Not sure if this is the right place for this thread but here it is. Has anyone used anyonline operating systems with their playbook? If so please indicate which one(s) and indicate what you thought of it.

Thanks
    07-08-12 07:00 PM
    Online operating systems?
    Do you mean running a remote desktop to another computer?
    07-09-12 08:12 AM
    Online operating systems?
    Do you mean running a remote desktop to another computer?
    I think he means "Cloud OSes" e.g. eyeOS - Cloud Computing – Web Desktop – Cloud Desktop (a list of 10 can be found here: 10 Cloud Based OS’s (Operating Systems) Worth a Closer Look | CloudTweaks.com - Cloud Computing Community) - actually can't find a way to sign up for eyeOS, looks like it might be aimed at businesses? Dunno...but there are others on the list

I have not (yet) tried any of these, as the thought had never occurred to me, but I will probably do so in the near future.
    Last edited by SifJar; 07-09-12 at 08:56 AM.
    07-09-12 08:54 AM
    Yes that is exactly what I was talking about. Thanks SifJar for the list.

One other thing, I was also looking at a cloud storage that I can save movies(avi) on and play them from the cloud. I've tried a few but have not been successful in being able to play them on the playbook from the cloud.
    07-09-12 11:53 AM
    Using VLC remote you can stream videos from your PC or laptop provided it is connected to the internet.

Orb Caster does that as well. I am sure there are other services that can do the same.
    07-09-12 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD