Does anyone know of a way to "offload" a purchased application from the Playbook to your PC?
    I remember reading a thread somewhere (cant find it now) where they were able to "offload" the Tetris application to the PC.

Perhaps "offload" is a poor term. Basically since I only have a 16GB device and have since flooded it with applications, I am looking for a way to individually select which ones to "archive" to my PC to free up some space.

Then in the future, if I wish to, individually select which ones to then load back again.
    In a similar fashion to the BB device where I was able to "archive" select COD files then load them again later.

thoughts?
    11-23-11 09:41 AM
    Just delete them through AppWorld. All of your unistalled apps can be installed again whenever you wish. Just click the "Unistalled" tab when you go to My World within AppWorld to view them.
    11-23-11 09:54 AM
    You can back up your device including app using Desktop Manager. The thread that you referred to was removed because it alluded to a much frowned-upon practice related to the backup file. We shall not mention this clear copyright infringement again...

If the backup method doesn't work for you, you can delete the app from your PlayBook to free up some memory. The app will always be available to you in My World's "uninstalled list" so that you can re-install it at a later time. The downside of this approach is that you will lose any application data that happens to be stored in the app's storage location. Also, some people have reported problems with re-installing an app after the dev increases the price (and charges for the upgrade). There is a thread about this problem in this forum.

Have you considered offloading large media files from time-to-time and swapping these files in and out as required? This approach works for me on my 16GB device.
    11-23-11 10:11 AM
    It is the re-installing of the application and 1)loosing all the saved data; and 2) the issue with the price changes; that I want to directly avoid.

Sounds like offloading the media files will be my best bet for the time being. Sucks because when I visit the grandparents house, using the HDMI cable has become a benefit to show off the videos they missed. Now I have to remember to put them back on!
    11-23-11 10:25 AM
    Sounds like offloading the media files will be my best bet for the time being. Sucks because when I visit the grandparents house, using the HDMI cable has become a benefit to show off the videos they missed. Now I have to remember to put them back on!
    Consider DropBox or another cloud storage service. Apps are available in App World.
    11-23-11 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD