when will we see the official twitter app for playbook? i like the ones already on there, but i would perfer an official one
    07-07-12 03:42 PM
    The official Android Twitter client works great under OS 2.1. Might want to check it out...

RCK
    07-07-12 05:38 PM
    Tweetdeck version 5.5 works best Imo.
    07-07-12 11:29 PM
    I am also curious, I mean...RIM, the playbook has been out for a long time now, a native app is in need.......

The Facebook app is pretty good, release a twitter native one.
    07-08-12 12:35 PM
    I like using jeroen13 twitter app, it's handy and fast
    07-08-12 01:25 PM
    i dont want to sideload the twitter app, im on 2.1 beta so sideloading is not a option, as RIM caught it
    07-08-12 01:30 PM
    I like using jeroen13 twitter app, it's handy and fast
    I created a Tweetdeck app and a xTwitter (and xFacebook) APP. Which one do you use ?
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 07-08-12 at 01:38 PM.
    07-08-12 01:36 PM
    i dont want to sideload the twitter app, im on 2.1 beta so sideloading is not a option, as RIM caught it
    Not sure what you're trying to say here, but you can still sideload in 2.1 beta as far as I'm aware.
    07-08-12 02:35 PM
    2.1 beta blocks sideloading? I did not know that.
    Why do you want an "official" Twitter app, rather than any of the ones already available?
    07-08-12 02:40 PM
    2.1 beta blocks sideloading? I did not know that.
    Why do you want an "official" twitter app, rather than any of the ones already available?
    2.1 does not block side loading ! Edit; miss understood that post
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 07-08-12 at 02:55 PM.
    07-08-12 02:41 PM
    2.1 does not block side loading !
    Then do you have any idea what iblakejames was talking about when he said "im on 2.1 beta so sideloading is not a option, as RIM caught it"?
    07-08-12 02:48 PM
    Then do you have any idea what iblakejames was talking about when he said "im on 2.1 beta so sideloading is not a option, as RIM caught it"?
    It's called misinformation. Whether deliberate or not, I don't know. What I do know is that I'm writing this in TapaTalk running under OS 2.1. A few minutes ago I checked my Twitter account using the official Android app, and before that I checked my rss feeds using gReader Pro. I may pull down a torrent later using Swarm, or stream a movie from my WD TV Live using ES File Explorer.

None of these apps are available in Appworld. You do the math...

RCK
    07-08-12 05:13 PM
    It's called misinformation. Whether deliberate or not, I don't know. What I do know is that I'm writing this in TapaTalk running under OS 2.1. A few minutes ago I checked my Twitter account using the official Android app, and before that I checked my rss feeds using gReader Pro. I may pull down a torrent later using Swarm, or stream a movie from my WD TV Live using ES File Explorer.

None of these apps are available in Appworld. You do the math...

RCK
    That's what I thought. I checked the OP's post history. I would guess this thread is just a waste of time.
    07-08-12 05:43 PM
    Why do you want an app when the Playbook handles the webpage just fine? I don't even use the Facebook app. I just open the browser and go to either Facebook or Twitter in the browser. You know, the way the sites were meant to work.

As a bonus, I then laugh at the iPad dorks who need an app for EVERYTHING!
    07-09-12 05:23 PM
    Why do you want an app when the Playbook handles the webpage just fine? I don't even use the Facebook app. I just open the browser and go to either Facebook or Twitter in the browser. You know, the way the sites were meant to work.

For starters, apps tend to be faster and/or more responsive, especially on slower data connections like the one I have here on the island (2mbps with high latency).

I also like the integration possibilities - for example, tapping the share link in gReader and having it automatically bring up the twitter client with the truncated url and link title in place within the tweet text.

Some things are still more difficult to do in a browser and benefit from a dedicated UI.

RCK
    07-09-12 05:53 PM

I usually agree with this statement however there are some exceptions, in this case, twitter is a social media site and there are options like notifications and other OS integrations that are either not possible or more efficient in an app form then in a browser.

Also what rkennedy01 said, an app form can be faster.
    07-09-12 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD