Hi there!

After updating my Playbook yesterday with great excitement, I read here that there are some sideloaded apps that started working... (on a sidenote the update is great, my PB hasn't crashed once since the update!)

Has anyone tried Opera already?!?!? It's my browser of choice in my desktop (windows and linux) and in my BB phone!!!! If you haven't tried it yet, you should, you are going to be amazed by it's speed and ease of use! (I don't know why they haven't released yet for the PB )

I know there are other browser options in App World and are even for the PB OS but Opera has support for plug ins, and if it worked I could access some websites that I'm desperatly longing to visit/enjoy! (eg. cuevana.tv)

Thx a lot for your help!
    04-18-12 07:50 AM
    Post the .apk file, i convert it for u

Edit; Please PM it to me
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 04-18-12 at 08:10 AM.
    LikeA likes this.
    04-18-12 08:08 AM
    I couldn't upload it, got a missing security token message... (??)

but here's the download link:
    http://www.opera.com/download/get.pl...0&nothanks=yes

thanks a lot!

edit: Just PM'd you!
    Last edited by aburridoz; 04-18-12 at 08:23 AM.
    04-18-12 08:17 AM
    No. Opera Mobile crashes on open. But, the bar file I have is 6.5 MB, the link to the apk is for a 14 MB file, so I might have an earlier version.
    Last edited by pacoman03; 04-18-12 at 08:22 AM.
    04-18-12 08:18 AM
    No. Opera Mobile crashes on open.
    it does matter which build you use...
    LikeA likes this.
    04-18-12 08:21 AM
    This one MIGHT WORK 80% chance ..

Opera_Mini_4.2.bar
    Please give me feedback ?? !!(cant use my PB right now)

Jeroen

EDIT; i try and download the PlaybookSimulator (i always wanted to do it, but i had no time :P )
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 04-18-12 at 08:45 AM.
    04-18-12 08:23 AM
    i love opera for my desktop but I just want to point out in terms of html5 scores, PB browser tops them all.. so i m not sure why youd want to use a separate browser
    04-18-12 08:31 AM
    Ok.... I just noticed that I forgot my micro usb cable at home!!!!!!!!! (I'm at the office) I think I'll have to wait until I arrive home (unless somebody knows how to sideload wirelessly )
    04-18-12 08:55 AM
    Well, Opera Mini works, but it's pretty much useless. It might be ok on a phone, but it certainly doesn't compare to the Opera PC version, and also doesn't seem to compare to the PB native browser. No pinch to zoom, for example
    04-18-12 09:00 AM
    Ok.... I just noticed that I forgot my micro usb cable at home!!!!!!!!! (I'm at the office) I think I'll have to wait until I arrive home (unless somebody knows how to sideload wirelessly )
    LocalBar 2.0 will work no cable needed.
    04-18-12 09:10 AM
    Well, Opera Mini works, but it's pretty much useless. It might be ok on a phone, but it certainly doesn't compare to the Opera PC version, and also doesn't seem to compare to the PB native browser. No pinch to zoom, for example
    well, its the first opera version that is working, and its version 4.2 ... and the recent version is 6.5
    LikeA likes this.
    04-18-12 09:18 AM
    LocalBar 2.0 will work no cable needed.
    Got too excited until I noticed I still need to sideload Localbar before going loco all over the world without my computer!!

going back to the original post, noticed you posted the opera mini bar, which I'll of course try! but I think the mobile version is optimized for tablets, could you convert and sign it also please! ?

Your help is exaggeratly appreciated!
    LikeA likes this.
    04-18-12 09:20 AM
    Got too excited until I noticed I still need to sideload Localbar before going loco all over the world without my computer!!

going back to the original post, noticed you posted the opera mini bar, which I'll of course try! but I think the mobile version is optimized for tablets, could you convert and sign it also please! ?

Your help is exaggeratly appreciated!
    You can sideload using DDPB using WIFI. Just enter the PB IP address and password manually into DDPB and hit connect.
    04-18-12 09:40 AM
    You can sideload using DDPB using WIFI. Just enter the PB IP address and password manually into DDPB and hit connect.
    Tried but DDPB won't connect, with development IP and the one in the network. I guess I'll still have to wait
    04-18-12 09:48 AM
    Hey guys, I could convert and test for you but I got a little lost in the thread to which version you want to test and which link to use?
    04-18-12 10:37 AM
    Hey guys, I could convert and test for you but I got a little lost in the thread to which version you want to test and which link to use?
    this is the link that I originally requested

http://www.opera.com/download/get.pl...0&nothanks=yes

It is the Opera Mobile for android tablets

thanks a lot for your help!
    04-18-12 10:54 AM
    Surprise surprise!!!! Opera mini 4.2.14427 does work!!!!!! Just sideloaded and I'm browsing right now on it... the thing is that it is a bit outdated (the newest version right now is 6.5) and whenever entering something in a text field the enter keyboard doesn't work, so you have to bring the menu down and press ok. It is designed for phones with a small screen, so you get allways the mobile version of webpages that have it.

I'm excited to try the newest Opera Mobile!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: the version that I'm using, does not support pinch to zoom... it's a veteran mobile browser (but snappy)
    04-18-12 11:21 AM
    Surprise surprise!!!! Opera mini 4.2.14427 does work!!!!!! Just sideloaded and I'm browsing right now on it... the thing is that it is a bit outdated (the newest version right now is 6.5) and whenever entering something in a text field the enter keyboard doesn't work, so you have to bring the menu down and press ok. It is designed for phones with a small screen, so you get allways the mobile version of webpages that have it.

I'm excited to try the newest Opera Mobile!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: the version that I'm using, does not support pinch to zoom... it's a veteran mobile browser (but snappy)
    Lol i converted that APP xD and yes, it does work but sucks...
    04-18-12 12:11 PM
    Lol i converted that APP xD and yes, it does work but sucks...
    Well, it doesn't suck that much as it is really responsive, it's just old enough to have a long white beard
    Last edited by aburridoz; 04-18-12 at 12:35 PM.
    04-18-12 12:15 PM
    Well, it doesn't suck that much as I it i really responsive, it's just old enough to have a long white beard
    You're right ! I try and see if i can get the V6.5 working with some extra coding
    Jeroen
    04-18-12 12:25 PM
    here are the link to the apks
    opera mobile version 12-Android_Opera_Mobile_12_Opera.apk
    opera mini 7 - operamini.apk
    can someone who can convert apks-->bar, mail me? coz i have a lots of apks (mostly paid ones) but i cannot post here (dont want to get banned).
    04-18-12 12:36 PM
    You're right ! I try and see if i can get the V6.5 working with some extra coding
    Jeroen
    thanks!!!!!!!!!

could you also try to convert the mobile version?! the tablet enhanced one? Me and surely lots of other crackberrians are going to be really thankful!! Opera is a beast!
    04-18-12 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD