09-22-12 12:10 PM
47 12
tools
    KermEd, jtokarchuk:

I have a bug:
    When I launch the app it says "Error! Cannot access important files over the internet."

Is the app trying to access filearchivehaven.com? Then I guess it is the problem cos due to some reason my ISP has blocked it or something.. it always times out..
    If so are there plans to add a mirror or something..
    If not because I know that it is a problem on my side so I may have to figure out some alternative work around.. (would be nice if you could suggest some.. Proxy?)
    08-28-12 09:25 PM
    WOW!! this is so simple to use and is flawless!! Hopefully we can get this app market as large as Koz's
    08-28-12 09:33 PM
    I may have missed it when looking briefly but can I install bar files that _I_ have manually copied over to the pb using this app or must they be downloaded using the app and then installed.
    08-28-12 09:54 PM
    Windows version fails to download bar packages
    Java in path, .NET 4 installed

Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "User selected: " to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Operators.AddObject(Object Left, Object Right)
       at App_Centre.MainWindow.MultiBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4963 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    App Centre
        Assembly Version: 1.2.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.2.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/App%20Centre.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4968 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4977 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4980 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Data
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    08-29-12 02:10 AM
    KermEd, jtokarchuk:

I have a bug:
    When I launch the app it says "Error! Cannot access important files over the internet."

Is the app trying to access filearchivehaven.com? Then I guess it is the problem cos due to some reason my ISP has blocked it or something.. it always times out..
    If so are there plans to add a mirror or something..
    If not because I know that it is a problem on my side so I may have to figure out some alternative work around.. (would be nice if you could suggest some.. Proxy?)
    Yes, it does. The first time I tried it I was on a network that blocked access to filearchivehaven.com (downloaded the actual app via a proxy) and it didn't work. To get a proxy, go here: Free Proxy List - Public Proxy Servers (IP PORT) - Hide My ***! Select one and enter it's details in the playbook settings menu.
    KermEd likes this.
    08-29-12 03:02 AM
    Yes, it does. The first time I tried it I was on a network that blocked access to filearchivehaven.com (downloaded the actual app via a proxy) and it didn't work. To get a proxy, go here: Free Proxy List - Public Proxy Servers (IP PORT) - Hide My ! Select one and enter it's details in the playbook settings menu.
    Yeah .. I know proxy as an option.. But just thought I should let the devs know that the site is being blocked at places.. Though I have no idea why the ISP has blocked them..

Thanks anyway..
    KermEd likes this.
    08-29-12 05:14 AM
    Windows version fails to download bar packages
    Java in path, .NET 4 installed

Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "User selected: " to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Operators.AddObject(Object Left, Object Right)
       at App_Centre.MainWindow.MultiBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4963 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    App Centre
        Assembly Version: 1.2.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.2.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/App%20Centre.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4968 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4977 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4980 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Data
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    This bug has been fixed and will be updated shortly. Sorry!
    borceg likes this.
    08-29-12 09:30 AM
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. Sorry for the silence (been @ BBJam in Vancouver). Interesting FileArchiveHaven was being blocked, its a pretty clean site (no ads etc).

Once the app picks up a bit of steam the datafiles will be moving to OSBBx / OpenSourceBB website.

For downloads to local storage, explanation takes more time than its worth . This is essentially LocalBar2 + App Downloader in-one. Its intended right now for developers and the like to share Open Source ports and source code pieces. Who knows what it will become over time .

And anyone building open source apps, please reach out to one of us and we can make sure to get you into App Centre.

For those asking about coding, its AS3 / Air for the PB version. And Visual Studio 2010 for the Windows build UI.

Cheers!
    GreyGhostRos likes this.
    08-29-12 05:48 PM
    This is a great idea! Extremely brilliant.
    08-29-12 05:54 PM
    I could not get apps from within this app center to install.
    VIA proxy or Root access...

Is there some config that I am missing?
    08-30-12 10:39 AM
    I could not get apps from within this app center to install.
    VIA proxy or Root access...

Is there some config that I am missing?
    Have you setup the proxy server on your Desktop / Phone properly? And then entered the proper details in the Settings menu?
    08-30-12 12:25 PM
    Have you setup the proxy server on your Desktop / Phone properly? And then entered the proper details in the Settings menu?
    The programs download fine on the playbook when I hit download (for quake 3 for example)

Then I chose local install using local bar2

I chose Root Install Then I get the error

A 0x0 error occured:

Could not connect to server - the application was not installed correctly.

For local root install, I shouldnt need a desktop app ??
    08-30-12 01:20 PM
    The programs download fine on the playbook when I hit download (for quake 3 for example)

Then I chose local install using local bar2

I chose Root Install Then I get the error

A 0x0 error occured:

Could not connect to server - the application was not installed correctly.

For local root install, I shouldnt need a desktop app ??
    I just read the quoted portion that it doesnt truly do a local installation. You need to proxy from an external source.

I get it now - no offence, but this is more complicated than simply using DD4PB to install. So I guess the desktop app is the wiser choice.
    08-30-12 01:23 PM
    no offence, but this is more complicated than simply using DD4PB to install. So I guess the desktop app is the wiser choice.
    That is a matter of opinion. For me, I find it considerably simpler to load an app on my phone and then do everything on the PB than have to fiddle with a program on a computer.
    08-30-12 01:54 PM
    I just read the quoted portion that it doesnt truly do a local installation. You need to proxy from an external source.

I get it now - no offence, but this is more complicated than simply using DD4PB to install. So I guess the desktop app is the wiser choice.
    Personal choice.. Though installing a proxy server and configuring it for localbar is a 2 minute job..
    Advantages of App centre for me:
    1. No DDPB for linux so easier than typing in the long command everytime (more like laziness :P)
    2. Easier to have updated apps (hopefully) sideloaded. Like I noticed the DosBox in App Centre has a keyboard layout.. the one I had didn't..
    3. Till my PC is on (Which is pretty much whole day) I can go about installing stuff from anyroom in house..
    KermEd likes this.
    08-30-12 09:16 PM
    The bug is fixed in the latest app centre desktop.build available at the links.

Yeah, localbar was added for convenience and only for those who need it. In my case i always have my phone with the proxy installed (fyi, more info on all this can be found at http://yohan.es under BlackBerry, hes the mastermind behind localbar).

Anyway, I have my PB + Phone available all the time. And both my wife and I have Dev Alphas. So with this, i can download from one PB and push to another PB / Dev Alpha. Or reinstall an emu at 2am while posting on cb. Very handy . Pushing apps to other QNX devices is my fav part.

Not designed to replace bbhtools, ddbp or localbar. Just to complement it for localbar users.

I also mirrored all the data to a second server today. Will need to add toggle option code for folks to use main URL or Mirror URL to both flavours. And you will see downloads appearing in media folders again in the near future . As well as some bb10 fixes for folks using this on dev alpha.

Expect this list to grow. And again for other devs, we have some tutorial apps coming and dev tool apps that will make your life easier such as SCrid2000s WebWorks Testing tool (already in the package).

For data junkies. We have hit about 2200 app downloads already at over 30GB bandwidth . Will post stats at some point for research and development purposes for people.

Cheers,

Ed
    Last edited by KermEd; 08-31-12 at 12:00 AM.
    GreyGhostRos likes this.
    08-30-12 11:58 PM
    And here is a fun graph for you graph loving folks

SifJar likes this.
    08-31-12 09:50 AM
    Yeah .. I know proxy as an option.. But just thought I should let the devs know that the site is being blocked at places.. Though I have no idea why the ISP has blocked them..

Thanks anyway..
    Sorry for the long delay

Punched out a version specifically to overcome your problem. Next up is the download locations (etc).

As always, you can grab the latest here:
    App Centre - Application List
    Ver: 1.0.0.35 - New: 3 Servers, added Swipes

Lots in the pipe. We've just been swamped with the BBUI give-away we are hosting (long-live OSBBx! Come win tons of free stuff by building an HTML5 app.) and all the BBJAM love thats been going on.

Later this week I'll be working with jtokarchuk to add the mirrors to the desktop version.

Cheers,

Ed
    09-17-12 06:23 PM
    Oh and the 3 servers we added were:

Main (OSBBx) Server - faster for some of you US folks
    Mirror (FileArchiveHaven) Server - the one you are currently configured to, faster for Canadian folks
    Test Environment - You probably want to ignore this one. Its what we will be using to mess around and test things. But you'll probably see more Beta apps appearing here in the near future.

Ed.
    09-17-12 06:25 PM
    Sorry for the long delay

Punched out a version specifically to overcome your problem. Next up is the download locations (etc).

As always, you can grab the latest here:
    Ver: 1.0.0.35 - New: 3 Servers, added Swipes

Lots in the pipe. We've just been swamped with the BBUI give-away we are hosting (long-live OSBBx! Come win tons of free stuff by building an HTML5 app.) and all the BBJAM love thats been going on.

Later this week I'll be working with jtokarchuk to add the mirrors to the desktop version.

Cheers,

Ed
    Thanks a lot!!
    It's working great now!
    09-18-12 07:34 AM
    Hey im having trouble installing the new appcenter on my PB. I currently have the 1.0.0.34 installed and its prompting me to download and install the new version. When I come to the installation, I use proxy through my BB phone. The download starts fine and gets to the final stage where the progress bar indicates "Finalizing", once it is done it shows:
    A 0x1 error occured upon install completion:
    Info: Action:Install
    Info: Filesize: 991641
    Info: Installing...
    Info: Processing 991641 bytes
    The application may not have installed correctly

Than the app crashes and closes!! And ive tried installing other apps but some are able to install some others gets the appcenter to crash before it even finishes!

Could you at least publishe the .bar file for app center V1.0.0.35 cause on the website its still the V1.0.0.34

Thanks
    09-22-12 11:36 AM
    Hey im having trouble installing the new appcenter on my PB. I currently have the 1.0.0.34 installed and its prompting me to download and install the new version. When I come to the installation, I use proxy through my BB phone. The download starts fine and gets to the final stage where the progress bar indicates "Finalizing", once it is done it shows:
    A 0x1 error occured upon install completion:
    Info: Action:Install
    Info: Filesize: 991641
    Info: Installing...
    Info: Processing 991641 bytes
    The application may not have installed correctly

Than the app crashes and closes!! And ive tried installing other apps but some are able to install some others gets the appcenter to crash before it even finishes!

Could you at least publishe the .bar file for app center V1.0.0.35 cause on the website its still the V1.0.0.34

Thanks
    You can get the latest AppCentre bar from there:

And I don't think the App Centre can update itself by proxy method. (Well i'm guessing.. that if it is running itself then trying to overwrite its files with an update should not be possible)

I've installed quite a few of the apps but never hit any bug.. Though maybe KermEd can help you..
    09-22-12 12:10 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD