Ok before anybody tells me to search i have been searching for most of the evening. so maybe give me the link to where it is on the website?

I was googling kindle app and playbook and got directed to where the site was saying that you can update to OS2 and convert android files to playbook files. if i am not mistaken.

I am very new to the playbook, and i have a kindle, but would like to use only my playbook. can anybody please explain this process to me?

Thanks so much.
    12-09-11 01:46 PM
    There are two ways. The easiest way is to browse to the online kindle app. The disadvantage to this you have to be online. The second way is to upgrade the playbook to the 2.0 beta and install the android bar file to use the android kindle app. If you need I can look for the link for the beta and the app. But keep in mind that 2.0 is beta and the official will come out in february.
    12-09-11 02:41 PM
    No disrespect intended, but if you are new to PlayBook and are not extremely techy-geeky, I'd recommend NOT trying to load the 2.0 beta. It's not a finished product and many things you can do with the current software are disabled. It's mainly intended for developers at this point. The finished update is supposed to be available in mid-February, so you don't have all that long to wait. The Kindle cloud reader works fine. You can access your current Kindle books and can download them to read offline as needed.
    12-09-11 02:52 PM
    read.amazon.com

I disagree that the os2 is only for techy geeks. its a simple list of instructions to follow. if you can bake a cake I think you can install os2
    12-09-11 06:13 PM
    @jdgarrido i would appreciate the link please. i am sure i can manage.
    12-09-11 10:40 PM
    definitely buggy. I have to reset my PB nightly just to ensure its working PROPERLY the next day. You may want to search for thenthread on how to downgrade while you're at it.

With that said... I have the developer, am techy geeky, and stopping/restarting apps and rebooting twice a day. *Some* Android support and no BBM is well worth the hassle.
    12-09-11 11:03 PM
    the latest OS2 with the kindle app has worked flawlessly for me. Not to mention everything else is working perfectly on my PB.

I would do it.

As mentioned above the instructions are very easy to follow for the os install and apps just as easy.
    D_Whatley and froghn like this.
    12-09-11 11:26 PM
    i love my pb the way it is. i only fear the updates will remove my ability to put on android apps that I want, like kindle and isilo etc. so when they release any new updates imma let you guys be the guinea pigs and let me know whats broken in the updates.

loving my pb 2.0
    12-10-11 12:15 AM
    I've done it both ways, 1.08 with Kindle Cloud and 2.0 beta with Android Kindle Reader. It's really simple to just keep 1.08 and use Cloud. You don't have to be online to read the book, but you do have to "pin and download" the book to have off-line access. I downgraded from 2.0 back to 1.08 for other reasons and am still enjoying my Kindle books.
    12-10-11 05:58 AM
    @jdgarrido i would appreciate the link please. i am sure i can manage.
    First sign up for OS2.0 beta at https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/native/beta/register/
    Then click software update from the options menu.

Then read about sideloading andoid apps.

Go to http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=661898

Good luck and backup before update.
    12-10-11 07:25 AM
    i love my pb the way it is. i only fear the updates will remove my ability to put on android apps that I want, like kindle and isilo etc. so when they release any new updates imma let you guys be the guinea pigs and let me know whats broken in the updates.

loving my pb 2.0
    ditto. 2.0 Dev FTW, flaws and all
    12-10-11 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD