UPDATE #4 11/12/2011 10:22 PM EST

Are the android apps which you are taking the bar files from and porting to the playbook going to be released on the app world?
    "NO".

The Google Document was created, and has since grown, to demonstrate, to these companies/developers whether or not their application would run within the Developmental BETA release of OS2 Runtime environment.

It was also supposed to show these companies that there is a demand for their product on the Playbook once the new OS is officially released.

is this compilation going to be available for individuals to use at their own will?
    We do not own the rights to any of these applications.

We cannot submit them to AppWorld.

Submissions to AppWorld MUST be made by the company who legally owns the rights to them.

will *we* be expected to pay for these apps in app world
    That depends on the developer/company, and is why are only posting links to FREELY available applications that have been converted. We are strongly discouraging anyone from purchasing any Android application specifically for the Playbook until it is available directly from AppWorld.

Please keep in mind that RIM has specifically and openly said that they do not allow Side-loading Applications on the Playbook. What we are essentially doing is exploiting a hole in their development process to load applications within a development setting.

There is a very good chance they will plug this hole once the official release comes out.

We have been saying from the start that this entire process is experimental and we cannot offer any guarantees on what the future will bring.

However, there are exceptions to every rule and to find those exceptions, you will need to look into the TOC and license of the application.

For example, the mobile license for LastPass can be purchased once, and expressly states that it can used on MULTIPLE MOBILE DEVICES.

On the other hand, applications like SmrtGuard and SlingPlayer (if they worked on the Android Player) specifically say that you have to purchase a new license for each device/OS whether it is Blackberry/Android/iOS [in other words: "non-transferable"].

Bottom-line: Contact the developer/company and continue to press them to legally and officially convert their application for the Playbook. Ask THEM what their licensing policy is or find it on their website.

UPDATE #3 10/21/2011 6:32 PM EST

The list below is now completely out-of-date and is officially no longer being updated. Please do not PM me to have your app added here.

Thanks to my comrades over in this thread, together, we've set up a working system {read that thread if you want to know what happened, and why we've changed}:

1. Go to https://accounts.google.com/ServiceL...heets&hl=en_US and see if the application is listed
    2. If the application is not listed, or you need to update the status of an existing application, please fill out the form at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...V1Z0E6MQ#gid=0
    3. If the application is listed, check the status
    4. If the application is listed mutliple times, make sure to check the status from the most recent timestamp
    5. When you want to update the status of an application, you will need to resubmit it
    6. Submissions cannot, and will not, be edited.

If there are any other changes or developments, I will be sure to post it here.

We thank you for your patience and your assistance.

UPDATE #2 10/21/2011 1:50PM EST

Due to the # of people trying to edit the Google Doc @ once, it led to chaos, incomplete and inaccurate data. To alleviate this issue, please use the following for to enter your submissions:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...V1Z0E6MQ#gid=0

The results from the form submissions are going to be here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...V1Z0E&hl=en_US

Please note that the applications listed on https://accounts.google.com/ServiceL...heets&hl=en_US have not been copied over yet. If anyone wants to take the initiative, you are more than welcome to start.

For instructions on how to install the BAR files, or convert an APK, please go to this thread

UPDATE 10/21/2011 6:54 AM EST

First, the bad news- as of this moment, I'm no longer going to be keeping this list up-to-date.

Now, the good news. There is a much better, more accurate list being complied on a Google Doc. Please refer to that list from this point forward.

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceL...heets&hl=en_US
    Last edited by technomensch; 11-12-11 at 09:55 PM.
    ColtD, pozo, yourpoison and 53 others like this.
    10-19-11 09:11 AM
    IMDB and Kik work for sure

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    technomensch and gord888 like this.
    10-19-11 09:30 AM
    IMDB and Kik work for sure

OK, thanks. I saw a bunch of people throwing up BAR files without saying whether they work or not. Consider it moved and confirmed.
    10-19-11 09:35 AM
    I have more at home that I will post after work - Tapatalk seemed to install, as did Steve Jobs Quotes, but I was unable to get them to launch. This was before it was discovered that a security wipe would fix it. Will be retrying them tonight

10-19-11 09:45 AM
    I KNEW I wasn't going crazy! I DID sticky it!!!!!!
    10-19-11 09:55 AM
    Opera doesn't work, skyfire works, dolphin works.. by the way we need a mail client and a gps nav app
    technomensch likes this.
    10-19-11 10:21 AM
    ip cam viewer worked with the android alpha. i have the apk if you need it
    aloon69 likes this.
    10-19-11 11:16 AM
    I couldn't get Office Suite Pro to open PDFs.
    10-19-11 11:58 AM
    by the way we need a mail client..
    K9 doesn't work reliably:

http://www.apktop.com/k-9-mail-3-902.html

Managed to install, run, and retrieve emails from a POP3 source, but now getting plenty of Force Close error messages and it hasn't retained my settings.

One to add to the not working list!

Rufus.
    10-19-11 12:09 PM
    Ask and you shall receive Gmail is attached.
    technomensch likes this.
    10-19-11 12:21 PM
    Kaiten Mail (A K9 derivative) seems to be behaving:

Kaiten Mail 1.145 - APKTOP

Need someone else to package up the apk and test on their device as I only have company signers to play with.

Rufus.
    10-19-11 12:33 PM
    Thanks. Added to list.

Ask and you shall receive Gmail is attached.
    10-19-11 12:33 PM
    ezPDf installs fine, but will not open a PDF.

I get an error "Binary XML file link #103: Error inflating class udk.android.reader.view.pdf.navigation.PageNavigat ionView"
    10-19-11 12:38 PM
    doesnt seem to work
    10-19-11 01:06 PM
    Kaiten Mail (A K9 derivative) seems to be behaving:

Kaiten Mail 1.145 - APKTOP

Need someone else to package up the apk and test on their device as I only have company signers to play with.

Rufus.
    kaitenmail works just fine, the bar its in the other apps thread.
    10-19-11 01:21 PM
    Hi folks. Loving all the apps. I can't get gmail working though - it comes up and then disappears. Everything else (Kindle/whatsapp etc) all working fine.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks
    c0rinne likes this.
    10-19-11 01:32 PM
    Hey guys,

Would be great if someone could convert Google Earth and Firefox 7 to BARs for testing. See linked APK's:

Firefox 7.0: apkdl.weebly.com________FireFox7.0Final.apk
    Google Earth 6.1: ApkBin.blogspot.com_________Google_Earth_v6.1.apk

Will get my developer keys later this week so I can start helping with this stuff. Just swamped today!
    Last edited by supraking; 10-19-11 at 03:49 PM.
    10-19-11 01:56 PM
    Wordpress and Whatsapp both working for me :-) Thanks
    10-19-11 02:03 PM
    whatsapp works, but makes the app on your bb invalid you have to reinstall it.
    10-19-11 02:05 PM
    oh really ? I thought something was going funny. So when you reinstall it on your BB does that stop the PB version working ?
    10-19-11 02:24 PM
    Anyone want to try the new Netflix version that just came out today? can't find an APK just yet, but I'm sure it's somewhere.
    10-19-11 02:36 PM
    oh really ? I thought something was going funny. So when you reinstall it on your BB does that stop the PB version working ?
    didn't try it, just deleted the playbook app and reinstalled it on my bb
    10-19-11 02:42 PM
    No paid apps please, or rather ONLY post info about paid apps, don't post links to illegal apks or bar files.
    lyricidal and Innovatology like this.
    10-19-11 03:20 PM
    Newbie here.

Thanks for all the apps.

I've had success converting android-vnc-viewer, the VNC viewer/client for Android platform (build20110327: here)

However, I'm not having any luck with connectbot, the Secure shell (SSH) client for the Android platform (either build git-2011-02-27_11-00-43 or git-tablet-2011-10-12_22-16-06)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Scott
    technomensch likes this.
    10-19-11 03:34 PM
    iSilo is working.

bar file is in this thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...8/index15.html
    cuong205a likes this.
    10-19-11 03:37 PM
1,181 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD