According to a May 19, 2011 press release (Amazon Media Room:News Release) the Kindle for PlayBook app is coming soon:

All Kindle Books let you "Buy Once, Read Everywhere" - on all generation Kindles, as well as on the largest number of devices and platforms, including iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, Mac, PC, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Android-based devices, and soon HP TouchPads and BlackBerry PlayBooks.
    Better late than never.
    Last edited by rbenjamin; 05-27-11 at 05:30 AM.
    jajano, Mojoski, claffeeba and 2 others like this.
    05-27-11 04:51 AM
    how soon is soon, they originally said the end of this month. today is the 27th according to that they have 4 days including today.
    05-27-11 05:07 AM
    how soon is soon, they originally said the end of this month. today is the 27th according to that they have 4 days including today.
    just let see ;D
    05-27-11 05:29 AM
    "Soon" is probably, well, nobody knows.

Check here for more information:

http://www.amazon.com/kindlebb?t=cra...bUvbUpU6363481
    05-27-11 05:32 AM
    Building software is like building houses...

...it takes longer than expected an costs more than thought...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BrokenSaint and piper975 like this.
    05-27-11 05:34 AM
    Building software is like building houses...

...it takes longer than expected an costs more than thought...

except in nj, a cookie cutter home can be built in 4 days and at cost unless the builder kara builds. then its 4 days then another 8 after it collapses two hours later.
    05-27-11 05:38 AM
    Good news when I emailed them all i got was a canned email saying stay tune.
    05-27-11 05:58 AM
    stay tuned either means announcement soon or when we get to it. lets hope soon and that soon means within the next week.
    05-27-11 06:24 AM
    OFFICIAL

Email and Calendar is coming soon to PlayBook..
    05-27-11 07:13 AM
    I say June 1. Thats when Amazon will start shipping the Playbook.
    05-27-11 07:16 AM
    I say June 1. Thats when Amazon will start shipping the Playbook.
    That is a good guess, would be hard to sell something like the playbook that does not support your flagship product.
    05-27-11 07:23 AM
    This is awesome news! I'm glad to hear it. Kindle is great.

05-27-11 08:00 AM
    I do hope it comes soon, the other day I finally put down my PB and picked up my Kindle, the lighting was low in the room and I thought wow, soon (I hope) I will be able to read my books when it is dark. I gotta say I do love my Kindle.
    05-27-11 08:24 AM
    I would also be very pleased to see this application come to the Playbook soon. I'll be looking forward to it .
    05-27-11 08:33 AM
    Moved to PB Apps & Games!
    05-27-11 08:39 AM
    That just shows that people still dont understand the power of the playbook, however I feel the more of us CB addicts show people the how good of a product it is and keep emailing all these companies on daily asking when , when and when will their product get released on the PB. Then we will see apps devlop a little quicker. Dont forget people the PB is not a month old in the consumer market. A new direction for RIM so dont worry the PB will become a serious contender in the market. Now we have to push RIM to develop a true video conferencing app that will allow PB users to VC across different platfroms.
    05-27-11 08:48 AM
    Hmm. A beta version for BB?? Wonder what they've changed?
    05-27-11 08:59 AM
    That just shows that people still dont understand the power of the playbook, however I feel the more of us CB addicts show people the how good of a product it is and keep emailing all these companies on daily asking when , when and when will their product get released on the PB. Then we will see apps devlop a little quicker. Dont forget people the PB is not a month old in the consumer market. A new direction for RIM so dont worry the PB will become a serious contender in the market. Now we have to push RIM to develop a true video conferencing app that will allow PB users to VC across different platfroms.
    yep we gotta keep harrassing developers until they notice there is another tablet out there.

05-27-11 10:20 AM
    The Kindle site says that Kindle For Blackberry (phones) is not available outside the US. So here I am in the home town of RIM and can't get the Kindle app. I hope that changes with the Playbook version.
    05-27-11 10:53 AM
    The Kindle site says that Kindle For Blackberry (phones) is not available outside the US. So here I am in the home town of RIM and can't get the Kindle app. I hope that changes with the Playbook version.
    Funny... Cause I have it on my phone, and I'm in Oakville. Just use your phone to go to their browser and download it. You won't be able to buy books using the app, but you can buy it on the web account and sync it.
    05-27-11 11:55 AM
    But you're not in the hometown of Amazon which owns Kindle.
    05-27-11 07:11 PM
    maybe we need to forward a link to this thread and all the others to amazon so they can see we really want the app now...
    05-28-11 12:27 PM
    Exciting news. I hope this is for real and there is not a let down!
    05-28-11 12:51 PM
    Exciting news. I hope this is for real and there is not a let down!
    well were counting down the days until they are liars at blackberry world. but i would he happy if in june we get it.
    05-28-11 01:16 PM
    I like the guess of June 1st. if so they say its being delivered by then! I' m so excited.
    05-29-11 05:00 PM
151 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD