Interesting videoa showing os 2 beta running gingerbread, but more intersting is that the possibility of running later version apps as they became availanble apparent from the comment on upgrade to be pushed as theh new Android os becomew available.
    This should be good, and on a side note its interesing that bbx will also run droid apps.

So the leapfrogging and the delay might be because RIM is waiting to surprise us with having gone as far as having icecream compatibilty on the customer beta release in/around 100days from today.
    Last edited by bb.pl; 10-29-11 at 08:39 AM.
    10-29-11 12:02 AM
    videoa ... intersting...availanble ... theh.. becomew ... interesing that bbx will also run droid apps.
    is this how android autocorrect works?
    Impressed.
    M.Rizk likes this.
    10-29-11 12:07 AM
    OS updates are a sensitive subject to Android users. I know first hand. Typically, you need to either buy a new device, or wait months for your Android phone to be updated. If the PB will run ICS apps, it will be way ahead of most Android devices on the market.
    10-29-11 12:51 AM
    Ice ginger cream bread sandwich with a cherry and other food on the top?

Android and it's silly cute names can stuff it as far as I'm concerned.
    10-29-11 12:55 AM
    Ice ginger cream bread sandwich with a cherry and other food on the top?

Android and it's silly cute names can stuff it as far as I'm concerned.
    I hear ya. It was cute at first, and now it's getting old. How about Microsoft though? Mango, Tango. What ever happened to good old version numbers. Actually, code names have been used for a long time, just usually not made this public.
    10-29-11 01:11 AM
    OS updates are a sensitive subject to Android users. I know first hand. Typically, you need to either buy a new device, or wait months for your Android phone to be updated. If the PB will run ICS apps, it will be way ahead of most Android devices on the market.
    Yep. The only way to get fast updates on Android devices is to root and install a custom ROM made from AOSP, or to have a Nexus device. Otherwise you have to wait for the manufacturer of your Android device to update their custom skin.
    10-29-11 01:16 AM
    video link posted...
    10-29-11 08:39 AM
    Why didn't you just post the video from the main page showing honeycomb and ICS running in the droid player. BB.in and forums crew did an amazing job on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-11 08:48 AM
    Why didn't you just post the video from the main page showing honeycomb and ICS running in the droid player. BB.in and forums crew did an amazing job on it.

This is comingfrom RIM where they talk about later versions of android being supportef. also nentions that bbx 'phones will play android apps.
    10-29-11 12:57 PM

Yep upgrade availability on Android devices is a patchwork of differences. Lots of older devices simply do not get updates. And it's no wonder. With the frequency of devices being released it is expected lots of users will just be getting new hardware anyway.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-29-11 01:04 PM
    Ironic, RIM has to resort to the help of another OS to get by. Talk about a company struggling .You will be running Ipad apps too soon.
    Last edited by grncherry1; 10-29-11 at 05:05 PM.
    10-29-11 05:00 PM
    Ironic, RIM has to resort to the help of another OS to get by. Talk about a company struggling .
    Of course and if apple would've thought of something like that it would be revolutionary. Dang the android devs get another avenue to make money and maybe will even make native apps when the tools are there. Sounds like a losing proposition to me.
    10-29-11 05:07 PM
    Interesting videoa showing os 2 beta running gingerbread, but more intersting is that the possibility of running later version apps as they became availanble apparent from the comment on upgrade to be pushed as theh new Android os becomew available.
    This should be good, and on a side note its interesing that bbx will also run droid apps.

So the leapfrogging and the delay might be because RIM is waiting to surprise us with having gone as far as having icecream compatibilty on the customer beta release in/around 100days from today.
    This man just discovered the android player on playbook I dont mind Playbook getting ICS till maybe Q3-Q4 next year even current android phones will get it faster..
    OS2 will release with gingerbread android player..
    10-29-11 05:09 PM
    Ironic, RIM has to resort to the help of another OS to get by. Talk about a company struggling .You will be running Ipad apps too soon.
    How is it helping Android? All those devs and future devs are going to code for Android either way. This only helps RIM and hurts Android because they can't say BBX can't have that app.

10-29-11 05:12 PM
    I hear that by February, Android 5.0 "Turkey with all the fixin's" may be available.
    dave1701 likes this.
    10-29-11 05:15 PM
    This man just discovered the android player on playbook I dont mind Playbook getting ICS till maybe Q3-Q4 next year even current android phones will get it faster..
    OS2 will release with gingerbread android player..
    They should just forget about a BBOS and run Android's OS and call it a day.
    10-29-11 05:17 PM
    They should just forget about a BBOS and run Android's OS and call it a day.
    They are forgetting about BBOS. RIM is moving to BEX. Porting apps, and actually running Android OS are 2 very different things.
    10-29-11 05:22 PM
    They are forgetting about BBOS. RIM is moving to BEX. Porting apps, and actually running Android OS are 2 very different things.
    Whatever they call it.
    10-29-11 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD