I like the guess of June 1st. if so they say its being delivered by then! I' m so excited.
    im thinking if anything june 16th mer specualtive b.s. and a hope on many things. im hopeing that we get that b.s. rumored update anytime in june and within the christmas present we get is a goody bag full of big name apps were missing. that would be epic.
    05-29-11 06:07 PM
    I was kind of hoping for the long weekend here in the U.S that we would see some software updates along with a few new apps that everyone has been waiting for!
    05-29-11 06:09 PM
    I was kind of hoping for the long weekend here in the U.S that we would see some software updates along with a few new apps that everyone has been waiting for!
    ohhh i was hoping for a memorial day update. but june is what im thinking for alot; kindle, update, and stuff.
    05-29-11 06:38 PM
    So no official word out yet on ETA?
    05-30-11 02:23 AM
    Nope. Not yet.
    05-30-11 05:47 AM
    Can you believe they put out a WP7 app before they released the PlayBook app!?!? What a joke...how many people even HAVE a WP7 phone in their hands, but THEY got priority over us?

/endrant
    05-31-11 04:13 PM
    Can you believe they put out a WP7 app before they released the PlayBook app!?!? What a joke...how many people even HAVE a WP7 phone in their hands, but THEY got priority over us?

/endrant
    Microsoft has dumped truckloads of money into app development for WP7. They didn't build Kindle for WP7 just because they think that platform is where they need to be.
    05-31-11 04:51 PM
    WP7 isnt a bad platform either. the biggest issue is lack of apps for now...
    05-31-11 05:41 PM

/endrant
    WP7 was also released about 5 months before the playbook, and MS offers great development tools.
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    05-31-11 05:52 PM
    understood - Microsoft, the name and money behind it...but seriously, I haven't seen a single person walking around with a WP7 device...there HAS to be more PlayBooks walking around, therefore you go where the business is. ESPECIALLY when they're getting direct competition from Kobo being preloaded on the device...

And 100% of my sentiment rests on the assumption that RIM isn't doing anything to hold Amazon back in any way...
    06-01-11 12:06 PM
    understood - Microsoft, the name and money behind it...but seriously, I haven't seen a single person walking around with a WP7 device...there HAS to be more PlayBooks walking around, therefore you go where the business is. ESPECIALLY when they're getting direct competition from Kobo being preloaded on the device...
    Do you really think there are more playbooks out there as compared to WP7 devices?
    06-01-11 12:33 PM
    Do you really think there are more playbooks out there as compared to WP7 devices?
    So, what is there...ONE model of a WP7 phone on the market right now? And Verizon JUST launched the Trophy (HTC HD7 and Arrive being the other variants...?) inside of 2 weeks ago, right?

Not to mention Windows' free-falling smartphone marketshare...

Yeah, I'm fairly confident there are more PlayBooks on the streets than WP7 phones...LMAO...
    Last edited by mgm1979; 06-01-11 at 03:56 PM.
    06-01-11 03:48 PM
    Number of devices out there has nothing to do with it... Someone already stated why WP7 got it first (hint, it's not the dev tools. If it was then WP7 would not have a problem with the number of available apps...)
    06-01-11 03:52 PM
    So, what is there...ONE model of a WP7 phone on the market right now?
    One WD7 phone? Really? What about:

- HTC HD7
    - HTC Arrive
    - Samsung Focus
    - LG Quantum
    - HTC Surround
    - Dell Venue Pro
    - HTC Trophy
    offthahorseceo and raremage like this.
    06-01-11 04:00 PM
    Yeah, I'm fairly confident there are more PlayBooks on the streets than WP7 phones...LMAO...
    So you're confident that there are more than 1.5 million PlayBooks out there in the wild?
    offthahorseceo likes this.
    06-01-11 04:43 PM
    One WD7 phone? Really? What about:

- HTC HD7
    - HTC Arrive
    - Samsung Focus
    - LG Quantum
    - HTC Surround
    - Dell Venue Pro
    - HTC Trophy
    exactly. misinformation is not fun
    06-01-11 04:56 PM
    And that list may not be all of them... I'm not a fan of Windows phones, so I didn't put much effort into making my list. But finding that list wasn't terribly difficult. Heck, there's a link at the top of the forum that jumps to WP Central. They list plenty of Windows phones.

Why people like to spread misinformation and make themselves look foolish I'll never know.
    06-02-11 05:47 AM
    wow - I stand corrected, there are 4-5 devices...HD7, Trophy, and Arrive are all the same models for different carriers, no?

And if you're SO good a 'googling' then you can ALSO discover that there are reports of WP7 devices sold anywhere from 500k to 1.5m; and, AGAIN, I'll revert to my INITIAL comment where I stated that I have YET to see anyone carrying a WP7 device on the street...Playbooks a plenty...hence the angle of my summation.

We're on the same team here, so I find it 'odd' that we would nitpick the sentiment of my comment/opinion. And NOWHERE in posts was I relaying 'facts' and 'laying down the laws of how it is' - go ahead and take your ego trips somewhere else. Sigh...just when you think Crackberry is different from the 'other' forums...
    06-02-11 09:49 AM
    AGAIN, I'll revert to my INITIAL comment where I stated that I have YET to see anyone carrying a WP7 device on the street...Playbooks a plenty...hence the angle of my summation.
    I have yet to see a PlayBook in the wild, but I have seen plenty of Windows phones. So how should I interpret my observations?

We're on the same team here...
    We're not on a team. Using a BlackBerry device isn't some sort of group sport.
    06-02-11 10:27 AM
    wow - I stand corrected, there are 4-5 devices...HD7, Trophy, and Arrive are all the same models for different carriers, no?
    Apparently you can't be bothered to actually count the number in the previous post, or check WPCentral. There are currently eight models available, and at least four more on the horizon. Sales to date have also been reported to be between 1.5 and 2 million depending on the link you use.

And if you're SO good a 'googling' then you can ALSO discover that there are reports of WP7 devices sold anywhere from 500k to 1.5m; and, AGAIN, I'll revert to my INITIAL comment where I stated that I have YET to see anyone carrying a WP7 device on the street...Playbooks a plenty...hence the angle of my summation.
    I've yet to see anyone with a Playbook other than me. I'm sure eventually I'll bump into one. So one could argue that at the absolute best case, one is equally likely to run into one in your travels.

We're on the same team here, so I find it 'odd' that we would nitpick the sentiment of my comment/opinion. And NOWHERE in posts was I relaying 'facts' and 'laying down the laws of how it is' - go ahead and take your ego trips somewhere else. Sigh...just when you think Crackberry is different from the 'other' forums...
    It's not about teams, it's about blatantly incorrect information. The most important fact: Amazon released their Kindle app for WP7 before the Playbook was even out. Perhaps they prioritized based on availability of the devices?
    06-02-11 06:26 PM
    Ok� this was fun and all but can we get back on the current subject... As in when in the kindle app for playbook comming.
    Need some news here...
    06-02-11 07:55 PM
    You are welcome to ask Amazon directly. They are the only ones that would know.
    06-04-11 06:17 AM
    Are the big name apps waiting for the native SDK? Or perhaps they are thinking, why develop native software when we can use our Android 2.3 software?

Only time will tell...
    06-04-11 06:43 AM
    Are the big name apps waiting for the native SDK? Or perhaps they are thinking, why develop native software when we can use our Android 2.3 software?

Only time will tell...
    a few are waiting for sdk, others are waiting for the sale numbers. if any of them are being lazy and waiting for the android player they are idiots but im not surprised. this is all the feelings i get from the responses were givin on the initiative.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-11 06:50 AM
    As I have mentioned/asked before - is it because Rim might want a cut of book sales from the PB version of the Kindle App? After all, the KindleApp cannot be distributed unless it makes it into Appworld (unless Kindle goes the .bar route of sideloading). So it is possible there are some very private negotiations happening????
    06-04-11 09:30 AM
151 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD