Orb Launcher is a quick shortcut for your home screen to launch the Orb website for streaming video and music to your computer using the free Orb software.

The app will also keep your backlight on while the app is running (in foreground) so you do not have to worry about fading out while watching videos or listening to music.

This app assumes you have Orb already set up on your computer and is simply a launcher with shortcuts.

For more info on Orb check out my post here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/ho...hlight=orb.com

BlackBerry App World - Orb Launcher

trevlan006, garpt, mca312 and 4 others like this.
    05-05-11 08:23 PM
    Man, thx for the App version and keeping the backlight on.. dude you ROCK !!!!!

thx again to you for taking the time to do all this.
    05-05-11 08:43 PM
    Thanks, I've been using it in the browser as per your previous thread. Keeping the backlight on is a great convenience.
    05-05-11 08:44 PM
    so far, not working right for me, the app version won't let me play movies. I logged back online version and it works. also I did the "refresh" as per ORB's FAQ and I can't update the files anymore?
    what am I doing wrong??

EDIT:::: I got the player working I forgot I had to make it FLASH as I did before. but still not getting it to "refresh" the folders
    Last edited by trevlan006; 05-05-11 at 09:05 PM.
    05-05-11 09:02 PM
    Looks great - just downloaded it and will test when my battery gets charged up again.

Any ideas on how to make the text smaller for the ARTISTS and other? The big text is pretty clunky...
    05-05-11 09:21 PM
    i started a whole thread on this today- finally got the tv tuner to work, but the @?!+$#! screen was going off every 5 minutes. thanx.
    05-05-11 09:56 PM
    Great job. Thanks!
    05-05-11 10:40 PM
    So after using it for one of my workouts, I noticed some oddities that seemed to fix it self. At first the app was still dimming, and went on standby once. After that it never went on standby or dim again while the video was playing.

Interesting to note: when I bottom swiped the PB to bring the PB to show multi-app, it had my current video on pause and then the screen never went on dim/standby.
    I haven't tested that if Orb app is loaded, will the PlayBook never dim regardless if it's in focus/maximized.

I'll try that now and report back I suppose...

Noted:
    - When Orb was in the background and another App was maximized, PB would dim and go on standby as per settings.
    - When in multi-app view (side by side apps running with one row of apps), even if Orb is not centered, the PlayBook does NOT dim or does NOT standby
    - When in Orb, full maximized, does NOT dim and does NOT standby as per intended use

No complaints, I almost wish I could prevent my PlayBook from sleeping.
    Last edited by BaconMunch; 05-06-11 at 01:13 AM.
    05-06-11 12:29 AM
    Excellent thanks. I don't know how I have never heard of Orb prior to reading this thread. Now the decision is made to by myself a nice NAS drive.
    05-07-11 05:06 AM
    anyone able to "refresh" the folders? its still not working for me
    05-07-11 09:15 PM
    I'm new to Orb and can't get it to stream live tv. I can access video, pics etc. But not tv. I've gone through the setup and it recognizes my tuner and goes through the steps of adding channels but the program guide says no programs available. I'm using Windows Vista 64 bit. I also can't get it to play Internet tv. Any suggestions?
    07-31-12 09:38 PM
    hey man great app and everything, the only thing is i recommend is to explain the process of making the stream flash I'm pretty sure that will fix either 80 or 100 % of the problems people reply with. I only got it working because I was close to posting a bad review on app world but remember u can edit it, so i gave it another try its no so hard i just think that random people who download the app and don't know of this thread will probably go trough the same
    09-17-12 12:06 AM
    hey man great app and everything, the only thing is i recommend is to explain the process of making the stream flash I'm pretty sure that will fix either 80 or 100 % of the problems people reply with. I only got it working because I was close to posting a bad review on app world but remember u can edit it, so i gave it another try its no so hard i just think that random people who download the app and don't know of this thread will probably go trough the same

yeah, good point.. the stream has to be changed to Flash to work properly.

I just noticed my settings weren't saved in Launcher and that's why i couldn't get it to work, lol. Once I set the stream back to Flash there were no problems. So Orb Launcher works with Orb or Winamp Remote on the desktop side of things, if anyone cares. Not sure if one is any easier to set up server-side or not.
    Last edited by BennyX; 09-17-12 at 12:42 AM.
    09-17-12 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD