bay-m.hotmail.com
    col-m.hotmail.com
    snt-m.hotmail.com

I now have several hotmail and outlook.com accounts in my Messages.
    They're trying to get the new Skype browser app to work.
    08-01-12 02:29 AM
    does this mean skype is coming or not? If it does what are people gonna complain about????????
    08-01-12 06:43 AM
    does this mean skype is coming or not? If it does what are people gonna complain about????????
    Netflux?
    08-01-12 06:48 AM
    I tried creating an account this morning on my PB....but my router didn't like me

-BUT- the page loaded fine.

The only reason I care is because I'm getting ready to start another whirlwind tour of the world for work and will be gone 4-6 weeks. I need someway to stay in touch with family, and with one PB...well that just ain't happening.

Looks like I'll end up using Skype to call home using my laptop ...
    08-01-12 07:22 AM
    I've just created an account and it loaded fine. There's no option for Skype yet though.
    08-01-12 08:09 AM
    I'm getting a blank screen on the PB browser, the dolphin browser struggles and is stuttering, but maxthon browser seems to be loading it very well
    08-01-12 10:47 AM
    Actually just realised the maxthon browser was loading a basic version. Changed it to the full version and it started to struggle, but the funny thing is that if I copy and paste the address from maxthon to the PB browser it loads up this full version really well and better than the maxthon effort.
    08-01-12 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD